Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

They should reboot the entire Star wars film series.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
They should reboot the entire Star wars film series.

JinTetra
02.14.2012 , 10:26 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by evildestroyer View Post
For something that takes place 1000s yrs in the future...
A long time ago, but somehow also in the future...
"We're gonna be dropped onto Korriban, dressed as civilians. And once we're in enemy territory, as a bushwhackin' guerrilla army, we're gonna be doin' one thing and one thing only... killin' Sith."
~ Darthshnooky

dronepilot
02.14.2012 , 10:29 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JinTetra View Post
A long time ago, but somehow also in the future...
YES.. Well no.. sort of. It happened in the PAST ? a Long time ago ? BEFORE we existed ? or is it in the future. Always wondered about that. I try not to think too hard on it though
Velseen / Valseena
Jedi Consular Level 50 - Shadow - Infiltrator - Jedi Sage
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

MillionsKNives
02.14.2012 , 10:40 AM | #13
A long time ago in some distant galaxy there existed a collection of humanoid races. These races, being very old, developed advanced technology in that time. What follows is a tale of a dark time in their history, a time of corruption, civil war, and rebellion.

It's essentially like the Protheans from Mass Effect. A race that lived long ago that was much more advanced than humans at the time (we only advanced as quickly because of their technology).

JinTetra
02.14.2012 , 10:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
A long time ago in some distant galaxy there existed a collection of humanoid races. These races, being very old, developed advanced technology in that time. What follows is a tale of a dark time in their history, a time of corruption, civil war, and rebellion.

It's essentially like the Protheans from Mass Effect. A race that lived long ago that was much more advanced than humans at the time (we only advanced as quickly because of their technology).
Sooooo, you're a Reaper? Or a cylon, maybe. Either way, you must be disintegrated!
"We're gonna be dropped onto Korriban, dressed as civilians. And once we're in enemy territory, as a bushwhackin' guerrilla army, we're gonna be doin' one thing and one thing only... killin' Sith."
~ Darthshnooky

NuclearPanda
02.14.2012 , 10:50 AM | #15
Not to start a discussion on physics and the reality of "time", but technically everything you see is already in the past. You'll never SEE the present due to the speed of light and the amount of time it takes for A) the light to reach your eyes and B) the amount of time it takes your brain to process that information.

Of course this is an extremely small window but let's expand that to a larger scale within our own solar system.

You know that Sun that rises and sets everyday? You're never really seeing it how it is. You're seeing how it looked 8 minutes ago. The light (what we see/process) from the Sun takes about 8 minutes to reach the earth.

So let's expand that to an intergalactic scale. The next closest star to us (the closest being our own Sun) is Alpha Centauri. That's 4.27 light years away. This means when you "observe" it you're actually seeing what is looked like over FOUR YEARS AGO, and that's the next closest to us.

Star Wars could have happened a "long, long time ago" and by the time we found out about it, or "observed" it, it could have been over for thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years ago.

/end mind-boggling rant
Thank god I'm an Arsenal DPS and not a Bodyguard healer. Patch 1.2 is going to make them worthless.

theoriginalsteve
02.14.2012 , 10:55 AM | #16
I watched them again and i am thinking that this entire series needs a full reboot. I mean the droids look very primitive. For something that takes place 1000s yrs in the future you think the droids would look like something futuristic and not something made in the 80s.

I mean the movies just dont give me a really futuristic feel to it. I would really like to see these movies remade using modern technology and having a proper setting to it.

Anyone else would like to see a reboot?
nicely trolled... ಠ_ಠ
TOR: Jai-ess IA Sniper, Legions of Lettow
.:Imperator Mos:.

NaimiIflya
02.14.2012 , 11:01 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by NuclearPanda View Post
Not to start a discussion on physics and the reality of "time", but technically everything you see is already in the past. You'll never SEE the present due to the speed of light and the amount of time it takes for A) the light to reach your eyes and B) the amount of time it takes your brain to process that information.

Of course this is an extremely small window but let's expand that to a larger scale within our own solar system.

You know that Sun that rises and sets everyday? You're never really seeing it how it is. You're seeing how it looked 8 minutes ago. The light (what we see/process) from the Sun takes about 8 minutes to reach the earth.

So let's expand that to an intergalactic scale. The next closest star to us (the closest being our own Sun) is Alpha Centauri. That's 4.27 light years away. This means when you "observe" it you're actually seeing what is looked like over FOUR YEARS AGO, and that's the next closest to us.

Star Wars could have happened a "long, long time ago" and by the time we found out about it, or "observed" it, it could have been over for thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years ago.

/end mind-boggling rant
Well, considering that Star Wars us in a different galaxy... it could easily be millions of years. Uh, yeah... um...
Larmonte Murho from Sanctum of the Exalted <Jedi Guardian>

swtonewbie
02.14.2012 , 11:05 AM | #18
Star Wars A New, New Hope coming to a theater near you in 2013

Directed by Michael Bay

Starring:
Leonardo De Caprio as Luke Skywalker
Megan Fox as Princess Leia
Michael Caine as Obi Wan Kenobi
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Han Solo
Arnold Schwarzenegger as Darth Vader

and special guest stars
ED-209 as R2D2
Terminator T-800 as C3PO
and Betty White as Mon Mothma

heck ya i would watch that!!!

Crabbok
02.14.2012 , 11:13 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by havok_bloodcraft View Post
^this

And they should never reboot anything just because technology got better that is how we got enterprise. Did you like enterprise?
yeah it wasn't that bad.

I'd love for them to re-do Star Wars with a new director and a slightly new interpretation.

Woodspoon
02.14.2012 , 11:14 AM | #20
takes place 1000s yrs in the future you think the droids would look like something futuristic and not something made in the 80s.

Anyone else would like to see a reboot?
1977 is not the 80's

and no a reboot would be cinematic heresy in my opinion.
∑█╫╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬۝Ξ╣◣▀▀▀▀▀▀www.thenerfherders.co.uk▀▀▀▀▀▀