Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

They should reboot the entire Star wars film series.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
They should reboot the entire Star wars film series.

evildestroyer
02.14.2012 , 12:46 AM | #1
I watched them again and i am thinking that this entire series needs a full reboot. I mean the droids look very primitive. For something that takes place 1000s yrs in the future you think the droids would look like something futuristic and not something made in the 80s.

I mean the movies just dont give me a really futuristic feel to it. I would really like to see these movies remade using modern technology and having a proper setting to it.

Anyone else would like to see a reboot?

MandalorianMoron
02.14.2012 , 12:52 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by evildestroyer View Post
For something that takes place 1000s yrs in the future
Watch the first 5 seconds of every Star Wars film again.
Sundor - Jedi Shadow - Begeren Colony
ASCENSION STRIKES BACK

ItchyThePenguin
02.14.2012 , 12:54 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MandalorianMoron View Post
LOL! ^ This! x10
Jedi Guardian -- Miscreant (55)
Formerly of Mind Trick and Corellian Run -- Now of The Shadowlands

havok_bloodcraft
02.14.2012 , 12:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MandalorianMoron View Post
^this

And they should never reboot anything just because technology got better that is how we got enterprise. Did you like enterprise?

MillionsKNives
02.14.2012 , 09:15 AM | #5
If they need to redo anything it's the prequels, to give a proper story of the downfall of Anakin. I couldn't care if they kept the whole cast and just replaced Lucas.

LordDeschain
02.14.2012 , 09:27 AM | #6
NO way, so i guess we should just remake every movie made years ago lol. Cant people just be happy with what we are given.

Lets all get one thing clear, SW is a fictional world made up from in Hollywood and it was made back in the 70's. I know we all including myself absolutely love SW and hold it dear but lets not delude ourselves and start trying to remake it claiming that it dosent look futuristic enough lol.

If anything and this will never happen perhaps more SW movies should be made for either post ROTJ or in the TOR time setting. But i dont want some terminatoresque droids running around, half of what makes SW what it is are those clunky looking droids.

Gaskarth
02.14.2012 , 09:33 AM | #7
This isn't no Friday the 13th / A Nightmare on Elm's Street movie. Leave it as it is. Our SW-geek-self may not be fulfilled but at least it was a good ending.

IMO, they should do ToR / KoToR or some spin-off movie at least to satisfy some SW-geek-self in us.

superock
02.14.2012 , 09:49 AM | #8
Where did u get your timeline?
{█|█][█|█[o]|█][▐|/██████████████████████████████████████████)

NuclearPanda
02.14.2012 , 09:50 AM | #9
Well since they are remaking everything these days, including a stupid reboot of Police Academy (no joke), I fully say NO to rebooting all of Star Wars.

The only thing that needs a reboot are the "prequels", which in my opinion were horrible.
Thank god I'm an Arsenal DPS and not a Bodyguard healer. Patch 1.2 is going to make them worthless.

Gomla
02.14.2012 , 09:59 AM | #10
The only 2 films I want to see rebooted and mixed together are Jaws and Open Water.

That way Open Water will only last a few minutes and all can cheer.