Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Smugglers must be nerfed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Smugglers must be nerfed

Brightglade
03.06.2012 , 09:00 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by chakkar View Post
Also, my in combat CC will shock them for four seconds. It seems that when I get CC'd by a smuggler and am out for twice as long.
You can't be level 50 yet if you are seriously complaining about Operatives and Smugglers.

Juggers can do a channel free Force choke, leap to you (snares), toss you back, leap to you again. That takes someone out far longer than Operatives and Smugglers 1.5 second knock down.

Sage/Sorc which have 10% melee and ranged defense, twice the amount as everyone else in the game. Has an AOE CC (with talent), Charge, can dodge attacks and CC attempts because of their 10% defenses, knockback (with snare), pull, best AOE heal in the game, best bubble in the game, great heals, attacks bypass defenses of everyone, CC's have 30m range.

Operatives/Smuggles. No free gap closers, vanish isn't reliable and on a long cooldown, no knockback, the burst damage they had was nerfed. Their three CC's are limited to 10m. Easily kited.

If a melee Operative/Smuggler is killing you *shrug*
"When faced with a choice between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
Mae West

Diopter
03.06.2012 , 04:14 PM | #112
I, a scoundrel, welcome a nerf! Embrace the nerf bat as it swings round and round!
Diopter
SWG:Shadowfire - SWTOR:The Bastion
Forever Smuggling

InfamousXIII
03.06.2012 , 04:39 PM | #113
When i play my sniper in warzones i hate it when ops/scoundrels appear on me and start putting sharp stuff into me...that being said i never really felt they were op. Just that they are played a certain way that happens to counter my sniper sitting in one place with his obvious come stab me sign (bright bubbly shield with flashing lights that say "im right here! come kill me!").

Also to point out that scoundrel is the least played class in the game, by a fair margin...im thinking inquisitors would see a nerf long before scoundrels just because of the outstanding number of them.

MrRayen
03.06.2012 , 06:32 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by chakkar View Post
for a whole 12 sec with a 2 min cd. yeah its really useful...
This maybe will sound strange but that ability alone is most OP ability(or top 3) in game especially when combined with full white bar.

Vandewater
03.06.2012 , 07:00 PM | #115
I have a feeling most of the people who demands nerfs either haven't actually played pvp but watched pre-10-49 Bracket Vids on youtube of people melting face or they suck at the game. It can really only be one of those two especially in regards to Operatives/Scoundrels.

Recon_Grim
03.06.2012 , 10:16 PM | #116
lol.

Sure, while you're at it why don't you put us in light armor too? The fact that we're useful at all is ridiculous. Nah, how about you put us in no armor? Then you can make it so that all of our abilities insta-suicide and give a free kill and valor level to everyone in the warzone.

tl;dr Some merc healer got killed by a skilled operative somehow and is mad. Embrace the nerf.

P.S.- use your knockbacks and shield. We're stupid easy to kite. Get a friend to throw a DoT on us before we vanish so that it's on cooldown for another 2 minutes. (because if you're going up against an operative 1v1 you're doing it wrong, or more likely the operative is doing it right)

Newsinz
03.06.2012 , 11:10 PM | #117
This thread is confusing.

CaptainInsano
03.07.2012 , 04:04 AM | #118
It's funny how Smugglers/Operatives are such a polarizing class. Top players seem to be of the consensus that they are they worst class in the game, while solo players think they need nerfs. It just goes to show how dangerous playing a stealth burst class is in an MMO. Regardless of the actual balance, you will be at the mercy of the casual player whining about being "stunlocked" or "I was about to kill him but he got away with stealth!"

azurefrog
03.07.2012 , 08:23 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by archifikoss View Post
dear bioware, nerf rock. Paper is fine. Sincerely, scissors.
qft..

Aeywyn
03.07.2012 , 04:17 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainInsano View Post
It's funny how Smugglers/Operatives are such a polarizing class. Top players seem to be of the consensus that they are they worst class in the game, while solo players think they need nerfs. It just goes to show how dangerous playing a stealth burst class is in an MMO. Regardless of the actual balance, you will be at the mercy of the casual player whining about being "stunlocked" or "I was about to kill him but he got away with stealth!"

Hmm strange, in my completely made up statistics 'top players' are of the consensus that smugglers are overpowered.

Guess made up statistics aren't what they used to be.

Regardless of the actual balance, games will always be at the mercy of biased players whining to protect their classes... one day people will learn that devs use actual game data when deciding whether to change class balance, not forums.