Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Noob crafting question.

TheSwamper
12.15.2011 , 03:27 PM | #1
I currently have on my companion the skills armstech, scavenging and investigation.

I've no problem with the latter two, but how do I actually craft anything with armstech?

Also, I've read about people reverse engineering stuff, can this be done with armstech as well?

I've found some specs from missions.

Amelaista
12.15.2011 , 03:44 PM | #2
You craft the same way that you do mission skills, hit N or open your Companion window with the button. You should see your three skills at the top of this window.
Click on your crafting skill button and it should open your actual crafting window.

This will have the patterns you know and will tell you the mats needed and the time it will take to craft.

Reverse engineering is mostly done with items that you have crafted. Once you make something, go to your bags and there should be a button on the top right area of it. it is a toggle button that will grey out any non RE able items and leave the items you can RE as bright. click the items to RE them and receive back some of the mats you used to make them and you have a chance to discover a better version of that item. you can RE Blue items from Greens and Purple items from Blues. Green<Blue<Purple
Characters: Amelaista, Kandifir, Sasairu, Arissarle
Squadron 157 Dont forget the Pink Boots!

Zarakano
12.15.2011 , 03:46 PM | #3
When you open the Crew Skills window, Armortech should show up as an option beside your companions. Click it and a list of recipes will be displayed. There's an icon on your companion display to open the CS window.

You can reverse engineer the types of items that your crafting skill can make. For armortech, this means non-force armor. You'll get mats and the possibility of discovering a better grade version recipe of the item you RE'd.

Oh, and you don't need your mats in inventory. It will use them if they are in storage.

TheSwamper
12.15.2011 , 04:25 PM | #4
Thanks for the help!

pcloadletter
12.15.2011 , 04:28 PM | #5
Also, in case you don't know, be sure to talk to the Armstech trainer to learn new recipes as you level the skill.