Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how long it takes to 60 valor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
how long it takes to 60 valor

Sliptallica
02.09.2012 , 12:49 PM | #1
I am 28 valor now at lvl 41. just curious about how long it takes to get to 60 valor. I pvp pretty much all the time now its all i do
Love will destroy you. hate will destroy u. everything will destroy u. unless ur a jawa

tsupra
02.09.2012 , 12:52 PM | #2
Depends on how much you playing!till 50 is fast paced then it slows down progressivelly!50-60 i would say a week (along with illum)without risking epilepsy

Ravaran
02.09.2012 , 12:55 PM | #3
You would have to grind many hours a day to get 50-60 in one week. I'd say around two weeks.

ForceWelder
02.09.2012 , 01:03 PM | #4
As someone who recently did just that, I can give you some ideas. But the reality of the situation is that there are a number of factors that can come into play.

1. How many warzones you win.
2. Whether you PVP on Ilum.
3. Which faction you play (for Ilum PVP).
4. Which class you play (melee takes longer than range)

The realistic answer is that if you push it, you can go from 50 - 60 in 9 - 15 days.

I did it myself and this is not a road for the casual player to try to travel.

You will get $%#$ off every time you lose a match. You will be increasing frustrated with a lack of PVP on Ilum. You will be doing absolutely nothing in game but PVP. And you will need to expect to play longer than normal to meet your goals.

You can expect the following things to happen if you push hard to reach level 60 ...

1. You will miss sleep.
2. You will be grumpy.
3. Your family is not going to be happy with you for a while.
4. Your language will change to include words even a sailor wouldn't utter.

Your last two levels (59 / 60) will equal to about 96k valor combined and with an average of 1k valor / warzone, you can do the math and figure out how long it can take you to reach that point. Just running warzones, that is a number of matches that is equal to a punishment in hell - and by the end will even feel like it.

If you are lucky and your faction controls Ilum, you can get 200 valor / kill, but I don't know how this has been impacted with the latest patch on Feb 9th.

Note: Until you hit 50, your valor can never exceed your level. So if you are level 41, the highest your valor can be is also 41. Any additional valor you receive will be permanently lost until you gain an additional level.
A member of Squadrons 1020 & 367.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco

rgizzie
02.09.2012 , 01:05 PM | #5
I play about 7 hours a day and when I turn lvl 50 I think I was at valor 38. I turned 50 three weeks and two days ago and I am at valor lvl 55. But I only do warzones and don't do anything on Ilum because of how horrible it is.

Once you hit the valor lvl 50's it is really slow because the xp level get ridiculously high. I think I have to get 26K valor for my next lvl increase.

Beelzebubs
02.09.2012 , 01:07 PM | #6
Just do what all most of my server are doing and do Ilum killtrading. Still pissed at the people that do it.
Solo Queue Battlemaster Beelzebubs Starshadow - Space Slug.
How I'd fix Ilum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=237120

The difference between a fresh 50 and a Battlemaster is not all gear, it's experience.

gtdead
02.09.2012 , 01:08 PM | #7
By the time you are rank 51 and if you play till you can't play anymore, it will take about 6-7 days depending on how many you win. Ilum is a bonus really, I didnt do any ilum on my champion to battlemaster grind cause I didnt need any more gear. If you really want to rush it you should aim at 35-40k valor per day. It's kinda difficult but not impossible. If I could do it as marauder, then anyone can really.
Belphegor - Lord Calypho
Battlemaster Marauder

Operative in the makings.

Varcan
02.09.2012 , 01:12 PM | #8
Catch Ilum on a Tuesday on a good server, and that's valor 55-60 right there in 4-5hrs.

I've seen it done...

And they weren't kill trading, it was legit.

Jung Ma Server

Xallionn
02.09.2012 , 01:12 PM | #9
I dinged 50 last Saturday with capped valor. As of last night (Wednesday), I was at valor 55 3/4. I'm a sorc healer and do not do Ilum because I just can't stand it yet. Too many issues there. I play quite a bit (~7 hours) when I get home from work and the vast majority of the time I'm running warzones.

ForceWelder
02.09.2012 , 01:23 PM | #10
I was already at 59 1/4 level when I woke up one Saturday morning and decided I wasn't going to quit playing until a dinged 60.

Ten hours later I did just that.

I was so tired, exhausted, and ticked off at all the warzone losses I almost unsubbed.

But I took a break, went to the fleet and picked up my battlemaster bags for my dailies and weeklies.

I popped 5 bags total (already had one in my possession) and what did I get as a reward ...

A bunch of worthless champion commendations.

I almost unsubbed again.

I mean seriously, with the latest changes the last thing anybody needs by 60 is more champion commendations.

And on a final note, every bag I have popped since hitting 60 has had nothing in them but champion commendations.
A member of Squadrons 1020 & 367.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco