Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP - Imbalanced.

FingerThief
02.09.2012 , 12:27 PM | #1
Ok ... I have to admit that I am getting fed up with PvP in general, warzones for certain.

I am already in the 50 bracket and honestly, as Republic Commando, I am about fed up with getting rolled over by groups of Soccs every single time.

Yes, this is a huge rant.

Me, and many others I have spoke to, are fed up with BioWare adjusting Imperial side without end, every single bloddy patch and making them more and more powerful.

They were overpowered from the start and by now all are in BM gear and us that did have a life and could not level to 50 within a week or two of launch are hopelessly screwed.

It takes me Mon to Fri, 3h to 6h each day to win my weekly warzone and if I am lucky I get my daily before the forehead crashes onto the keyboard from exhaustion.

BioWare, take a look at the PvP balance. You proud yourself with ingame metrics tools ... USE THEM.

What you will see you will not like.

FT

Pint
02.09.2012 , 12:31 PM | #2
/agree

Alundo
02.09.2012 , 12:31 PM | #3
I just decided to drop my Republic characters like a sack of bricks. Time to start again!

Ituhata
02.09.2012 , 12:33 PM | #4
Cows go "Moo!", dogs go "Woof!", MMO players go "The PvP is unbalanced!"

FingerThief
02.09.2012 , 12:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ituhata View Post
Cows go "Moo!", dogs go "Woof", MMO players go "The pvp is unbalanced!"
No ... that's not the case.

If I would be able to do something, some way of having the same chances, I would not whine/rant.

A BM Socc averages 300k with peaks of 500k damage ( that does not incl heals ) per round.

I, almost complete champion geared, when up against a pre-made group with there being 4 or more of them ( 4-6 Soccs is avg per round ) range anywhere from 70k to a max of 240k damage per round.

That, if math does not do me wrong is MORE than double the damage output ... and that imho is wrong.

There are wz games where it's 8v8 and the first 8 in healing and/or damage out are always Imperials.

If that does not scream "imbalanced" then I do not know what does.

FT

mangarrage
02.09.2012 , 12:41 PM | #6
As a point of note I play a Jedi Sage

I honestly see no advanatge at all except Huttball for a sorc/sage
bubble, speed, and pull (on a long cooldown)

and some commandos/bh have both a bubble (alot longer cooldown) and a pull

Huttball is horrible due to the abilities of all four of these classes

I, as a sage have more issues with a BH then I do a sorc, even though they have an ability than stuns where my counter spell doesnt

I dont think BW can really do anything about Sorc being the most popular overall class

What they need to do, which they wont is eliminate the ability for a group to que together and they need to not start any match where there is a man advantage either way

Even 7 v 8 which I see a ton of as a republic you have a horrible disadvantage in any of the 3 pvp zones

Venrale
02.09.2012 , 12:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Alundo View Post
I just decided to drop my Republic characters like a sack of bricks. Time to start again!
congrats on contributing to the problem

DariuszPol
02.09.2012 , 12:44 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ituhata View Post
Cows go "Moo!", dogs go "Woof!", MMO players go "The PvP is unbalanced!"
It is. During my playtime I owned consular, knight and trooper using Bounty Hunter DPS. Funny part with the consular. He was using some poor tank. So I send him all that I had until he start healing.
What happened ? I was still sending rockets on his *** while he was doing NOTHING, just healing and Mako heal me to 100% while he was healing. I killed his Tank quite fast (poor gear ?).
And was simple - I was dealing damage using standard attack, he was healing and when he was out of mana I just send him everything I got again and put his life to end.

Anyway - I owned every republic I found. Also republic stay in their fort while we were conquering Ilum.

Class imbalance is in our favor (simple stuff like cooldown on some skills).
Population imbalance is in our favor (5:1 on some servers)
PVP focused players are in our favor (most PVP people I known from other games was playing Imps)

And each day that Imbalance grow stronger since Reps just reroll as Imps :-] Glory to the empire.
REMEMBER: People in PVP don't hate you. They just want you dead :-)
Stun Wars: Just Stun Republic

Venrale
02.09.2012 , 12:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by FingerThief View Post
Ok ... I have to admit that I am getting fed up with PvP in general, warzones for certain.

I am already in the 50 bracket and honestly, as Republic Commando, I am about fed up with getting rolled over by groups of Soccs every single time.

Yes, this is a huge rant.

Me, and many others I have spoke to, are fed up with BioWare adjusting Imperial side without end, every single bloddy patch and making them more and more powerful.

They were overpowered from the start and by now all are in BM gear and us that did have a life and could not level to 50 within a week or two of launch are hopelessly screwed.

It takes me Mon to Fri, 3h to 6h each day to win my weekly warzone and if I am lucky I get my daily before the forehead crashes onto the keyboard from exhaustion.

BioWare, take a look at the PvP balance. You proud yourself with ingame metrics tools ... USE THEM.

What you will see you will not like.

FT
so because a WEEKLY let me rephrase this WEEKLY takes you a week to do its BWs fault??? the imbalance is more due to the fact that no one ever heals on repub side and that group of sorcs ur talkin about has 2 freakn healers and 2 dps while your standing at your door with 4-6 dps and no heals 90% of the time, the imbalance is Republics own fault for not having enough ppl wiling to heal because everyone wants the big dmg numbers and 9 or more medals. good example I was in a voidstar and a sage let a bunch of ppl run behind him cz he was so concerned with doing dps to the guy I was keeping busy(i play a vanguard so i can hold somone for awhile) when I called the sage out he was like im fn healing its not my fault but at the end of the wz he had 153k in heals and how much did the imps healers have?? 300-400k in heals the only healer on our side that came close was our guildmate who was in our premade and had 300k heals and over 100k dmg .

FingerThief
02.09.2012 , 01:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Venrale View Post
so because a WEEKLY let me rephrase this WEEKLY takes you a week to do its BWs fault???
No it's not their fault. The fault lies with BioWare.

For the weekly ( 9 wins ) it takes me a week, yes.
It's meant to be a repeatable weekly not that is supposed to take a WEEK to complete it.
I think you misunderstood the game mechanic there, quite properly also.

Because the guy that ( a Socc ) that was in EVERY wz today ( 13 so far ) could have it completed already almost twice. Why ? He's 13:0 against me, winning ... all the time.

As for the rest of the WoT.

Not every group is the same and you do get healers on the Republic side also. But ... wait ... you heal = 4 Soccs on you, 3 Lightning Strike and you are in the MedCenter ... and you cannot heal that.

Oh wait ... 1 Socc getting hit by 2 Commando's and a Smuggler and he just laughs, get's healed by the guy behind him ( what another Socc, impossible ) and once we're down and have no cd left they plug us off with <drumroll> Lightning Strike ...

Imbalanced, sorry ... I will continue to say that it is, because it is.