Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Loadscreens killed OPEN world PVP!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Loadscreens killed OPEN world PVP!

Stilly's Avatar


Stilly
02.09.2012 , 12:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Razuko View Post
You're joking right? You're seriously kidding yourself if you think removing a 15 second walk and fade screen has any bearing on players avoiding Illum or not. I won't disagree that it's a minor inconvenience having to go through a space port but it's a verrrrry minor issue as it only adds another <30 seconds for the walk and additional extremely brief load screen. I doubt anyone else gives a rat's *** about the station walk when they are going to be spending an hour or more fighting for crates or trying to find/kill enemies/get the kills to actually count...


Getting rid of the ports would be nice, but will have ZERO effect on world pvp...
Really? Your buddy hops on vent telling you action on quesh! You are on Ilum. You going to get there before it subsides? You even willing to go knowing what a pain in the *** it it will be to get back?

World pvp can't exist in this game between the instanced planets and the spacing between faction zones. Ilum is all we have and organized aoe mixed with 3:1 pop imbalance is not pvp.

tsupra's Avatar


tsupra
02.09.2012 , 12:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by longgrassgrows View Post
....there are only 2 load screen, and the one to get to your ship should not take very long at all.
How about the loadscreen when i use /stuck!Hell that breaks world pvp for sure

Razuko's Avatar


Razuko
02.09.2012 , 12:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Stilly View Post
Really? Your buddy hops on vent telling you action on quesh! You are on Ilum. You going to get there before it subsides? You even willing to go knowing what a pain in the *** it it will be to get back?

World pvp can't exist in this game between the instanced planets and the spacing between faction zones. Ilum is all we have and organized aoe mixed with 3:1 pop imbalance is not pvp.

I would ask wth they are doing on Quesh to begin with and then go on about my business on Illum...
Die Republic Scum! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!

Hethroin's Avatar


Hethroin
02.09.2012 , 12:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Razuko View Post
I would ask wth they are doing on Quesh to begin with and then go on about my business on Illum...
Protecting the Datacron, I would imagine.
Corellian Run formerly Mind Trick
<White Talons>: Tigerwoods - Vanguard, Limbaugh - Sentinel
<Black Talons>: Ereldys - Assassin

belthazaar's Avatar


belthazaar
02.09.2012 , 12:49 PM | #15
I completely agree with the OP it. It takes at least 5 minutes of travel just from loading screens. Not to mention if your QT is down you got another 5-10 minutes of travel depending on where you and they are sitting on a taxi. The taxi part I understand, cool, makes sense, but to sit at a loading screen for 5 minutes just do I can get to a planet I want is a bit much.

One of my friends lvling up was being attacked by some reps after I was allready 50. By the I got there he had got ganked 5 times and they had camped him for a good 10-15 minutes. To be quite honest I wasnt expecting to get there and see any action.

We should have an option when clicking on our ship to load up the Galaxy Map or Enter the Ship so we can reduce the load screens at least taht way.

Sourceerror's Avatar


Sourceerror
02.09.2012 , 12:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by jaytrust View Post
Let me see to get to my ship and land on a planet to play the game, I have about 3-4 loadscreens before I even land on the planet I wanted to play on.


Erase the spaceports have us land right in the planet.

Why do I need to loadup a hallway to get onto the spaceport then load up again to get to the planet.

REmove it from spaceship to the planet. This would help with OPEN world pvp.

Before you say we need realism, this is a game, if I want to learn about real space travel I'll read up on it on NASA.com ...
I'm not sure you understand the purpose of a load screen. The only part of the entire trip from ship to planet that is actually a load screen is when you exit the ship. It is necessary to do this because you can't have all planets continuously loaded, hence loading the planet you are going to. It could be improved, but it's not going away. It also has no affect on world pvp you dunce.

jaytrust's Avatar


jaytrust
02.09.2012 , 01:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sourceerror View Post
I'm not sure you understand the purpose of a load screen. The only part of the entire trip from ship to planet that is actually a load screen is when you exit the ship. It is necessary to do this because you can't have all planets continuously loaded, hence loading the planet you are going to. It could be improved, but it's not going away. It also has no affect on world pvp you dunce.
I'm afraid you are the dunce, why do I need 3 load screens prior to loading up the planet.

If you read what I wrote you would understand that I just want one load screen from the ship to the planet.

NOT 3 pointless areas before then having to load up for no apparent reason but to make me walk.

Torn's Avatar


Torn
02.09.2012 , 01:55 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Razuko View Post
You're joking right? You're seriously kidding yourself if you think removing a 15 second walk and fade screen has any bearing on players avoiding Illum or not. I won't disagree that it's a minor inconvenience having to go through a space port but it's a verrrrry minor issue as it only adds another <30 seconds for the walk and additional extremely brief load screen. I doubt anyone else gives a rat's *** about the station walk when they are going to be spending an hour or more fighting for crates or trying to find/kill enemies/get the kills to actually count...


Getting rid of the ports would be nice, but will have ZERO effect on world pvp...
You are right it is annoying but not a big deal...what this has to do with world PvP is beyond me....

Ok so you are saying because you cannot say "Hey im getting ganked <here>" and then have people help...like in WoW...ok I guess I can see youre point in that - by the time anyone gets there they have long gone lol
" I see your is as big as mine "