Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do people give MVP to the worst player.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do people give MVP to the worst player.

Kryptorchid
02.09.2012 , 08:48 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by VertisReaper View Post
Why do people give MVP votes to the worst player in the game?

I usually end the game with top protection, top damage, and top objective but you know who gets the most mvp votes? The person with the lowest damage, healing, etc etc.

Do people purposely sort by stat and vote for the lowest rated player on the team? Why do they do this? It's not just one game, this happens almost all the time on my server.
Because, usually the person with the lowest scores on Alderaan was defending a side node that never got attacked, and didn't selfishly leave the node because they weren't getting any action.

A lot of the times, the person not scoring well on the scoreboard is single-handedly DoTing people up and keeping them from capping while you chase that low-health player 500 feet away from the doors to get your Solo Kill medal and completely ignore whatever else is going on in the game.

You also don't get many points for stealthing to the endzone in Huttball and make yourself availible to passes from the pit, and as a result you score all 6 goals.

If you vote MVP based 100% on the scoreboard, you are a horribly unobservant person.

VertisReaper
02.09.2012 , 08:48 AM | #22
Top healer now usually means some dude sitting in a corner spamming shockfrozen water every 10 seconds. This is the turd you guys are voting as MVP.

Anthiel
02.09.2012 , 08:50 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Calaaj View Post
Yes let us reward someone for being the top in EVERYTHING....the medal system is so messed up you should have a min of 8 if your the beast you claim.

With that said, why would you give MORE rewards to someone when there are other people who didn't receive as much? The goal is to get your TEAM in gear as well as you, so that your TEAM has a chance to win.

So I say keep voting the low medal count players, they could use it more than you
this only works if you play with same team all the time but most people dont so you get what you get and if they consistantly come in last on the board they no they didnt need it their gonna be a albatross to the team naked or in full bm gear.

Uuhwee
02.09.2012 , 08:51 AM | #24
Tbh who cares about mvps?

Callo
02.09.2012 , 08:51 AM | #25
I either vote for a guild mate, or the worst player on the team. That's if I even remember to vote. I usually just farm for medals anyways or search for the fat kids. Even then I'm still working actively to help my team win the match.
(▓▓c▓▓o▓▓o▓▓k▓▓i▓▓e▓▓s▓▓▓▓║Σ║╪╟████████╫╢
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Dorkfrey
02.09.2012 , 08:51 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by VertisReaper View Post
Why do people give MVP votes to the worst player in the game?

I usually end the game with top protection, top damage, and top objective but you know who gets the most mvp votes? The person with the lowest damage, healing, etc etc.

Do people purposely sort by stat and vote for the lowest rated player on the team? Why do they do this? It's not just one game, this happens almost all the time on my server.
Because when I go capping at Voidstar, I don't tend to do damage, protection, healing, killing etc.

I'm helping my team win. Means I've got half as much time to get "medals" in the defense phase, and if I end up solo guarding the "ninja" door... then I'm less likely to get lots of medals.

Because if my turret isn't being attacked, I don't leave it alone to go farming medals for my ego to post screenshots on the forums. I want the victory, not the knowledge that some guy decided to cap it while I wasn't there.

If I'm playing Huttball, I don't start Death Matching to get medals, I try and help score - be that by passing to folk, knocking people off the high ledges to gain the high ground advantage, etc.

That means I'm not farming for medals. Means I'm helping my team - making me, guess what, what does MVP mean? Most Voted Player... usually the person who does the "most" useful things in a match.

To use a Football (Soccer for you Americans) analogy - the MVP is almost never awarded to Strikers (who get all the glory), it's usually to a Mid-fielder or defender (or Goalie who's had an exceptional game). It's the guy who helped the team win most, not who had the most personal glory. Because you Sunshine, are a dime a dozen.

Orangerascal
02.09.2012 , 08:52 AM | #27
The fact that you even care about MVP's speaks volumes.
Lace - Sage / Fleet - Scoundrel / Vaine - Guardian - www.jedilace.com
<Sphinx> - Tomb of the Freedon Nadd

FeeFiFoFum
02.09.2012 , 08:52 AM | #28
I only give my votes to other SW and they are usually the worst. Who else should i give it to? one of the other 7 sorcerers on the team? The assassin afking? The merc tracer missile spamming? The powertech only getting a kill from pulling people into fire and never using guard/taunt? etc. SW's need the voted because they need the gear and the minor ego boost.

Elboc
02.09.2012 , 08:52 AM | #29
honestly, these days I rush to give MVP because people leave so fast you cant give them MVP so if you dont click one soon you might as well just not give one. I think you should be required to click one before you can leave but thats just me, many people will disagree.
Jt - Level 55 Mercenary - Rank 75 Valor
"Agent" Smth - Level 50 Sniper - Valor Rank 97
***The Untold Legacy*** The Bastion Server -"Founder"

Ruuprect
02.09.2012 , 08:54 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by lendaugy View Post
ive seen folks pull 300k healing and not get a single medal....
LOL, ive pulled 800k+ healing and not got 1

2 matches alast night - 3 medals in each - 500k+ healing in each - we won because of my healing in each - 0 MVP votes for me.

Top damage got it every time, for like 150k damage.

MVP is ****ed