Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

hit 50 yesterday and im full epic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
hit 50 yesterday and im full epic

Darth-Rammstein
02.09.2012 , 02:09 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Holyswords View Post
So with the 6 bags i had from 1000/1000, plus both dailies and weekly, and 2 bags from the points i got from wz doing them, i got 9 centurions items, my mh champion, and i got lucky with a trinket token in 1 of the bag.

So with the bag change it s not hard at all to gear up, ppl can stop crying
yeah, I did that pre patch...you know what I got? not a single item at all...and only 3 coms per bag netting me 0 gear....so yeah, I think we had a reason to whine before u nub.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

dcgregorya
02.09.2012 , 02:11 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Abiza View Post
They will still cry as they get rolled because gear was never the issue.
Oh come on. I went from 75k warzone damage to 300k warzone damage consistently with a set of mixed champ and centurion gear. Clearly 8% expertise PVP damage redux and damage boost and another 40% hp and damage from the stat gains is trivial .

SWTOR PVP is first and foremost a gear check.

To the OP, the system as is now is fine/better. Mix columi, PVE daily and PVP gear with the goal of getting first to max purple gear and then swapping out centurion with columi/champion gear (and tionese gear for companions, tee hee). You should at the very least close the expertise gap in the first week and the majority of the stat gap within 1-2 weeks compared to before where you might get 1-2 pieces of centurion gear per week if your drop luck was bad.

Holyswords
02.09.2012 , 02:12 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
yeah, I did that pre patch...you know what I got? not a single item at all...and only 3 coms per bag netting me 0 gear....so yeah, I think we had a reason to whine before u nub.
Good thing im talking about pre patch here... ohh wait im not.

Lushbits
02.09.2012 , 02:12 AM | #14
my mh champion
Lucky sob

Calihad
02.09.2012 , 02:14 AM | #15
So with the 6 bags i had from 1000/1000, plus both dailies and weekly, and 2 bags from the points i got from wz doing them, i got 9 centurions items, my mh champion, and i got lucky with a trinket token in 1 of the bag.

So with the bag change it s not hard at all to gear up, ppl can stop crying
So you got some cent and champ? That won't do anything against the guys at the top of the gear chain anyways. Once you hit bm it comes alot slower, luckily you can get to bm in a couple days of kill trading now, but you will still get rolled by bm's. And the crying will continue...and the casuals will win and get free bm gear easymode. And in a year from now, you can buy a full set in the swtor ingame store for 10 bucks. Yay!

FarizAA
02.09.2012 , 02:17 AM | #16
It is a good change. Really. Nice done BW. I remember when I hit 50, it was much harder to get anything, and much more frustrating. Now it is less luck depending process, than before. When win bug is fixed finally, getting decent gear will be a question of two weeks even for casual players, which is fine. PVP shall be skill based, not gear based, as much as it only possible in MMO. Leveling field is a good thing.
no signature

Calihad
02.09.2012 , 02:17 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
Oh come on. I went from 75k warzone damage to 300k warzone damage consistently with a set of mixed champ and centurion gear. Clearly 8% expertise PVP damage redux and damage boost and another 40% hp and damage from the stat gains is trivial .

SWTOR PVP is first and foremost a gear check.

To the OP, the system as is now is fine/better. Mix columi, PVE daily and PVP gear with the goal of getting first to max purple gear and then swapping out centurion with columi/champion gear (and tionese gear for companions, tee hee). You should at the very least close the expertise gap in the first week and the majority of the stat gap within 1-2 weeks compared to before where you might get 1-2 pieces of centurion gear per week if your drop luck was bad.
It may be a gear check, but expertise is no so much the issue, guys in columni/rakata can easily get 300k aswell. Stat check maybe, man up and get the gear like the rest of the gaming world imho though (directed to general whiney ***'s). Easymode just gets dull.

dcgregorya
02.09.2012 , 02:23 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Calihad View Post
That won't do anything against the guys at the top of the gear chain anyways.
I kill full BMs all the time in mixed champ/centurion.

Difference between BM chest piece for me and champion chest piece is :

7 cunning, 6 endurance, 4 expertise, -44 power, +48 crit chance, 3 accuracy.

Difference between that BM chest piece and level 50 mod'd chest piece is:

19c, 50 expertise (about 1.3% dam/DR), -42 power, +48 crit, +13 accuracy.

You're talking a 5% difference compared to a 30%+ difference.

Holyswords
02.09.2012 , 02:29 AM | #19
ya there not a big difference between champion and bm gear

Abiza
02.09.2012 , 02:55 AM | #20
Told ya.
"At the end of the day everyone has to die, you should be honored the assassin chose you to die."

>>>It's not me! It's you! A guide to SWTOR PVP<<<