Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The clock is ticking on ilum.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The clock is ticking on ilum.

Grubfist
02.08.2012 , 08:11 PM | #11
Ilum's just fine on my server. Lots of fights, no trading. Switches control quite often.

Wraithwarr
02.08.2012 , 08:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
Good to hear, there is some servers having a blast at Illum. Here is something to remember everyone, Illum won't be the only planet forever at level 50, you could bet that more planets and more open world pvp is coming soon.

When that happens your going to see alot of happy campers.

Then again people will still be unhappy for some reason lol. :P
So true. There are so many places they could go as far as new planets/mechanics. PvP space combat perhaps?
Ristat Delekhan - Juggernaut for life
Risnik Delekhan - Mercenary
insert witty referral code joke/offer here http://www.swtor.com/r/4rD8X7

Caeliux
02.08.2012 , 08:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraithwarr View Post
So true. There are so many places they could go as far as new planets/mechanics. PvP space combat perhaps?
Space PvP would be alot of fun.

Wraithwarr
02.08.2012 , 08:12 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Grubfist View Post
Ilum's just fine on my server. Lots of fights, no trading. Switches control quite often.
It's good to hear that some servers have a challenging and exciting ilum experience, I have seen shades of that on my own. Hopefully they keep shifting populations in mind when they roll out the new content.

nschlan
02.08.2012 , 08:13 PM | #15
The meaning is not so much, "If you dont fix Ilum the clock will run out and there will be some sort of calamity". More like "If there are not some balancing issues addressed soon, the reputation of open pvp in the game could be irreparably damaged". The game is going to be around a long time, I know we would all like to to have more world pvp implemented in a timely manner.
Ah so you can tell the future? You know for sure the game is going to be around a long time, even with the history of their PvP devs? Interesting.

Wraithwarr
02.08.2012 , 08:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
Space PvP would be alot of fun.
And ship upgrade crafting could even be a lucrative market! Awesome possibilities there. Now if they would only through armstech a bone

Wraithwarr
02.08.2012 , 08:17 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by nschlan View Post
Ah so you can tell the future? You know for sure the game is going to be around a long time, even with the history of their PvP devs? Interesting.
There are still thriving communities for Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, and Warhammer Online. Just because a game is not in the spotlight anymore, so to speak, does not mean its "dead". That term means too many things to too many people. I went back to Warhammer a few times before launch and the community is doing fairly well. The point I was trying to get across was, many of the changes made to Warhammer came after a large portion of the community moved on to something else. There will always be a decent amount of folks willing to pay $15 a month to play the game. Many other MMOs deemed failures by negative people are self sufficient years later.

Caeliux
02.08.2012 , 08:17 PM | #18
And ship upgrade crafting could even be a lucrative market! Awesome possibilities there. Now if they would only through armstech a bone
Indeed atm, that would be a wonderful suggestion to put in to Bioware.

Draeb
02.08.2012 , 08:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Gregory-IRL-Bria View Post
I love threads that are titled in some kind of threat of impending doom if they dont act immediately.

What's sad is that it's been said over a million times in nearly all MMO's. Probably the worst case was SWG but even then that game went on for 7 years!

Wraithwarr
02.08.2012 , 08:21 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Draeb View Post
What's sad is that it's been said over a million times in nearly all MMO's. Probably the worst case was SWG but even then that game went on for 7 years!
There are still a bunch of pre-NGE private servers running to this day!