Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Left Handed Gamers Unite!

Pattypuppet
02.08.2012 , 11:28 AM | #11
I just make do with mouse in left hand and wasd for the right. I've messed around with putting the mouse in my right hand as I have had to use the right for various tasks over the years out of necessity, but it just felt very awkward and lacked precision.

I encourage any righties out there to switch to the left hand and see how that feels, lol.

mousestalker
02.08.2012 , 11:35 AM | #12
Does anyone else find this idea sinister?
May the mass x acceleration be with you.

strikeviperMKII
02.08.2012 , 11:37 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by dannomite View Post
Totally agree with this. Short of missing your right arm, there's no reason you can't quickly learn to use a mouse ambidextrously.
I don't think using the mouse would be the problem...its using the keyboard.

(righty here).

Nightingale
02.08.2012 , 11:37 AM | #14
I use the mouse with my right hand, am running a Saitek Cyborg Setup ( Mouse, Keyboard, Control Pad, so have all movement and some hotkeys bound to the control pad, by my left hand, mouse and targeting/primary attack for rage/force generation on the mouse, keyboard for typing etc etc etc.

works superfine

Gretha
02.08.2012 , 11:38 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pattypuppet View Post
I just make do with mouse in left hand and wasd for the right. I've messed around with putting the mouse in my right hand as I have had to use the right for various tasks over the years out of necessity, but it just felt very awkward and lacked precision.

I encourage any righties out there to switch to the left hand and see how that feels, lol.
precision isn't needed for MMOs
Developed the habit of playing over cross (mouse in the left hand while having it right of the keyboard thanks to a short cable) for playing ego-shooters,myself.

But an MMO?
where by default the mouse is just for camera turning
while you are required to play hotkey piono with your left?
There is just no way a single X-Wing could have blowen up the Deathstar.
It was in Insidejob by the Empire to have a reason for the invasion of Hoth.

HBninjaX
02.08.2012 , 12:18 PM | #16
l2box orthodox

Groooover
11.19.2013 , 06:15 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DigitalNikos View Post
How about:
Learn to use the mouse with your right hand? Im left handed - I write left handed, throw left handed, eat/drink left handed - the list goes on. When I use the computer however, I use it just like the vast majority of people. WASD/Keyboard using my left hand, and mouse in my right.

Ive never understood the need to switch this up for any reason aside from folks who have an actual physical disability. The only reason i can figure is that some left handers think/thought it would be "trendy" to complain and start using the mouse reversed when they first learned how to operate a computer and now they feel that all software should cater to them.

Im sorry - this just irks me (a minor pet peeve of mine). An analogy I'll use (pertaining to drivers in the US): This is like telling a car manufacturer that they need to allow you to drive from the passenger side of the vehicle so you can use your left hand to control the stick shift because you're unwilling to teach yourself how to use your right hand for that function like the rest of the populous.
Seriously?? Have you tried it? Put your mouse in your other hand and trying playing with it. It's like writing for me, there's no accuracy at all. As much as we would love to fit in with most people and be right handed for some of us it's difficult and no amount of training yourself will work, trust me i've tried!

AlexDougherty
11.19.2013 , 06:22 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DigitalNikos View Post
How about:
Learn to use the mouse with your right hand? Im left handed - I write left handed, throw left handed, eat/drink left handed - the list goes on. When I use the computer however, I use it just like the vast majority of people. WASD/Keyboard using my left hand, and mouse in my right.

Ive never understood the need to switch this up for any reason aside from folks who have an actual physical disability. The only reason i can figure is that some left handers think/thought it would be "trendy" to complain and start using the mouse reversed when they first learned how to operate a computer and now they feel that all software should cater to them.

Im sorry - this just irks me (a minor pet peeve of mine). An analogy I'll use (pertaining to drivers in the US): This is like telling a car manufacturer that they need to allow you to drive from the passenger side of the vehicle so you can use your left hand to control the stick shift because you're unwilling to teach yourself how to use your right hand for that function like the rest of the populous.
Sounds like your closer to ambidextrous than most people, I'm right-handed (sorry) and I would struggle using the computer with left-handed stuff, and I would say your extremely lucky to be able to do this.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

AlrikFassbauer
11.19.2013 , 07:32 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Pattypuppet View Post

I have done this a few times over the past years.

In fact, I'm a kind of "middle person", being able to do a few things with my left side and others with my right side.

Maybe I should try using the mouse with my left hand again. That'd be fun.
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

amaresch
11.20.2013 , 08:26 AM | #20
I've had to learn to be ambidextrous in the past due to an injury. It is tough when you need to apply skill, like throwing a ball correctly, writing, and now using computer hardware. But I can do it. I make a point to test my motor skills (albeit not frequently) to make sure I haven't 'unlearned' anything- but it is a lot like learning to ride a bike, you can always pick it up again. I agree, there would be a market for left-hand users, but you would be doing yourselves a favor in teaching yourself how to do things with your off-hand. Or, if you break your hand- you won't have a choice.
L'héritage S'Attarde
The Harbinger