Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For the Days of SWG

Xeox
02.02.2012 , 07:08 PM | #1
Days of looking for Datacron to hope to get your 1/4 then 1/6 then 1/8 professions to get you on way to jedi

Days of being a smuggler and feign dead under players feet who are afk aoe grinding when u have brough ackley up from the geno cave.

Days of force bowling rebels on Dant Imperial station seeing who could knock the most down.

Soling Nightsister Elder with concealment rifleman.

Krayt Dragon Hunts with friends.

Cononel rank Imperial Creature handler with 3 Bio-engineered Rancors and 2 AT-ST's

Taking player Bounty on rebel jedi and seeing them cry in tells to you cause you cost them a perma death or lose a skill box.

Standing in Theed Spaceport overt waiting for rebels to load in to start a mass war.

Loading into Theed Spaceport solo surrounded by 15 rebels and calling in for help.

PVP battle that spaned the planet

/botran .. lol

Exceptional Weapons that took a long time to random farm adn were truely exceptional

Too many fun times to list.

Soo disapointing this is not SWG2 and dont know why i hoped it was when i read forums adn realize its QQ's who say everything is to hard, too random, too long or they cannot beat XXXX that CU and NGE happened.

Holding out for hope of a pvp system and rare loot that is random but rewarding, Exceptional.

R.I.P pre 9 SWG

List some of your memories and of corse QQ's who couldnt figure out to make a /clearque macro to stop the 20 qued attacks to heal yourself.

/salute either way, was best time i ever had in a game.

MrTijger
02.02.2012 , 07:10 PM | #2
You'd think with all those players claiming SWG was the best thing since sliced bread that the game was actually a succes. Which it wasnt. How odd.

VLudovico
02.02.2012 , 07:10 PM | #3
Agreed, OP.

marshalleck
02.02.2012 , 07:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MrTijger View Post
You'd think with all those players claiming SWG was the best thing since sliced bread that the game was actually a succes. Which it wasnt. How odd.
It peaked at 400,000 subscribers (one of the biggest MMOs pre-WoW), give or take some, before starting to lose subs due to buginess/balance issues and WoW, then the CU/NGE hit and killed it in two broad strokes.

At any rate, go play SWGEMU, OP. It's coming along nicely.
Classless character progression // Deep crafting & harvesting // Fully customizable spells & skills // Living world with seasons, weather, dynamic day/night & wildlife ecology // >

Skoll
02.02.2012 , 07:13 PM | #5
Nostalgia is overrated.
Hi! I'm Darth Harrington of Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids Emporium and Moon Base. Due to a garbled subspace transmission, I am currently overstocked on all Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids, and I am passing the savings onto yoooou!

Xeox
02.02.2012 , 07:15 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by marshalleck View Post
It peaked at 400,000 subscribers, give or take some, before starting to lose subs due to buginess/balance issues and WoW, then the CU/NGE hit and killed it two broad strokes.

At any rate, go play SWGEMU, OP. It's coming along nicely.

The game was great, was the most played game at teh time, more players than EQ, WoW hit at a right time, when CU come out and NGE killed it.

Forgot the Dancers and muscians in cantinas to heal wounds and doc buffs in starports, specialy when you were tef'ed and tef'ed the doc which started a f'ed up tef war killing your friends.

A crafting system where all but super rare exceptional loot was entirely player made, player sliced, repaired by players and all mats were harvested by players.

You could play SWG without ever having to kill anything and still be important, still make insane creds, have fun and be part of a living economy.

Cryer's in SWG are like the bums on the street saying life is hard, they need a Money for food, offer them food they ***** cause they really want money for booze.

Want to play SWG emu but i scrapped my game disks when NGE came out so last i heard u needed them

Any links?

Derfmiolleh
02.02.2012 , 07:16 PM | #7
I remember the lag and the grinding. I remember standing in line for an hour waiting for a buff and wishing a game like SWtOR would come along.

marshalleck
02.02.2012 , 07:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeox View Post
The game was great, was the most played game at teh time, more players than EQ, WoW hit at a right time, when CU come out and NGE killed it.

Forgot the Dancers and muscians in cantinas to heal wounds and doc buffs in starports, specialy when you were tef'ed and tef'ed the doc which started a f'ed up tef war killing your friends.

Want to play SWG emu but i scrapped my game disks when NGE came out so last i heard u needed them

Any links?

Just google SWGEMU. Though you will need to legitimately acquire the game assets, too bad you tossed your discs. I bet you could ebay a new set for pocket change.

I just logged into SWGEMU yesterday after having not played it in a couple years, due to it still being a bit to under-developed for my tolerance levels. Much of it works now, though there is some flakiness. It satisfies my SWG fix, and more players are always welcome.
Classless character progression // Deep crafting & harvesting // Fully customizable spells & skills // Living world with seasons, weather, dynamic day/night & wildlife ecology // >

Xeox
02.02.2012 , 07:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Derfmiolleh View Post
I remember the lag and the grinding. I remember standing in line for an hour waiting for a buff and wishing a game like SWtOR would come along.
There was, Called WoW 7 years ago, funny how we side shifeted to this game and no one notices

Emeda
02.02.2012 , 07:22 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Derfmiolleh View Post
You could always take the VIP line.

You mean you stood in line for an hour? To me that must mean that you really wanted to play the game for some reason if you would stand in line for an hour just to get a buff to go kill stuff.