Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Rakata" stim is becoming equal to "Energized" stim

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
"Rakata" stim is becoming equal to "Energized" stim

Jaiyne
02.02.2012 , 07:37 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirialol View Post
i demand refund on money and time it too to level biochem and the alloys, so i can level another profession
lol...
**Saeya*Jaiyne*India*Syarae**

POTF

ZudetGambeous
02.02.2012 , 07:43 AM | #32
Wow what a bunch of babies...

I have to spend 300k on Biochem consumables a week... I think you guys will survive...

Plus they are REUSEABLE, that means you only have to make your rakata items ONCE then you have it FOREVER. In one week that saves you about 300k... plus you can always have the buffs up and always use the medpacks, not just for raiding.

That means in 1 month you will have saved 1.2million credits over non-biochem people...Trust me, you are still by far the most profitable profession, you don't even have to sell anything to make more money then most professions.
I tell you this: though neither he nor they yet know it, he is the greatest of all the Jedi. Jacen Solo is the living Jedi dream. Even without the Force, he is more dangerous than you can possibly imagine."

Choukyuudan
02.02.2012 , 07:44 AM | #33
I agree with the thread creator. If Bioware truly wants Biochem's perk to be reusable pots, then the reusable pots should provide buffs equal to the highest level pots non-biochemists can obtain at a given level. Otherwise, it isn't a perk. A perk is a benefit that you always want to use, not one that's situationally useful to you. In this case, the reusable pots are good when they don't really matter (farming, pvp, etc) but a penalty when they truly matter (progressing through the hardest content in the game). Through all levels, purple pots should be reusable versions of blue pots not green ones or, at endgame, Rakata should be reusable versions of Exotech rather than Energized. Doing so achieves Bioware's stated intent of Biochem being about cost-savings rather than increased power.
This is Billy-Bob, my bruncle. We have a VERY close family.

Proud owner of a Collector's Edition preorder key.

Tmbn
02.02.2012 , 07:44 AM | #34
Energized = 126 rating items
Exotech = 136 rating items
Rakata = 140 rating items

But then read this:

What the F*CK bioware? why the fck are u nerfing biochem if you arent nerfing all other professions? Our stims and adrenals take ALLOYS to make just like all other profession's Rakata items.

All the biochems spent money leveling the professions and farming hard modes for alloys like ALL OTHER CREW SKILLS. If ours get nerfed, why arent other crafting profession's "Rakata" BOP armors are staying 140 rating? Nerf those and make them 126 rating armors TOO then

Apparently bioware devs fail at simple math and cannot perceive that 126 =/= 140
http://www.idt.mdh.se/~icc/principia.gif

Please read what BW is saying.

Additionally, we've reduced the effectiveness of the BioChem exclusive Rakata Stimpacks to be equal to Energized stimpacks. Their intended benefit is the cost savings they provide over time, not an increase in power.

It will still be benefits with the Rakata stimpacks.

Also. You can now start selling more items since they are now not binding anymore.

Bionixx
02.02.2012 , 07:46 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Turbosith View Post
reusable?

Pretty sure that I, as a non-biochem, have to buy 20+ medpacs, 6 stims, 30 odd adrenals per week. Now, as biochem you could sell them to me, while you simply use your reusable ones and make a ton of credits.

OR

you could come onto the forums and av a little cry.
Can't really sell you anything while vendors have stims/medpacks in stock. Until that is changed, the Biochem market will stay dead. It costs us too much to make stuff to be able to compete with vendor prices.
Something, something, something, dark side.
Something, something, something, complete.

Choukyuudan
02.02.2012 , 07:50 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Tmbn View Post
Please read what BW is saying.

Additionally, we've reduced the effectiveness of the BioChem exclusive Rakata Stimpacks to be equal to Energized stimpacks. Their intended benefit is the cost savings they provide over time, not an increase in power.

It will still be benefits with the Rakata stimpacks.

Also. You can now start selling more items since they are now not binding anymore.
They only provide cost-savings if the Biochem actually uses them. For the content where adrenals and stims truly matter, Biochems won't because they're weaker than the Exotech ones. Thus, the Biochems will be using Exotechs the same as everyone else. While they aren't necessarily spending credits for the Exotechs, they are definitely spending time. I'm sure you're probably familiar with the false expression: "time is money"? I call it false because time is more valuable than money.

KiraKorpii
02.02.2012 , 08:00 AM | #37
Biochem is only worth having after you rolled armor/synth and artifice for crit'ed relics.
Those crew skills provide you also infinite +28 stat for each augmented slot. More to say they dont need having mentioned skill after craft.
Here comes biochem problem - everyone wants cheap stims, so they come back to it...
Solution is very simple - if you have augmented crafted item you need proper skill to keep it.
Voila - biochem stays with cheap infinite rakata stims only slightly better then ones anyone can use.
Other crafters stay with +56 constant boost in one of chosen stats.
Simple and fair.
edit:
Ok not all that fair - forgot about armstech - something needs to be done about it (maybe it should be able to add augments for offhand and mainhand weapon).

GengisKahn
02.02.2012 , 08:28 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by ZudetGambeous View Post
Wow what a bunch of babies...

I have to spend 300k on Biochem consumables a week... I think you guys will survive...

Plus they are REUSEABLE, that means you only have to make your rakata items ONCE then you have it FOREVER. In one week that saves you about 300k... plus you can always have the buffs up and always use the medpacks, not just for raiding.

That means in 1 month you will have saved 1.2million credits over non-biochem people...Trust me, you are still by far the most profitable profession, you don't even have to sell anything to make more money then most professions.
The point is, that if you want to have the best buff, you will still have to use the blue versions (not reusable) like non biochem, so you would actually save only the uses you do when you are soloing or farming content, which is very few.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't

Khadroth
02.02.2012 , 08:49 AM | #39
not to mention biochem is one of worst professions to make money with. artifice etc can make far more money crafting high level mods / enhancement and selling them.

i would never roll biochem on any of my PVE toon. Us biochems already made enough sacrifices by becoming poor. you want to nerf us more?
No they can't. All mods that artifice can make are inferior to ops drops, and many of the easily accessible daily reward mods. Artifice has no ops recipes either, they simply don't exist in game currently (hence the patch notes talking about actually adding something for them).

Regardless when you can make adrenals and sell it for 10-20k per you're not doing too bad. When you can just ignore making the product and sell the mats you gathered for 30-40k, you're still making that much more than the other guy. I honestly don't want to hear QQ from Biochemists when it comes to money. You might waste 100-200k to get your resuables, but once you make them, you now cease to incur any costs when it comes to raiding/pvp, unlike every non-biochemist who continues to pay eternally with the current setup.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Choukyuudan
02.02.2012 , 08:53 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Khadroth View Post
No they can't. All mods that artifice can make are inferior to ops drops, and many of the easily accessible daily reward mods. Artifice has no ops recipes either, they simply don't exist in game currently (hence the patch notes talking about actually adding something for them).

Regardless when you can make adrenals and sell it for 10-20k per you're not doing too bad. When you can just ignore making the product and sell the mats you gathered for 30-40k, you're still making that much more than the other guy. I honestly don't want to hear QQ from Biochemists when it comes to money. You might waste 100-200k to get your resuables, but once you make them, you now cease to incur any costs when it comes to raiding/pvp, unlike every non-biochemist who continues to pay eternally with the current setup.
I implore to read some of what I've already posted about the change. It counters what you stated. While what you stated holds true now, it won't hold true after the change. Any Biochem savings will result from self-crafting versus GTN buying.