Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunter Story: Review

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Bounty Hunter Story: Review

Legendoom
02.01.2012 , 10:26 PM | #1
So as of 43 minutes ago, I've finished the bounty hunter story. To be honest, I am very, very disappointed it didn't go longer! The story was superb, the companions were brilliant, the ship was meh at first, but it grew on me fast, and my voice was amazing. Here's my full review of the Bounty Hunter story, on the light side.

Act I:
Spoiler

Act II:
Spoiler

Act III:
Spoiler

All in all, a truly fabulous story. Act One was brilliant and engaging, Act Two built my character, and Act Three was a fantastical finale. I'm willing to say that if you want to play SWTOR, you MUST try the bounty hunter. It's a class of honor, respect, and you can have a moral compass like no other. Mine pointed straight north, the only time I ever made a cold-blooded kill was in Act III, at the very end, which Mako, strangely, approved of. I feel like I was really a part of the story, and I'm disappointed that it's over. But next on my list is the Imperial Agent, and there'll be no ethical qualms there. Me and Kaliyo are going to take the galaxy by storm, even though we're flying under the radar.

Until next time, folks.
Just point me in the direction of the action - Rekthor Firescar, Grand Champion of the Great Hunt

s_w_sanders
02.02.2012 , 12:29 AM | #2
I'm still on Queesh in act 2 but i'm still enjoying the bounty hunter story and fighting more than my jedi knight alt. But then again i'm the opposite of you i'm a ruthless, sadistic, and quite possibly psychotic killer.

AgentJacen
02.13.2013 , 01:21 AM | #3
Bounty Hunter is the best storyline. Next, I'd recommend the Jedi Knight.
"Only I've been both Jedi and Sith, and found clarity in the force." -Revan

LordRahlik
02.13.2013 , 03:49 AM | #4
I liked Act 1 and most of act 2, but:

Spoiler
Societies in decline tend not to innovate. I just wish we had cellphones to report quests. Guess light speed tech and cell phone tech are mutually exclusive.
I know this image is supposed to be an insult, but it's not.
Two similar games and yet SW:ToR is so much better.

Willhousefour
02.14.2013 , 01:43 PM | #5
I couldn't disagree more. BH story is the worst of the 6 I've played and not better than the 7th I'm more than halfway through (trooper is the only story not played yet). Here's my counter critique:

Prelude and Act 1:

Spoiler

Act 2:

Spoiler

Act 3:

Spoiler

I guess overall, the BH was potrayed only as a mandelorian hitman and I don't feel that's entirely accurate. Further, the bounties are never adequately explained - simply go here and kill so&so. It would have been much better if each bounty had a back story.

On the plus side, the BH could easily thumb their nose at the Empire with no conflict of interest, I loved the gameplay (powertech pyro), and they do probably have the best VO.

psandak
02.14.2013 , 04:17 PM | #6
Honestly I fall somewhere between Legendoom and Willhousefour.

Act 1 -
Spoiler

Act 2 -
Spoiler

Act 3 -
Spoiler

Overall I liked the Bounty Hunter story.
Spoiler

Path-x
02.14.2013 , 04:46 PM | #7
With these storylines you really can not make an objective assessment. It mostly comes down to one's preference. For example I am an "Empire guy" so obviously I enjoyed IA, SW and SI by far the most. Even as kid, watching the Original Trilogy, I always preferred the Empire. I kinda dislike the Jedi and the Republic therefore I didn't enjoy JC, Trooper and JK that much. Especially I dislike the Trooper and its overall "Sir yes sir! For the Republic!" mentality. Makes me feel like some hardcore brainwashed USA "patriot" (no offence meant).

I think if someone likes the idea of BH and enjoyed Boba Fett character in the films he will probably find BH story line decent and enjoyable. I mean it is not as intriguing as IA storyline since obviously the class concept is completely different but I think it has all the elements to satisfy "BH kind of guys".
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Slowpokeking
02.14.2013 , 05:02 PM | #8
Bounty Hunter's stories on those planets got a lot of fun, but the overall arc, especially Chapter 2 and 3 are a bit weak. I will say 7.5/10.

DaveMallonee
02.14.2013 , 10:04 PM | #9
Just finished the BH story today and wanted to give my two cents. I felt like it did a really good job of capturing the feel of what my 9 year old self imagined a Boba Fett story would be like when I played with the mail order action figure as a kid. I went generally light side on my choices, played my BH as my idea of an honorable Mandalorian hunter, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

ThaBenMan
02.20.2013 , 08:03 PM | #10
I absolutely loved the BH story. Taking down the bounties on your rise to Grand Champion, and Tarro Blood along the way, was very satisfying. And the turns your situation takes after with the Black List, Jun Seros, the Republic, and Darth Tormen were really intriguing.
And the BH companions are the best - they remind me of the crew of Serenity from Firefly. They were like my family by the time I hit level 50. Leveling a BH is just fantastic.

... damn, I might just have to roll another one.