Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best thing about being a girl gamer!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help > Introductions
Best thing about being a girl gamer!

Cynomen
02.10.2012 , 10:43 AM | #21
There are plenty of ladies playing this game already and we will continue to grow in numbers.

Once you learn to ignore some of the narrow minded people out there, you will find that the game is totally what you make it. If you want to be the best, learn and earn your place. Hand outs will only get you so far and once you have everything, but don't know how to use it, many can see right through the fancy stuff.

It is a huge range of reactions when people know your female. In many cases it changes the way they interact with you, but it also weeds out those who have no respect.

To the world you might be just one person, but to one person you might be the world. \m/
Names: Cyyn, Ouija Guild: Obscurum Cado Server: Tarro Blood
Names: Cyyn, Ouijja Guild: AST Server: Port Nowhere

rakuenCallisto
02.10.2012 , 10:50 AM | #22
Hue girls and video games hue
[|||||||]

Erudain
02.10.2012 , 10:59 AM | #23
Every day there are more girls playing online.

My last MMO (Aion) had a huge fem population, my guild alone had like 10....and you know from vent they are girls, not G.I.R.L.s

CzaplaM
02.13.2012 , 02:36 PM | #24
Welcome, we all know how the boys drool over the girl gamers!
Things you wish you knew when starting SWTOR
Please feel free to add to it

Kungpaoshizi
02.29.2012 , 12:38 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CzaplaM View Post
Welcome, we all know how the boys drool over the girl gamers!
This is why I hate it when a girl identifies herself in a video game...
Once this happens all the guys completely lose their ability to play the freakin game and just talk with the girls...

Akaela
03.02.2012 , 12:58 AM | #26
Most guilds I have ever been are around 50% females to males. Going by statistics I saw a year ago, females are up around 48% of all gamers now.

I'm a girl, and obviously a gamer, and I don't even know what the fuss is. I haven't even had anyone so much as act slightly different around me because of it. I'm just another guildie to everyone I play with, or just another person in that one Warzone.

All the same, welcome!
♥~Tikal~♥

MMornard
03.08.2012 , 09:50 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sathla View Post
Now some say girl gamers are sissys, not good, or have horrible taste in games.. This is not true what so ever!
Hah! Been married to a gamer girl for 25 years and I'd never say something that stupid!

"Give a girl a chance to blow $*** up, and she will blow a LOT of $*** up!"

ConradLionhart
03.09.2012 , 03:09 AM | #28
I'm not sure why this warrants a thread. Gender, race or orientation really shouldn't matter in a video game, because it doesn't affect how skilled you are in a video game.

I find that females and gays tend to create these threads a lot, like somehow it's really important that people know you exist. Never seen a black person start a thread like this.

Glad you're enjoying the game, yes it is indeed a great game.

MMornard
03.09.2012 , 12:01 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
I'm not sure why this warrants a thread. Gender, race or orientation really shouldn't matter in a video game, because it doesn't affect how skilled you are in a video game.

I find that females and gays tend to create these threads a lot, like somehow it's really important that people know you exist. Never seen a black person start a thread like this.

Glad you're enjoying the game, yes it is indeed a great game.
If it doesn't warrant a thread, it certainly didn't warrant a reply.

Scarletflame
03.19.2012 , 08:43 AM | #30
I know it seems like something not worth mentioning, but if you are a female gamer you know why she brought it up. Strangely enough (and sadly enough) it is still an issue after all these years. There are some games I don't even bother letting it be known I'm female just to avoid the distraction that comes with it. "Hey, you're pretty good for a girl", "Well, look at her go!", so many silly things that would never be said to a guy. If it were a guy it would just be "nice shot, man" and move on. Like it's so surprising and such an accomplishment that a girl would be able to do it. It's stupid, but it still happens in just about every game I've ever played.
Just like a kitten. Small, sweet, cuddly ... with claws.