Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best thing about being a girl gamer!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help > Introductions
Best thing about being a girl gamer!

Jonathamus
02.10.2012 , 07:58 AM | #11
It's great to have girls in games! They are best RPers.
But i am a Hutt so... ***?!

Jishnu
02.10.2012 , 08:03 AM | #12
Okay. Now that your announcement is over.

Do you want your cookie now or later?

Crazyknight
02.10.2012 , 08:08 AM | #13
Thats really funny , happend to my friends once , we were talking at work about a game and this coworker came and join in on the conversation out of nowhere ( we were talking about Oblivion) dont remember her comment but all my friends stood there silent looking at her with a confuse face , needless to say it was priceless.
"For me Revan will always be that shadowy figure with no true form or substance, representative of nothing and everything at the same time. " -Drew Karpyshyn

carliiiiito
02.10.2012 , 08:20 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sathla View Post

Now some say girl gamers are sissys, not good, or have horrible taste in games.. This is not true what so ever!

just to help dimiss this notion that girl gamers are not good,i have a little something id like to add.My girlfriend is a guild master in a guild of 300+,shes prolly the best geared person in the entire guild,#1 dps in most boss fights,shes writing leveling guides and tips/tricks for all classes.simply amazing.Shes a better player than 90% of the male i ve ever played with.
Also to note ,if she plays my character,shes actually better than me,she beat my highest dps by almost 1k(yes in the other game)
so in conclusion...more female gamers please
peace is a lie ,there is only passion

Caspian_Rho
02.10.2012 , 08:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by carliiiiito View Post
shes prolly the best geared person in the entire guild,#1 dps in most boss fights
yea you can get anything when you flutter your eyes.... can just see a party chat

"guys we better let her win again, you know how she stomped the last time"
... the search continues for an actual Star Wars MMO - your stories are weak old man... not to mention races, bugs, quests, features, pvp and on and on and on

carliiiiito
02.10.2012 , 08:42 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Caspian_Rho View Post
yea you can get anything when you flutter your eyes.... can just see a party chat

"guys we better let her win again, you know how she stomped the last time"

actually she earned everything she has ,if u even try to help her base on the fact shes a girl,you get gkicked.Believe whatever you want ,ill continue playing with her and having a ton of fun.

ps: she was first dps way before anyone knew she was a girl
peace is a lie ,there is only passion

Tadshackles
02.10.2012 , 08:54 AM | #17
Cool Story Br... Er, Sis?
"The problem with internet quotes is that many are not genuine"
~Abraham Lincoln

Tankshoes
02.10.2012 , 09:34 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Sathla View Post
I was covering my friends break when a guy walks up with an N7 hat on.. I quickly ask him if he's excited for ME3. He stood there for a few seconds and blinked.

"You know what my hat is?!?" I stood there and grin.

Without answering his startled question I asked him if he was excited for multiplayer co-op, and his face started to turn even more red.
Probably because a girl is actually talking to him, not the fact that you're a gamer.

We live in a world where granddads play Battlefield and grandmas play WoW. My ex-gf and I used to play CounterStrike 1.5 together, and pretty much every guild I've been in has had at least 1 bf/gf or husband/wife couple in there. I can't understand why people would think this is 'abnormal'.

Raids/operations are way more enjoyable when someone in your party fails, and you hear his partner in the background calling him out!

Jedi_Barbie
02.10.2012 , 10:11 AM | #19
My guild-master deleted my account thinking I was a dude trying to be funny. I thought (and still think) that SithBarbie is funny. I don't care if you agree or not. If there are Lord Spongebob Squarepants running around, SithBarbie (my Empire Character) is just fine. he apologized when he heard me actually speaking (in Vent) and realized I was, in fact, a girl.

I'm usually the one who stops to help out another player, or throw a couple of heals at someone whose health is waning. It just feels like a "pay it forward" system to me.
The Glitter'sparkle Legacy

Sinemetu
02.10.2012 , 10:16 AM | #20
I'm a guy that routinely plays female toons, and it's funny the way people look at you differently. In WoW, I was leveling a mage and two guys grouped up with me for a harder quest. At one point they were off turning something in, so I just naturally started killing things. When they came back, there was a pile of corpses in my area, and they exclaimed, "Well, aren't you just a little killer?" Then they helped me finish the rest of the quests in the zone even though they didn't need them--all because they thought I was a girl.
Legion: Geth do not infiltrate.
C-Sec Customs: You should leave your personal synthetic assistant at home. They're not allowed on shuttles anymore.
Legion: Geth do not intentionally infiltrate.