Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Reverse Engineering

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Reverse Engineering

MasterRev
11.25.2012 , 01:28 PM | #421
i have about 6 advanced might armoring 26's and 7 advanced deft mod 26's. i have a a lowbie alt that i want to send these items to so i can re them and get the mats.i am not concerned with the schematics at this point. since my crafter is lower than the 400 level can i still re them to get the mats? thanks
╬╬╬╬█╡▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Hurrikane
GM - Aftermath. Shadowlands
www.aftermath-swtor.com

WillDad
12.10.2012 , 07:39 AM | #422
If someone already said this in the 150 pages of posts in these 2 threads, sorry. But it is now possible to RE items for customs. I have RE'd chanlon boots and greaves as a synth weaver and have discovered custom chanlon greaves and boots. They also can be critically crafted quite often.
Kodose 55 Assassin and Kodosk 55 Marauder

Sevron 48 Mercenary

XdameosX
12.11.2012 , 02:51 AM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by Cemellyn View Post
Reposting this since previous thread was closed.

Can components such as: Hilts, Color Crystals, Enhancements be Critically crafted?
What about Implants, Ear pieces & Relics?
Actually they can be critically crafted, you will get multiples if it is a critical craft.

IE: your making a stim pak, you will get a critical and instead of 1 you would get 2, it does not effect the quality in any way however.

XdameosX
12.11.2012 , 02:53 AM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterRev View Post
i have about 6 advanced might armoring 26's and 7 advanced deft mod 26's. i have a a lowbie alt that i want to send these items to so i can re them and get the mats.i am not concerned with the schematics at this point. since my crafter is lower than the 400 level can i still re them to get the mats? thanks
I believe you must be able to craft the item, to be able to RE it, so the answer is no, if it requires level 400 to craft it, it would require level 400 to RE it, unless it has changed since my old crafting days

Andar
03.06.2013 , 10:21 AM | #425
Great thread, has helped me countless times since launch. Re up for newer players!
Resilience / Po5
Hostile Takeover

Firebyrde
03.13.2013 , 07:10 PM | #426
I have Advanced volition enhancement 26 which I got off a pair of boots (Black Hole Force-Healers MK-3 Boots) from the worm WB on Ilum. I pulled it out, it said "No research available." Wasted another 11k putting it in another piece of gear, equipping it, and pulling the enhancement out from there. "No research available." So what's the trick?

Khevar
03.13.2013 , 08:38 PM | #427
Quote: Originally Posted by Firebyrde View Post
I have Advanced volition enhancement 26 which I got off a pair of boots (Black Hole Force-Healers MK-3 Boots) from the worm WB on Ilum. I pulled it out, it said "No research available." Wasted another 11k putting it in another piece of gear, equipping it, and pulling the enhancement out from there. "No research available." So what's the trick?
Is your Artifice at 400?

If it is, this sounds like a bug. I suggest opening a trouble ticket.

-Wes-
03.20.2013 , 05:48 PM | #428
While reading the guide and FAQ, I came across this one:
5. Can Custom items be critically crafted.
Pre-modded weapons can. No armor or empty Custom has been shown to be critically crafted, so it seems as if they cannot be. This may be a bug, or it may be intended. We don't know.

Has this changed since then? Assuming that "critically crafted" for custom armor means an orange item with an augment slot, I have done this a couple of times with synthweaver custom armor. I didn't think to note it specifically at the time, but those items were sold on the GTN within the last few weeks. I'm curious as to whether this changed or whether this is only possible with lower level customs. The ones I made were for level 11 characters.
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Treios
03.21.2013 , 12:38 PM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by -Wes- View Post
Has this changed since then?
I believe it has. In my experience, absolutely any item can be critically crafted, and all such custom gear gains an augment slot unrestricted by the grade of augment.

-Wes-
03.21.2013 , 06:33 PM | #430
Yes, you're right Treios. I was reading for a little while longer after posting that and found that it was mentioned several times in the not-so-distant past! I apologize for the repeat and appreciate the response.
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/