Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Guide] Reverse Engineering

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Blastoramaboy's Avatar


Blastoramaboy
04.12.2012 , 09:18 AM | #321
Any idea if we can RE Enhancement 24 now?
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Aphraell's Avatar


Aphraell
04.12.2012 , 10:12 AM | #322
I RE'd 4 Force Weilder Armoring 25... returned 8 Durasteell.



ouch lol

Jda_Gorath's Avatar


Jda_Gorath
04.12.2012 , 10:38 AM | #323
I'm pretty new to REing so if I sound foolish, please correct me.

I'm a Consular, and took up Armormech without knowing the linear vs prefix methods, and never really dabbled in REing until a few days ago.

As of 1.2, it would seem that even as a Jedi Shadow, I'm getting the prefix version of armor (which I cannot equip obviously).

I RE'ed a chest and got all 3 prefix. Redoubt, Crit, and (forget the 3rd atm).
I RE'd a few of the crit variations and have gotten a Leadership prefix and an Endowment prefix of the same chest.

Have they removed the 'Linear' way for each character class and simply given everyone the ability to have the prefix method?

If so omgyay.
|Fliry Vorru|
Jedi Shadow

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
04.12.2012 , 11:12 AM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by Aphraell View Post
I RE'd 4 Force Weilder Armoring 25... returned 8 Durasteell.



ouch lol
OMG... lol ? really ? i admire your stoicism... i would be crying beyond solace

Slaign's Avatar


Slaign
04.12.2012 , 04:24 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by Jda_Gorath View Post
I'm pretty new to REing so if I sound foolish, please correct me.

I'm a Consular, and took up Armormech without knowing the linear vs prefix methods, and never really dabbled in REing until a few days ago.

As of 1.2, it would seem that even as a Jedi Shadow, I'm getting the prefix version of armor (which I cannot equip obviously).

I RE'ed a chest and got all 3 prefix. Redoubt, Crit, and (forget the 3rd atm).
I RE'd a few of the crit variations and have gotten a Leadership prefix and an Endowment prefix of the same chest.

Have they removed the 'Linear' way for each character class and simply given everyone the ability to have the prefix method?

If so omgyay.
All items equippable directly to the wardrobe follow the Prefix path, only items such as stims and mods follow the linear path. This is the way it has always been.

Dawginole's Avatar


Dawginole
04.12.2012 , 08:44 PM | #326
So can I now RE any orange saber and return schematics for an augmented version?
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Changedling's Avatar


Changedling
04.12.2012 , 09:46 PM | #327
=b Good Guide.

Changedling's Avatar


Changedling
04.12.2012 , 09:49 PM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by Slaign View Post
All items equippable directly to the wardrobe follow the Prefix path, only items such as stims and mods follow the linear path. This is the way it has always been.
So im guessing the same for implants. Sweet.

assandir's Avatar


assandir
04.13.2012 , 07:20 AM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by Slaign View Post
To find out what you can Reverse Engineer, simply click the Reverse Engineer button, and it will highlight items it is possible to Reverse Engineer.

If you can discover schematics by Reverse Engineering an item, it's tooltip will show a note reading "Chance to Research a Schematic:" with a percentage chance of success. If no schematic is available for the item, it will say "No Research Available." These tooltips only appear while the Reverse Engineer button is pressed.
So what about items that show neither message? Rakata implants for example don't show any message at all about research in the tooltip. Is it safe to assume that schematics cant be learned from items without a message?

If so are there any new implants at all that can be learned with biochem now with 1.2?
Harmegiddo - Alles Hutten außer Mutti - Jar'Kai Sword

DK_Marcus's Avatar


DK_Marcus
04.13.2012 , 09:38 AM | #330
The return on RE is awfull - to say the least... I had the impression that this would change with patch 1.2. - but it does not seem that way. Still very bad return...

Does anyone have any information on this issue?

Thank you.