Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Reverse Engineering

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Reverse Engineering

donmoocao
02.12.2012 , 09:23 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by DenitharPurloin View Post
so, happy days...or not. I have now had 4 purple schematics "evolve" off of the blue critical schematic, and ALL OF THEM are leadership (which I obviously do not want). After about 100 blue crafts I am thinking I hit a "bug" and am tired of wasting resources.
Nope, just keep at it. I have that recipe for the exact item you have Fervor Ion-Charged Power Device. I was going for the crit/surge version as I've learned that there already is too much accuracy on smuggler/agent gear and in general surge is a more useful stat to obtain.

thatguybil
02.12.2012 , 10:41 AM | #122
Found conflicting info in this thread.

Just found my first world drop schematic for armstech. I learned the world drop schematic. Can I craft these, RE them and learn higher tiered schematics?

Do found crafting schematics work like trainer trained schematics?

PullinStuff
02.12.2012 , 07:51 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
No they can't. Even though BW said that it should possible and that you should get 2x item on a crit, in the live game this doesn't work.

Yes they can all crit, you will get an augment slot when they do.
Are you sure, I had a mystery hilt grinding up...

I had mats for 5 and I crafted 5 hilts, only med packs in the inventory and I had 6 hilts on the next log in....
Pullinstuff Saber of Exar Kun BH MERC (Formerly Pullin Stuff Naritus)

Aphraell
02.12.2012 , 07:51 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by thatguybil View Post
Found conflicting info in this thread.

Just found my first world drop schematic for armstech. I learned the world drop schematic. Can I craft these, RE them and learn higher tiered schematics?

Do found crafting schematics work like trainer trained schematics?
Depends, if its the vibroknife schematic(3 type of world drops). Vibroknives are bugged in any version and can't be RE'd. Also Scatterguns can't be RE'd

If its a Rifle/Cannon/Pistol/Vibrosword/Electrostaff then most definately it can be RE'd. I have them all and RE'd them all from woprld drops.

dapixelassassin
02.13.2012 , 04:23 AM | #125
Excellent resource...Thank you guys for taking the time to put this together.

It's 4 am here and Ive been up since 10 am yesterday so all the replies are running together. So the question I'm going to ask may have already been asked / answered.

Im a 50 lvl sent., artificer.
What Id like to know is, can I craft enhancements in non linear tree. I know I can craft, a green, blue, and purple fortitude 3 enhancement but can I get multiple schematics (different variations) for green and blue and purple for that fort 3 enhancement?

Slaign
02.13.2012 , 04:39 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by dapixelassassin View Post
Excellent resource...Thank you guys for taking the time to put this together.

It's 4 am here and Ive been up since 10 am yesterday so all the replies are running together. So the question I'm going to ask may have already been asked / answered.

Im a 50 lvl sent., artificer.
What Id like to know is, can I craft enhancements in non linear tree. I know I can craft, a green, blue, and purple fortitude 3 enhancement but can I get multiple schematics (different variations) for green and blue and purple for that fort 3 enhancement?
No, only equippable items (items you can put directly onto your character) follow the prefix path. Mods follow the linear path.

dapixelassassin
02.13.2012 , 05:57 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Slaign View Post
No, only equippable items (items you can put directly onto your character) follow the prefix path. Mods follow the linear path.
ok...well I was figuring that tey are equipable...you equip tham in your gear Lol.

Thank you the clarification helps

thatguybil
02.13.2012 , 07:20 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Aphraell View Post
Depends, if its the vibroknife schematic(3 type of world drops). Vibroknives are bugged in any version and can't be RE'd. Also Scatterguns can't be RE'd

If its a Rifle/Cannon/Pistol/Vibrosword/Electrostaff then most definately it can be RE'd. I have them all and RE'd them all from woprld drops.
Thanks for the clarification. If it stars out blue it can be re to purple 1 and then again purple 2

Glimmerstrike
02.13.2012 , 07:57 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by donmoocao View Post
I don't have the link atm, but BW has stated that RE (and crafting in general) isn't working as intended and have some changes posted in the near future. My guess is the March patch, but we shall see.
It was a dev response in the previous weeks' Q/A (not the current one) under community that did indeed confirm all of the above sans a date. The problem is particularly prevalent at higher levels. IIRC

I may be missing something but what happens when an equippable item starts as a blue item from the trainer or a schematic i.e. there never was a green item RE'ed to yield a
blue (redoubt.overkill/critical) learned schematic

IVAchillesVI
02.13.2012 , 09:19 AM | #130
I have been getting my artifice level up and I was making resolve hilt 15 and I can make blue ones. How do I become able to make pink ones? Do I have to reverse engineer the blue's to be able to craft the pink ones? (btw im color blind so when I say pink it might be purple lol)