Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So when we get to kill Satele Shan?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So when we get to kill Satele Shan?

thraxxousai
01.31.2012 , 03:14 PM | #21
Some people are just trolls and have no Idea what a Mary Sue is.
I count him braver who conquers his desires then him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is the victory over self.~~Aristotle

Cythereal
01.31.2012 , 03:30 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackLotus View Post
Hey leave Satele alone bad enough that Revan was decided to be male. Leave us the powerfull jedi Female figure in SW for once.
The Exile is female. Not your fault Lucas hates KOTOR2 - that fault lies with whoever decided to let the folks behind Planescape: Torment and Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer get a crack at Star Wars.
"That which furthers our purpose is authorized." - Imperial Intelligence, Field Operations Division motto

LukeDanger
01.31.2012 , 03:31 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
The Exile is female. Not your fault Lucas hates KOTOR2 - that fault lies with whoever decided to let the folks behind Planescape: Torment and Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer get a crack at Star Wars.
Even unfished, KOTOR II was probably once of the most nuanced Jedi-centric Star Wars games out there. I think that if they had been allowed to finish instead of rushing it out the door for Christmas, it'd of been even better.

Kayem
01.31.2012 , 03:31 PM | #24
Spoiler

No, i don't want to kill Revans descendant.

Nexxa
01.31.2012 , 05:17 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackLotus View Post
Just because she is powerfull or that she can hold her own against Darth Malgus doesn't make her a mary sue. Does she have to be kidnapped and need to be rescued every darn 5 minutes for her not to be considered a mary sue?

these days people threw words around like mary sue/gary stu around without even knowing their proper definitions.
She falls into the god-mode style Mary Sue classification for the following reasons: DBZ style blasts of force energy, danced through a dozen sith like they were red-shirts, and (let's not forget) she blocked a lightsaber with her hand. Who does that? In my experience watching the movies... when hand meets lightsaber hand loses. The hand loses badly. This reeks of god-mode Mary Sue. I'm willing to listen to any points you might have to make, though.

I should also note that this is just my personal opinion. Don't think I'm trying to force it down your neck. I sometimes feel like I gotta point this out so nobody gets their frilly little pink panties in a knot reading my posts.
"Here's a free hamburger! Enjoy yourself." "You're being greedy! I want fries too!" Sounds silly doesn't it?

Cythereal
01.31.2012 , 05:23 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexxa View Post
She falls into the god-mode style Mary Sue classification for the following reasons: DBZ style blasts of force energy, danced through a dozen sith like they were red-shirts, and (let's not forget) she blocked a lightsaber with her hand. Who does that? In my experience watching the movies... when hand meets lightsaber hand loses. The hand loses badly. This reeks of god-mode Mary Sue. I'm willing to listen to any points you might have to make, though.
It's been done before in the EU - Jedi with particular skill in energy absorption can absorb a lightsaber's energy and momentarily drain the blade.
"That which furthers our purpose is authorized." - Imperial Intelligence, Field Operations Division motto

Nexxa
01.31.2012 , 05:29 PM | #27
Really? Hmm... that would negate one of my three points (and admittedly one of the stronger ones). Got a link I can check this out with?
"Here's a free hamburger! Enjoy yourself." "You're being greedy! I want fries too!" Sounds silly doesn't it?

Cythereal
01.31.2012 , 05:57 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexxa View Post
Really? Hmm... that would negate one of my three points (and admittedly one of the stronger ones). Got a link I can check this out with?
I know it happens in I, Jedi, but I have no clue what the power is actually called. It's supposed to be a rare power, allowing Jedi to absorb energy and channel it into Force powers they otherwise don't have the strength for like big telekinetic tricks. It's used to absorb blaster fire and the like, but at one point in the book it's used to briefly drain and short out a lightsaber.

Nexxa
01.31.2012 , 06:15 PM | #29
In the video it looked like she simply stopped it cold... but that insight does make it seem a little less outlandish. Thanks for the heads up.

Lxkane
01.31.2012 , 06:19 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
I know it happens in I, Jedi, but I have no clue what the power is actually called. It's supposed to be a rare power, allowing Jedi to absorb energy and channel it into Force powers they otherwise don't have the strength for like big telekinetic tricks. It's used to absorb blaster fire and the like, but at one point in the book it's used to briefly drain and short out a lightsaber.
But that wasn't a swing Shan blocked. It was stab. A prolonged stab that Malgus focused his own energy into.