Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Healer?

LibbzGaming
01.29.2012 , 03:22 PM | #1
I want to make a healer but I am not sure which class to make one on. I will not do bounty hunter, but I would to trooper.

What class is best for healing? And how is the storyline for it? Especially the republic one.

Randomness
01.29.2012 , 03:44 PM | #2
I usually see Sorcerer/Sage called the best healer. The big decider being the Lightning Shield ability, which even lets them overheal the tank, more or less. It's probably the best panic button skill any healer has (Especially since they can immediately follow it with a proper heal, also instant cast!).

Vesperr
01.29.2012 , 04:12 PM | #3
I'd say operatives/scoundrels are the worst healers at the moment. My alt is only lvl 37 but even now I have 2 absolutely useless heals (scan and kolto probe) and 1 pretty (but not completely) useless HoT (out of 6 heals ops get at lvl 40...). Unlike sorc, operative wont get friendly pull or lightning shield, only HoTs and direct heals so its not only the healer with least utility but most boring one too.
>___<
I used to be a ballcarrier until I got Leg Shot in the knee.
I cant post if my playtime is over? What The Fckk?!

LyriaFrost
01.29.2012 , 06:29 PM | #4
Sages/Sorcerers are the best burst healers, I think. In a prolonged fight, however, their abilities can start to wane a bit, as they don't have any real way to quickly regain force power. The best they can hope for is to sacrifice 15% of their health to get back around 40-48 force points, but then their natural force regen is slowed for 10 seconds afterwards.

As a combat medic operative/smuggler/commando/mercenary, I can effectively heal forever. I don't have the shield to toss on an ally, it's true, but with proper use of cooldowns and power management, I can maintain my energy levels nearly infinitely.

And I disagree that scan is "useless". When your energy starts to dip a bit towards less than ideal regen rates, you can toss that out for an extra few hundred health back, while regenning energy.

So really, there isn't any "best in every situation", IMO. It's all situational, and in varying circumstances, each healer type shines.

dargor-
01.29.2012 , 06:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LyriaFrost View Post
Sages/Sorcerers are the best burst healers, I think. In a prolonged fight, however, their abilities can start to wane a bit, as they don't have any real way to quickly regain force power.
Free Consume procs and reusable medpacs would like a word.

Good Sorcs don't run out of force.
Quote: Originally Posted by Creslan
And PVP hardcores are second class citizens. You're like the guest that won't leave and can't take a hint your not wanted so you just hang around making it miserable for everyone else at the party.
Indeed.

Knockerz
01.29.2012 , 07:18 PM | #6
I would just try them all out and see which one you like. What's considered the best might not be your cup of playing style. I had a paladin healer forever in wow and I have to admit I never like their limited ability to heal groups unlike a priest.

Caelrie
01.29.2012 , 07:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LyriaFrost View Post
Sages/Sorcerers are the best burst healers, I think. In a prolonged fight, however, their abilities can start to wane a bit, as they don't have any real way to quickly regain force power. The best they can hope for is to sacrifice 15% of their health to get back around 40-48 force points, but then their natural force regen is slowed for 10 seconds afterwards.
This is wrong. Between surge and force bending, sorcs never run out of force. They can go every bit as long as operatives can (forever), and be able to hit panic buttons along the way as a bonus without worrying about resources.

LyriaFrost
01.29.2012 , 08:06 PM | #8
Well, it may change at higher level then. My highest is 32, so I guess once you get up into the 40's you get a bunch more force-management skills.

crzymnky
01.30.2012 , 03:56 PM | #9
I play on the Republic side as a sage. I am main spec healer with group support of AOE. I find sage healing es effective best when healing single targets. It is very force demanding and in lower lvls and keep you drained on most boss fights if group isnt geared to their lvl. I have found all their abilities to do quick heals and fast saves to come in very handy, such as the shield, hot heal to reduce action cost or casting time, or even the buff that forces you to crit on heals.

If you are smart while playing sage healer you can do dmg to increase your force regen rate allowing you heal for longer. I have ran out of force quickly healing the whole group due to aoe fights. Unfortunately i was unable to keep everyone up for the whole fight but we did get down to the back up tank and i was able do my damage skill that make my force and while the buff is counting down i was able to pop off the heals required.

Now i cant compare sage to the other heals personally, but i have seen scoundrel do decent heals, but they tend to focus on healing more then a sage would be doing. That could be because they cant burst the heals as well as a sage or thats just how they always tend to be playing.

Urukkhan
01.30.2012 , 04:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesperr View Post
I'd say operatives/scoundrels are the worst healers at the moment. My alt is only lvl 37 but even now I have 2 absolutely useless heals (scan and kolto probe) and 1 pretty (but not completely) useless HoT (out of 6 heals ops get at lvl 40...). Unlike sorc, operative wont get friendly pull or lightning shield, only HoTs and direct heals so its not only the healer with least utility but most boring one too.
Med scan and Kolto probes is good tools if you know how to use it in your rotation.
But you right about sorc, this class have enormous advantage over OP in utility, and much friendlier for player, it have shields, it have best CC in the game, and really simple in play. It'snot fair, imbalance I see in it
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature. There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."