Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lord Tarnis, I NEED HELP!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
Lord Tarnis, I NEED HELP!!!

Coloski
01.28.2012 , 11:09 PM | #1
I'm a level 16 Jedi Guardian and I keep getting my ***** kicked by him. Suggestions? Strategies? Which companion?

SandsOfArrakis
01.29.2012 , 03:30 AM | #2
Bring a friend along? Or wait a bit till your higher level.

Majadu
01.29.2012 , 04:21 AM | #3
I was lvl 15 and had no problems, dont forget to use Force sweep and master strike whenever they are available. If you are still having problems try to let Kira leap in first and you second. You may have to use a medpac but after that you are fine

hostagecat
01.29.2012 , 07:39 AM | #4
I aggree with whomever said wait a few levels, he is a piece of cake if you do.
Squadron 11.11.11 Never Forget!!!

CherieNB
02.22.2013 , 06:12 PM | #5
I am level 17 and he is nuking my butt every time, I've tried over a dozen times and nada. All skills trained, sending Kira in first (do I have something to heal her? Not that I can find). Watching the videos it seems that most characters cool downs are way faster than mine, so much so that I thought they were in fast motion. He is damaging my calm. At suggestions would be helpful. This is my first game but I've been working at it for months now, I keep becoming frustrated and start over with a new character. I WILL conquer this!!

Nothematic
02.23.2013 , 06:47 AM | #6
Is it possible for you to record a video of you fighting him and upload it, so we can see what you're doing? How much HP do you get him down to before you die?

What gear are you using?
Enaico - 55 Sorcerer | Zaland - 32 Shadow |
Enairo - 41 Sentinel |
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

CherieNB
02.24.2013 , 10:38 AM | #7
Don't have appropriate video software at this time. Aai is a lvl 17 Guardian, strength 208, Endurance 204, Presence 106. Currently Health 2505, Armor Rating 1426, Damage Reduction 31.35, Defense Choice 5.00%

Gear:

Peacekeepers Headgear
Reinforced Battle Chestguard
Gamorrean Dense Gauntlets
Echani Dense Girdle
Jedi Knight's Leggings
Echani Riveted Boots
Hardened Terenthian Bracers
Was Sentinel's Lightsaber but bought the 14 Coruscant Commendation one (forget the name) just a while ago, haven't given it another go.

Going in with Kira, have tried working together with her, and with her going in first. If I send her first, at what point should I jump in, and with what? Should I try T-7? Also don't know the answer to how much HP for Tarnis.

MastaGing
02.24.2013 , 09:49 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CherieNB View Post
Don't have appropriate video software at this time. Aai is a lvl 17 Guardian, strength 208, Endurance 204, Presence 106. Currently Health 2505, Armor Rating 1426, Damage Reduction 31.35, Defense Choice 5.00%

Gear:

Peacekeepers Headgear
Reinforced Battle Chestguard
Gamorrean Dense Gauntlets
Echani Dense Girdle
Jedi Knight's Leggings
Echani Riveted Boots
Hardened Terenthian Bracers
Was Sentinel's Lightsaber but bought the 14 Coruscant Commendation one (forget the name) just a while ago, haven't given it another go.

Going in with Kira, have tried working together with her, and with her going in first. If I send her first, at what point should I jump in, and with what? Should I try T-7? Also don't know the answer to how much HP for Tarnis.
if youre a guardian then kira. but depends on spec. are you tanking or dps? and try doing heroics for better gear. looks like to me thats the problem

Imperial Operative Jedi Guardian

Merouk
02.25.2013 , 12:31 PM | #9
200 End/Str seems slightly low for 17. I think I had in the 230 range, which does make a difference when fighting a boss like Tarnis. Get level 16-17 green Str/End items in all slots that you can from the GTN, and outfit Kira too in Wil/End items. If you've got orange modifiable weapons/armor (green for Kira), make sure you put in level 15-17 armoring, mod, and enhancement upgrades. Buy an Endurance stim from the stim vendor (+16?) and use it before the fight, it lasts 1 hr. Gear really makes a difference.

Your shield chance shouldn't be 5%. Make sure you have a shield (with Str) in your off-hand, not focus or generator. Shield. And turn on Soresu form.

CherieNB
02.25.2013 , 12:40 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MastaGing View Post
if youre a guardian then kira. but depends on spec. are you tanking or dps? and try doing heroics for better gear. looks like to me thats the problem
Tanking, as far as I understand it. It does seem that I need better gear, will do heroics and see what I can pick up, and check GTN. And I'm up to twenty unsuccessful tries, now!