Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So... KotOR HD Remake for 10 Year Anniversity?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
So... KotOR HD Remake for 10 Year Anniversity?

GoodEnoughForMe
01.30.2012 , 05:01 PM | #21
I'm generally against the proliferation of HD remakes. They were cool at first, but are getting a little redundant now. Not that it's a huge time or resource sink for companies, but still...

That said, an HD release of KOTOR I + II that runs smoothly in new Windows OS' and has the environments in HD aesthetics? Heck yeah.
"When reality overcomes the dream, all sanity is lost in it's depth." -- Anonymous

KenEthan
01.30.2012 , 09:39 PM | #22
Yes, yes. YES! Maybe also putting the cut content back into the game. I would have loved to go to the HK Factories
"If there's one thing i know about smuggling it's that you always want a good blaster by your side!"
Proud builder of a Minecraft Millenium Falcon.

Lightstrake
02.11.2012 , 10:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by thegrognard View Post
There's also Beyond Good and Evil, prince of persia (I think) and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath in HD remake which seems to be something that's got a lot of grognards like me paying extra cash.
Yep. I was just giving some basic HD remakes, pretty famous nowadays.

Fyurii
02.12.2012 , 12:12 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by KenEthan View Post
Yes, yes. YES! Maybe also putting the cut content back into the game. I would have loved to go to the HK Factories
Don't know if they'd touch KoTOR2. That was made by Obsidian, and all but aborted before it began by Lucas Arts. Six months to a year's development time does not make for a worthy sequel, especially when Lucas Arts say no to the developers when they want to do more than two patches to fix bugs and restore content.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

DigiFluid
02.12.2012 , 12:16 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohanshot View Post
This...would be the game to end all games!

This has already kind of happened. Theres Wookiepedia pages for all the in-game classes with 2 in particular already being given names.

Warning These pages have MASSIVE spoilers!
Lord Kallig AKA Sith Inquisitor
Cipher 9 AKA Imperial Agent

It probably won't be long until the pther classes follow suit. On the other hand they could be faceless warriors that everybody recognizes but no one knows.
A minor note here: Wookieepedia isn't giving them names. These are the names/titles that the characters in question receive at the end of their class quest.
aka Arkajos, Sith Juggernaut on Assassins of Sion
aka Falkett, Jedi Sentinel on Wall of Light

ManuNegra
02.12.2012 , 12:39 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
I agree. I'd much prefer a non-MMO version. This game would be absolutely amazing without the MMO. When NPCs tell me that I'm going into a warzone, I expect there to be one, but because this is an MMO, it's nothing like there. I go there and there are maybe a people NPCs shooting at one another and then just empty space for a long time. I won't even get started on the subscription fee, server maintenance, and general chat that wouldn't exist in KotOR III.

The storylines would just be so much better and offer so much more immersion, the graphics would actually be good other than just the worlds, and I probably wouldn't have to play on my terrible PC and could play on my PS3. It'd be like Skyrim, but with Star Wars.

I had no choice. It was this or nothing.
wait you mean to tell me people still play console games? that $600 bucks coulda bought a pretty nice gfx card with money left over, but i digress. i agree pretty much 100% that a real kotor3 would have beaten the crap out of an mmo from any franchise you want hands down, simply because the design demands are different enough that no matter how hard you try to incorporate "cinematic storytelling" you're gonna have to water it down.

I mean, look at how awesome the Mass Effect series is....imagine how much more awesome it would be if it were a kotor series (not knockin ME but we all know kotor is the champ)

Lightstrake
05.23.2012 , 07:58 PM | #27
So, it's been awhile. Probably a good time to revive the thread to see others opinions in this.

What do you wanna see in an HD remake?

Lightstrake
06.09.2012 , 05:02 PM | #28
It's been a few weeks. I really want to hear everyone's opinions of this. I think it would be interesting.

Rayla_Felana
06.09.2012 , 05:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightstrake View Post
It's been a few weeks. I really want to hear everyone's opinions of this. I think it would be interesting.
You've necro'd your own thread twice now, just leave it be, clearly what can be expressed has been expressed, or this would still be discussed.

Laris_Rai
06.09.2012 , 05:44 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightstrake View Post
I'll also go with "Get over it."
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson