Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So... KotOR HD Remake for 10 Year Anniversity?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
So... KotOR HD Remake for 10 Year Anniversity?

Foxfirega's Avatar


Foxfirega
01.28.2012 , 03:54 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
I didn't know about it until hearing about the Revan novel that came out in December. That would make it a recent thing, but I will never get over it.
Prepare for disappointment here, then. Eventually they're going to give 'canon' names and faces to each one of the classes in-game. That's what happens when you play with a strict timeline and are doing stuff demonstrably before other important events - they're going to put a name and face on 'your' character so that there's a consensus for everything after to build off.

Something they've shown themselves more then happy with doing, as both Revan and the Jedi Exile got names and faces, too. Do you really think your character in this game is going to be any different?
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Lightstrake's Avatar


Lightstrake
01.28.2012 , 04:22 PM | #12
Honestly, Revan's face is okay enough but could use some improvement, but Meetra's face and actor could use a lot of work.

GregoryOnasi's Avatar


GregoryOnasi
01.28.2012 , 04:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by marshalleck View Post
If you wanted KOTOR3 why did you buy this? Everything they've shown about this game for the last year or more should have made it excruciatingly obvious that this was not going to be KOTOR 3.
In 2008 when they released the information on this being an MMO they said (not my words) that it would be a spiritual successor. I do enjoy this game but don't correlate a completely different game, and tell someone something went it isn't true. This game is nothing like Kotor you are right. Bioware is milking the Old Republic story for all its worth that isn't right.

GregoryOnasi's Avatar


GregoryOnasi
01.28.2012 , 04:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
I agree. I'd much prefer a non-MMO version. This game would be absolutely amazing without the MMO. When NPCs tell me that I'm going into a warzone, I expect there to be one, but because this is an MMO, it's nothing like there. I go there and there are maybe a people NPCs shooting at one another and then just empty space for a long time. I won't even get started on the subscription fee, server maintenance, and general chat that wouldn't exist in KotOR III.

The storylines would just be so much better and offer so much more immersion, the graphics would actually be good other than just the worlds, and I probably wouldn't have to play on my terrible PC and could play on my PS3. It'd be like Skyrim, but with Star Wars.



I had no choice. It was this or nothing.
My exact point my good sir.

Lightstrake's Avatar


Lightstrake
01.28.2012 , 08:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
I agree. I'd much prefer a non-MMO version. This game would be absolutely amazing without the MMO. When NPCs tell me that I'm going into a warzone, I expect there to be one, but because this is an MMO, it's nothing like there. I go there and there are maybe a people NPCs shooting at one another and then just empty space for a long time. I won't even get started on the subscription fee, server maintenance, and general chat that wouldn't exist in KotOR III.

The storylines would just be so much better and offer so much more immersion, the graphics would actually be good other than just the worlds, and I probably wouldn't have to play on my terrible PC and could play on my PS3. It'd be like Skyrim, but with Star Wars.



I had no choice. It was this or nothing.
KotOR I and II were only available on PC and Xbox. I don't think it would go onto the PS3 anytime soon.

teamplayerx's Avatar


teamplayerx
01.28.2012 , 09:08 PM | #16
Kotor and Kotor II were the best Linear RPG's of their time. However if they were to make an HD version of the game and re-make it, they need to make the whole game more like a sandbox RPG (examples: Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas) and not incredibly linear. If it were to come back out with it still being linear, it wouldn't have as much effect and not be as good. They would be as good as gameplay as the Mass Effect series which is borderline descent for a game period.



Gantoris_Aym's Avatar


Gantoris_Aym
01.29.2012 , 12:18 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by GregoryOnasi View Post
Why should we get over it? We're are the fans and a good number of us asked for a Knights of the old republic 3 not this **** horse ****.
Well said! but i'm really not opposed to the HD remake. that would be super coooool. I would take it to hold of my impatience for KOTOR 3 which i am still very much in denial of.

Quote: Originally Posted by marshalleck View Post
If you wanted KOTOR3 why did you buy this? Everything they've shown about this game for the last year or more should have made it excruciatingly obvious that this was not going to be KOTOR 3.
why would a star wars fan who plays Old republic based games by SWTOR? Goooood point dude.

DrBadfish's Avatar


DrBadfish
01.30.2012 , 12:36 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by teamplayerx View Post
Kotor and Kotor II were the best Linear RPG's of their time. However if they were to make an HD version of the game and re-make it, they need to make the whole game more like a sandbox RPG (examples: Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas) and not incredibly linear. If it were to come back out with it still being linear, it wouldn't have as much effect and not be as good. They would be as good as gameplay as the Mass Effect series which is borderline descent for a game period.
If they were going to go through all of that effort, they might as well just make KotOR 3...

thegrognard's Avatar


thegrognard
01.30.2012 , 06:40 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightstrake View Post
If my mind serves me right, KotOR came out in 2003.

We've seen it all, GTA, Halo, Sonic. I think it's time for a KotOR HD remake.
There's also Beyond Good and Evil, prince of persia (I think) and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath in HD remake which seems to be something that's got a lot of grognards like me paying extra cash.

Rohanshot's Avatar


Rohanshot
01.30.2012 , 03:58 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
It'd be like Skyrim, but with Star Wars.
This...would be the game to end all games!

Quote: Originally Posted by Foxfirega View Post
Prepare for disappointment here, then. Eventually they're going to give 'canon' names and faces to each one of the classes in-game. That's what happens when you play with a strict timeline and are doing stuff demonstrably before other important events - they're going to put a name and face on 'your' character so that there's a consensus for everything after to build off.

Something they've shown themselves more then happy with doing, as both Revan and the Jedi Exile got names and faces, too. Do you really think your character in this game is going to be any different?
This has already kind of happened. Theres Wookiepedia pages for all the in-game classes with 2 in particular already being given names.

Warning These pages have MASSIVE spoilers!
Lord Kallig AKA Sith Inquisitor
Cipher 9 AKA Imperial Agent

It probably won't be long until the pther classes follow suit. On the other hand they could be faceless warriors that everybody recognizes but no one knows.
Speak softly and carry a BIG GUN!
Codename: The BrotherHood an Elite Trooper only Republic Unit
Rank: Corporal- Element: Titan Company 1st Platoon, Delta Squad
[Recruitment Thread]