Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So... KotOR HD Remake for 10 Year Anniversity?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
So... KotOR HD Remake for 10 Year Anniversity?

Lightstrake
01.28.2012 , 03:08 PM | #1
If my mind serves me right, KotOR came out in 2003.

We've seen it all, GTA, Halo, Sonic. I think it's time for a KotOR HD remake.

Now, I don't want to ruin the original concept of the game, and by that I mean choices and dialogue but perhaps we can have a Revan voice actor? Maybe a few things of extra content and maybe a KotOR II remake by teaming up with Obsidian and making the greatest SW game EVA?!

It's only a suggestion.

Hope others agree!

flyersfan
01.28.2012 , 03:11 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightstrake View Post
If my mind serves me right, KotOR came out in 2003.

We've seen it all, GTA, Halo, Sonic. I think it's time for a KotOR HD remake.

Now, I don't want to ruin the original concept of the game, and by that I mean choices and dialogue but perhaps we can have a Revan voice actor? Maybe a few things of extra content and maybe a KotOR II remake by teaming up with Obsidian and making the greatest SW game EVA?!

It's only a suggestion.

Hope ours agree!
I would like this if they didn't ruin KotOR for me. They took my Revan, threw her out the window, and made my hundreds of hours of KotOR play worthless. They gave "Revan" a gender, face, character, and story. The RPG aspect would no longer be relevant because I would know that whatever I'm doing is wrong unless they make the game a one-track trip where you actually play as "Revan" and fulfil "his" storyline, which would just about ruin the game. It's a damn shame.

marshalleck
01.28.2012 , 03:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
I would like this if they didn't ruin KotOR for me. They took my Revan, threw her out the window, and made my hundreds of hours of KotOR play worthless. They gave "Revan" a gender, face, character, and story. The RPG aspect would no longer be relevant because I would know that whatever I'm doing is wrong unless they make the game a one-track trip where you actually play as "Revan" and fulfil "his" storyline, which would just about ruin the game. It's a damn shame.
Revan was given a canonical gender and alignment years and years ago, before anyone publicly knew anything about TOR. Get over it already.
Classless character progression // Deep crafting & harvesting // Fully customizable spells & skills // Living world with seasons, weather, dynamic day/night & wildlife ecology // >

GregoryOnasi
01.28.2012 , 03:18 PM | #4
Why should we get over it? We're are the fans and a good number of us asked for a Knights of the old republic 3 not this **** horse ****.

Lightstrake
01.28.2012 , 03:25 PM | #5
I know everyone wants KotOR III, maybe Obsidian and BioWare can team up for that, but TOR is practically 3-9 or 10 or something. We all need to just be thankful for something that relates to the Old Republic Era right?

I think we should also be granted with new lightsaber colors and possibly be able to make new colors by combining crystals together.

Silver Crystals FTW!

Myst
01.28.2012 , 03:28 PM | #6
He's very similar to my Revan character. I was quite happy with how it turned out.

My Jedi Exile was male and it turns out the Jedi Exile was a female called Meetra Surik and guess what? I don't care.

And really, this practically is Kotor III and more. It has plenty of storylines to choose from so get over it... seriously people =/

Anyway back to OP, I don't really think the game needs to be remade. Why spend effort reviving something that everyone already loves, when they could be improving this game and making it even better?

marshalleck
01.28.2012 , 03:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GregoryOnasi View Post
Why should we get over it? We're are the fans and a good number of us asked for a Knights of the old republic 3 not this **** horse ****.
If you wanted KOTOR3 why did you buy this? Everything they've shown about this game for the last year or more should have made it excruciatingly obvious that this was not going to be KOTOR 3.
Classless character progression // Deep crafting & harvesting // Fully customizable spells & skills // Living world with seasons, weather, dynamic day/night & wildlife ecology // >

flyersfan
01.28.2012 , 03:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by marshalleck View Post
Revan was given a canonical gender and alignment years and years ago, before anyone publicly knew anything about TOR. Get over it already.
I didn't know about it until hearing about the Revan novel that came out in December. That would make it a recent thing, but I will never get over it.

flyersfan
01.28.2012 , 03:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GregoryOnasi View Post
I agree. I'd much prefer a non-MMO version. This game would be absolutely amazing without the MMO. When NPCs tell me that I'm going into a warzone, I expect there to be one, but because this is an MMO, it's nothing like there. I go there and there are maybe a people NPCs shooting at one another and then just empty space for a long time. I won't even get started on the subscription fee, server maintenance, and general chat that wouldn't exist in KotOR III.

The storylines would just be so much better and offer so much more immersion, the graphics would actually be good other than just the worlds, and I probably wouldn't have to play on my terrible PC and could play on my PS3. It'd be like Skyrim, but with Star Wars.

Quote: Originally Posted by marshalleck View Post
If you wanted KOTOR3 why did you buy this? Everything they've shown about this game for the last year or more should have made it excruciatingly obvious that this was not going to be KOTOR 3.
I had no choice. It was this or nothing.

JDTC
01.28.2012 , 03:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
my revan was black
i support powertech