Newb Looking for a good class to be

CageRat

Im currently about to start playing and have been trying to do research but am unable to due to work constraints. If anyone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it. I was thinking either smuggler, trooper, or bounty hunter. I dont wanna be a jedi or sith because everyone would be one and it would be boring

Current main is level 50 BH, and it's really a fun class to play. The benefit to BH leveling is that

you get your healing companion early in the game, which is a huge help. If I had to do it over

again, I would have rolled an Inquisitor, spec'd healing for easy grouping content, and questing.

I love my BH, but the Inquisitor is a blast to play.

Edited by Drobu

My highest character is a level 20 smuggler/scoundrel. I am enjoying the story line very much right now. I enjoy do-gooding for profit and sarcasm, which the smuggler dialogues have. Then there's the whole tank girl costume vibe you can wear. Oh, and you get an aluminum falcon, which rocks.

But you might not like playing such a character. What sort of things do you find fun in a game?

Inquisitors and Bounty Hunters aren't the most popular classes for nothing, specifically Sorcs and Mercs. They have the friendliest leveling mechanics of all the classes, and they are no slouches as Level 50 either (best dps and healing specs).

Warriors and Agents level far slower, and both classes don't have a lot of bright spots that aren't completely overshadowed by how ridiculously easy the Sorc and Merc are.

Inquisitors and Bounty Hunters aren't the most popular classes for nothing, specifically Sorcs and Mercs. They have the friendliest leveling mechanics of all the classes, and they are no slouches as Level 50 either (best dps and healing specs).

Warriors and Agents level far slower, and both classes don't have a lot of bright spots that aren't completely overshadowed by how ridiculously easy the Sorc and Merc are.

Assassin levels a lot slower than Warrior.

I love playing Ranged classes so i picked a Sniper. Think we may need so more info on what you like to play. I say try them all and decided yourself. Not sure how much fun you expect to have if ppl pick your class for you. Edited by DjB-rain

I've played Jedi Knight, Trooper, Sith Inquisitor, and Bounty Hunter to at least level 10 (trooper at 50). My favorites have been the SI and BH (both of which is ranged which I highly recommend for a newb). Empire classes seem to be much more fun/interesting then Republic ones.

I love dealing damage. I have started and currently have a lvl 7 Imperial Agent. Thinking of going Sniper. I just started playing last night and now there is scheduled maintenance, this blows

I should have checked my thread sooner. I currently couldnt start the game due to technical issues. It is all fixed though