Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it possible to turn Jaesa to the dark side as after you recruit her?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is it possible to turn Jaesa to the dark side as after you recruit her?

SupremeRapier
01.26.2012 , 09:36 PM | #1
Just what the title says.

I have looked everywhere and it seems most people are just upset that they can't romance her as a LS SW which I really don't care too much about. The only reason I'm a LS SW at the moment was because I was working on raising Vette's affection and cause I wanted the little sandcrawler pet.

Now when I went to recruit Jaesa I picked mostly dark choices although I did spare her parents and Karr but my plan was to make her turn to the dark side, not so much for the romance but because I think it would be awesome to see her fall from the light side.

I'm not one of those people who really cares about my alignment so I would really like to know if anyone has actually turned Jaesa to the dark side (ie. make her a murderous crazy psycho*****) without her parents murdered and having kill her master.

It really wouldnt make sense if bioware would make her alignment decision based solely on one cutscene without any buildup or anything. I've read that she turns to the dark side really fast but I'd think that you should get at least a few chances to before its completely locked for good.

I've also read that you have a cutscene with Jaesa shortly after you recruit her with her asking if she should be light or dark, is this true?

If anyone has been able to turn Jaesa to the dark side from her default light side I'd really appreciate any response.

MandelynRain
01.26.2012 , 11:24 PM | #2
The only way to convert her is to have her kill Nomen Karr as far as I have seen

JediKabuto
01.27.2012 , 01:25 AM | #3
You can turn her. However, you really didn't do much to turn her while she was vulnerable. Essentially you failed at being evil at the critical points.

Also, given your affinity to the light it wouldn't even make sense for you to be able to do such a thing until you yourself were on the Dark Side.

Perhaps, given this is supposed to be a long running MMO, if you turn to the Dark Side in the future they could add some story/quests to let you retry this task.

SupremeRapier
01.27.2012 , 06:32 AM | #4
Well I did choose the majority of the evil options I just spared him cause to me it seemed like a far greater punishment to let him be humiliated by his peers and live a life knowing he had lost everything, on top of that I thought it would make Jaesa more eager to see my way of things.

I mean seriously, Palpatine had totally manipulated everyone and acted good sometimes to fulfill his own goals and ended up being the freaking emperor! He didnt even kill anyone really until the empire really started to form. So what the hell is with these BS absolute evil choices? Imo you have to understand both sides of the force to be truely evil or good otherwise your just a singled minded ***** or douche.

But anyways, you said it is possible to turn her afterwards? cause I honestly dont mind going dark, in fact I was looking forward to having a evil companion so I could finally start actually being a dark sith without vette looking over my shoulder all the time.

AlfiereDBC
01.27.2012 , 07:16 AM | #5
Dark Jaesa sucks imo, she's far too cruel for a girl who was light side until a moment ago. I generally choose dark side options except when civilians or innocents are involved, and once I lost almost 300 points with her, forcing me to do the choice again with another companion. I also have to tolerate her "le't kill al the light side sith"/inquisitor behavior, wich is prompting me to go back to Vette.

miliways
01.27.2012 , 10:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AlfiereDBC View Post
Dark Jaesa sucks imo, she's far too cruel for a girl who was light side until a moment ago. I generally choose dark side options except when civilians or innocents are involved, and once I lost almost 300 points with her, forcing me to do the choice again with another companion. I also have to tolerate her "le't kill al the light side sith"/inquisitor behavior, wich is prompting me to go back to Vette.
Sounds like you should have picked LS Jaesa. I love DS Jaesa, I think she makes perfect sense (You SHATTERED the foundation of her entire belief system, which she had believed in since a child. You replaced it with the sith philosophy; that the strong survive and the weak perish and that is HOW IT SHOULD BE. Her ENTIRE LIFE has been shattered and re-formed; she's like Anakin turned into Vader. I thought it was appropriate).

I like slaughtering jedi every chance I get, and I'm glad I finally got somebody who can appreciate it and get + loyalty instead of - when I choose the evil option

miliways
01.27.2012 , 10:31 AM | #7
Sorry OP, AFAIK its a binary choice at the offset of which Jaesa you'll end up with.

AFAIK there aren't ANY companions which can be corrupted. Somebody told me you could corrupt Vette if you just keep at it, and I think they were trolling because I just ended up with massively negative affection with vette.

Companions do not have an alignment really, they're all neutral and stay that way. They equip gear based on your alignment. Which is kinda awkward, LS Jaesa can't use blue sabers if you're DS, and DS Jaesa can't use red sabers if you're LS.

gibmachine
01.27.2012 , 11:32 AM | #8
You can't. Simple as that. You have to be DS 1 or above to get DS Jaesa and vice versa if you want her LS. Not sure what happens when you're neutral though but I imagine game simply counts how much DS and how much LS choices you made and bigger count wins.

Once you get either of her "versions" you're stuck with it.

AlfiereDBC
01.27.2012 , 02:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by miliways View Post
Sounds like you should have picked LS Jaesa.
I've been told that it depends if you're light or dark side when you pick her. So I guess I had to be light to get her, but then I didn't know that evil Jaesa is too evil for me

Quote:
I like slaughtering jedi every chance I get, and I'm glad I finally got somebody who can appreciate it and get + loyalty instead of - when I choose the evil option
I like that too, and I like kiling Sith too to rule alone
I simply dislike that she punishes me hard (-300) when I make my (very) few light side choices. However, nothing that a Quinn switch can't solve.

bfishback
01.27.2012 , 06:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by gibmachine View Post
You can't. Simple as that. You have to be DS 1 or above to get DS Jaesa and vice versa if you want her LS. Not sure what happens when you're neutral though but I imagine game simply counts how much DS and how much LS choices you made and bigger count wins.

Once you get either of her "versions" you're stuck with it.
I'm neutral, and Jaesa literally asked me what side she should go. I had the option between telling her to embrace the dark side or stay on her own ways.

I went Light Side, 'cause I didn't want a crazy *****. But now I'm apparently trying to destroy the empire from the inside, and all her convos are dedicated to that. Sigh.