Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class complexity question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Class complexity question

cwatz
12.14.2011 , 10:38 PM | #1
I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough outline of how complex classes pve damage rotation and/or pvp play is. Any info or experience you have is appreciated.

I dont need anything overly specific, im just trying to choose my class and this has been difficult to track down.

My biggest concern is classes that require 5 times the effort to achieve the same results as others. However I have no problem with high difficulty classes if you truly get rewarded for that mastery.

I tend to prefer melee dps with tanking potential (assassin, jugg, marauder are obvious frontrunners), but am open to anything (minus fulltime healing).

Zazenn
12.15.2011 , 02:53 AM | #2
Are there any specific classes you are considering? That might help get you some feedback as its unlikely that someone will go thru and ballpark keybinds rotations for every class/spec combo. The one class I can personally speak on is the Jedi Sentinel, although I would assume the same applies to the Sith Marauder. This class is highly situational and there really is not a "rotation" to follow. Its very much priority based with lots of different abilities. Therefore, I would say thats one class you would want to cross off the list.

cwatz
12.15.2011 , 03:36 AM | #3
Thanks for the feedback. I edited my main post to make things a little more clear.

That kind of sucks about the marauder. For the higher skillcap is there at least higher reward? In other words in strong hands could it surpass the power cap of other classes?

Apollonel
12.15.2011 , 03:37 AM | #4
guardian has 26 skills that need keybinding. at lvl 50. for pvp.
dont know about the other classes.
Legion of Lettow / Lord Calypho. EU
<◙w◙◙w◙(▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
"had to be me, someone else might have gotten it wrong "

DizzD
12.15.2011 , 06:02 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I edited my main post to make things a little more clear.

That kind of sucks about the marauder. For the higher skillcap is there at least higher reward? In other words in strong hands could it surpass the power cap of other classes?
You'd think so, but NO.
Darth Dizmal
<REDDIT EMPIRE>
Death Wind Corridor
Moar Pew Pew