Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yep - I'm done

MajorRedux
01.26.2012 , 07:13 AM | #1
Not because of the bugs.
Not because of the constant crashes.
Not because of the well written and enjoyable story.
Not because of the bad graphics (it's 2012 COME ON bioware).
Not because I had to import the game from Singapore to play.
Not because it's funded by EA.
Not because of the terrible talent trees that leave NO room for customization.
Not because of the poorly designed attributes that still aren't working correctly.
Not because it's a themepark and not a sandbox.
Not because of the rail shooter space combat.
Not even because of the poor character customization.

I'm done because of the poorly thought out and implemented classes and abilities, which by design have resulted in a completely broken PvP system.

As a games developer I follow certain rules, especially when it comes to multi-class style RPG games. Mage doesn't get a heal because they wtfpwn with their spells, Priest gets heals that are interruptable and counterable, Warriors get heavy armour but can't stealth, and so on.

We follow these general rules so that one class doesn't have an unfair advantage and that they can fit neatly into their niche.

SWTOR throws all these rules out of the window. I have NO idea what possessed the design team to give a caster class (sorc/sage) a shield, instant heals, hots, sprint, AND the damage to go with it. On paper you can just see this recipe going wrong when it comes to balancing, especially if ALL of the warzones rely on high mobility and survivability.

Then on the other side of the coin, they hamstring classes like the mercenary to nothing more than an immobile turret - which would be okay if they could wtfpwn someone in 2 shots - but they can't. In fact, a longstanding rule in PvP is if you stop moving you are dead. I guess they couldn't have mentioned this in the character creation screen.

I could go on about all the issues affecting the different classes and their mirrors but most of you will have some idea of what I'm talking about.

Having levelled both a Juggernaut and a Mercenary to 50 I am sorely disappointing about the response to class balance in PvP. I can't see myself playing much longer if it isn't addressed soon - as in - the next month.

The smuggler/operative nerf is a good start, but I don't think it's in the right direction. The underlying mechanics of the classes are poorly designed and the talent trees don't even start to address the issues many of the UP classes facing.

I don't have the heart to level another character to 50 and the pub quests make me want to vomit. Please address these issues.

supZ
01.26.2012 , 07:16 AM | #2
these posts are becoming amusing to me.

you crybabies are so melodramatic

bye and stuff, im sure you'll be sorely missed err.. sorry didnt even read your name before replying.
---------------
SI Sorcerer (50)
JC Sage (50)

Mitheril
01.26.2012 , 07:16 AM | #3
I find the classes surprisngly well balanced....but I'm not 50 yet, so I can only comment for the 10-49 BG's.
I am what I am and that's all that I am.

Mr_Crueak
01.26.2012 , 07:17 AM | #4
Yep - I'm done too

reading past the first few lines :P
If you don't enjoy a game, why troll it?

iconicman
01.26.2012 , 07:18 AM | #5
I don't think PvP was ever really high on their priority list and it shows.

My impression of SW:TOR is it's a online social version of KOTR, with PvP thrown in just because.

As such I played it like KOTR and now I've seen enough of it I'll go play something else. There is not enough in it to make me sub any more, if it was F2P I would dip in and out of it, but I won't sub it just to play on occasion.

JessianKaaneo
01.26.2012 , 07:18 AM | #6
Bioware will not change the pvp structure or the clases.

didnt you know the sith sorcerer is uber and will not be beaten.

Until the masses of causal players experience the pathetic attempt at pvp here this game will go down in flames.

After trying pvp now for a week (been off sick for a month) and will be back at work soon, i really cant see myself logging in every day to run PVP just to die to 5k hits every second by running squishes.

Remove Sorcerrors ability to CC and buble and heal in pvp. Where is the jedi's Heals!!!
Laduran Kaaneo | Jedi Knight | E
Alliance of Europa Mature Guild - GMT (20-30 h/pw hoping), Social, Hardcore, TS, Hydian Way Server,

Ebbikenezer
01.26.2012 , 07:19 AM | #7
PvP is going to ruin the game, I have been saying it for over a year.

I really wish they just didn't put PvP in the game to begin with, because the "balancing act" way more often than not ruins the classes for PvE.

I don't understand why every MMO needs to cater to PvP players, honestly it would be easier if PvPers just stuck with much more PvP oriented games.

I do my Warzones and such, but I could just honestly care less which of my characters I am on and how OP or UP they are so long as I am having a good time. Too bad people can't look at it the same way.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Mercia
01.26.2012 , 07:19 AM | #8
Goodbye?

senkaxx
01.26.2012 , 07:20 AM | #9
Goodbye and good riddance
I don't know why people use such big words sometimes. On the other hand, why be a wise-a*s when you can be a sagacious rectum.

Life is the enemy. Death is our solace.

Redsuns_
01.26.2012 , 07:21 AM | #10
hope the rest enjoy this sinking ship while they can.

carebearsss