Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need help inventing a guild name

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Need help inventing a guild name

Arixiwi
01.27.2012 , 10:34 AM | #21
By starters: No offence meant.

My personal opinion is that the Guild Names are often childish or un-professional- For example: something like Death Dealers; or Republics Finest, is either childish or lore unfriendly.

A good guild name sounds professional, while I believe that Legend doesn't sound professional but instead when I think of that guild all I see is a group of l33t speakers.

Just my 2 cents
Dutch | Jedi Knight | Guardian | The Republic
First Knowledge - European RP Guild

Renok_
01.27.2012 , 11:57 AM | #22
Could you give an example of a "proffesional" guild name?

Because that's what I want it to be.. Proffesional.. No whiners, just people, having fun.. Doing stuff.. Relaxing after a hard day of work

And especially own some stuff up

Quynhdolin
01.27.2012 , 12:10 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AwesumPossum View Post

The funniest one was : <Ewoking on Sunshine>
damn. pretty good.

Thozi
01.27.2012 , 03:31 PM | #24
I dont know how pro these sound but I'll give it a go.

Gorsokan Agency
Xelor Corporation

Just random words pulled out of thin air. Any good?

CFourPO
01.27.2012 , 03:34 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Arixiwi View Post
By starters: No offence meant.

My personal opinion is that the Guild Names are often childish or un-professional- For example: something like Death Dealers; or Republics Finest, is either childish or lore unfriendly.

A good guild name sounds professional, while I believe that Legend doesn't sound professional but instead when I think of that guild all I see is a group of l33t speakers.

Just my 2 cents
Make something in Huttese. Lots of nice sounding names.

http://www.completewermosguide.com/huttdictionary.html

and
http://www.completewermosguide.com/h...ictionary.html

expanded beyond canon based on Quechua (the south american language that they loosely based huttese on).

Guildrum
01.27.2012 , 06:12 PM | #26
Mandalorian Rejects

Lhachwen-Nin
01.27.2012 , 06:42 PM | #27
Short and succinct I take it, with meaning... how about 'Epoch'. It was the first word that came to mind when I read what you were looking for. It has a good sound, it is one word and I think the definition is relevant:

https://www.google.com/search?q=defi...ient=firefox-a

Yay? Nay?
The Pizza Hutt
For the Very Best Pizza Pie in All Known Republic and Imperial Sectors!

Stop by today for our famous Chubas and Klatooine Paddy Frog pie with Ladybabies dessert!

Kattla
01.27.2012 , 07:24 PM | #28
Moonlight

RevansSoul
07.28.2012 , 02:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Amonette View Post
This might come across as mean but isnít intended that way.

A guild name is its identity. It should be something that reflects the attitude of the guild and it should be something interesting. Frankly if you canít come up with the name on your own I question your ability to run a good guild. Itís a lot of work and picking the name is only a small part of that.
Are you kidding me? Because people can't come up with a name you question their ability to run a good guild? When you start a guild, it doesn't have an identity yet, an identiy comes over time. If you start with four people you can't say oh hey we're gonna call ourselves [Xxxx], even though we haven't done anything together as a guild yet, with my preternatural insight I can already predict what the attitude of the guild should be.

This person is asking for good names for a guild, what the hell is wrong with you tearing him down before he even got started. Where do you get off passing judgement on his ability to lead?

Really? You don't know what kind of guild attitude you want? That's not good.
Oh dear me. Guild names are Serious Business to you. Not good, dear me, what will we do!

But, just out of curiosity, can you spell spontaneity? It goes something like, hey i want to form a guild, we'll see how it goes, now let's try to think of a good name. Simple. And it works. My guild, which has been around for a long time, is proof.

I knew exactly what sort of attitude I was going for and the name was the first step. The name appealed to the sort of people I wanted to attract and I carefully recruited based on that...[snip]
That's an approach that works for you. Not everyone needs it. Also, he asked for a name, not a lecture, and he already disagreed with your opinion, so the diatribe, really not necessary.

DrewFromPhilly
07.28.2012 , 03:10 PM | #30
Best I've ever seen was "Curb Your Imperialism"

Thought that was pretty clever