Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Marauder and Sentials are Preditorial in nature but...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Marauder and Sentials are Preditorial in nature but...

Mujina's Avatar


Mujina
01.25.2012 , 12:28 AM | #1
Marauders and Sentinals are Preditorial in nature but they lack very basic skills that they should have for pvp. They are they only classes in the game without some way to get a stun either base skill or turn a skill into a stun with specing, force chock is not a full stun since you can be knocked out of it. They are also the only 2 classes without some kind of knockdown or knockback again either base skill or specing. This is a rather huge oversite and needs to be changed.

Other things these classe need is either more ranged attacks, 10m is NOT ranged its extended melee. To be considered ranged is should be at least 15m if not 20m. The other possibilty is to give these classes more ways to break or become immune to being rooted and slowed. Not sure how bioware figures that melee can compete with ranged that can spec to have their knockback root or snare, 1 cc breaker and force charge can't be used if you are rooted, is not enough.

Hizoka's Avatar


Hizoka
01.25.2012 , 12:33 AM | #2
a cool ability would be if they added into "Defensive Forms" the ability that if you are knocked backed within 5 seconds of leaping it resets leap.

kottonmouth's Avatar


kottonmouth
01.25.2012 , 12:34 AM | #3
i agree

Ralnity's Avatar


Ralnity
01.25.2012 , 12:42 AM | #4
All this would make more sense if sentinels/marauders weren't already so powerful in pvp.

Next to the incredibly OP scoundrel/operative, they are easily the second best class in the game. I mean, if you spec watchman, you have two cooldowns that basically make you invulnerable.

Add in that sentinels are probably the best dps in the game (barring the burst damage of the previously mentioned OP scoundrels/operatives), and I can't understand what you are complaining about.
Leader of Armada, Zaalbar Republic.

Lawli's Avatar


Lawli
01.25.2012 , 12:56 AM | #5
have you ever had a good marauder on you? jesus christ, they have enough cds to burn to close that gap and stay on you and drop you in no time. granted they might blow 3-4 cds in an engagement but they have plenty to spare. its all about cd management and popping em consecutively. most agrivating class to fight vs if they're competent as they just dont die and hit like trucks. got some hitting for like 3-4k now with battlemaster gear.

xOspreyx's Avatar


xOspreyx
01.25.2012 , 01:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ralnity View Post
All this would make more sense if sentinels/marauders weren't already so powerful in pvp.

Next to the incredibly OP scoundrel/operative, they are easily the second best class in the game. I mean, if you spec watchman, you have two cooldowns that basically make you invulnerable.

Add in that sentinels are probably the best dps in the game (barring the burst damage of the previously mentioned OP scoundrels/operatives), and I can't understand what you are complaining about.
Yeah, I totally agree with this post. Marauder/sents are already ****** enough. Giving them stuns and knockbacks would put them way over the top.

Tyrpak's Avatar


Tyrpak
01.25.2012 , 01:07 AM | #7
You know why I have to pop Saber Ward, Cloak of Pain (-20% damage), Force Camo, Undying Rage (at 20-30% hp) to be able to win a 1v1?

Because sorc and BH opens up with snare from 30m, spams attacks that hit similar as my melee hits, knockback when I'm there, stun me when I'm there again, bubble up, and STILL didn't use any longer then 1 min cd.

Even my 10 meter range skill needs rage that a marauder/sentinel can only get when he is in melee.

So I'm OP, because I had to use up ALL of my defensive cooldowns for 1 fight, where the BH is still pressing Tracer Missile-Tracer Missile and hits what 2.3k?


Problem is this: melee has only 1 way to deal damage, at 4 meter range. Ranged cringes at the thought of being in melee range, so he wants to do everything to get out of it, and cryes, when melee asks for tools to get into said 4m range.

Currently number of tools for ccing melee >> tools for gap closing, staying in range.

blumps's Avatar


blumps
01.25.2012 , 01:45 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mujina View Post
Marauders and Sentinals are Preditorial in nature but they lack very basic skills that they should have for pvp. They are they only classes in the game without some way to get a stun either base skill or turn a skill into a stun with specing, force chock is not a full stun since you can be knocked out of it. They are also the only 2 classes without some kind of knockdown or knockback again either base skill or specing. This is a rather huge oversite and needs to be changed.

Other things these classe need is either more ranged attacks, 10m is NOT ranged its extended melee. To be considered ranged is should be at least 15m if not 20m. The other possibilty is to give these classes more ways to break or become immune to being rooted and slowed. Not sure how bioware figures that melee can compete with ranged that can spec to have their knockback root or snare, 1 cc breaker and force charge can't be used if you are rooted, is not enough.
You have charge...so does that mean every other class should have that too?

Hizoka's Avatar


Hizoka
01.25.2012 , 01:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by blumps View Post
You have charge...so does that mean every other class should have that too?
Powertechs/Vanguards are a ranged class yet they have more ways to close a gap then the MELEE classes

blumps's Avatar


blumps
01.25.2012 , 01:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
Powertechs/Vanguards are a ranged class yet they have more ways to close a gap then the MELEE classes
they are tanks....lol

If you're going to try an argue something...at least bring up something worth to argue about