Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

class duoing question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
class duoing question

ctempone
12.14.2011 , 07:44 PM | #1
I plan on having a toon to level with my gf and was wondering what the best combo would be. I am thinking about us starting toons of the same class and just choose different advanced classes. any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

JakeLightbearer
12.14.2011 , 08:38 PM | #2
If you want to be the same base class, Trooper/Bounty Hunter and Consular/Inquisitor give you both a healing AC and a tank AC.

Of course, just so you know, both force classes of a given faction start on the same planet, and both non-force classes start on the same planet, so you could be, say, a Trooper and a Smuggler, and still play together right from the start.

ReiperX
12.14.2011 , 09:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ctempone View Post
I plan on having a toon to level with my gf and was wondering what the best combo would be. I am thinking about us starting toons of the same class and just choose different advanced classes. any suggestions is greatly appreciated!
I would suggest two classes that start on the same zone.

By default, two of the same class can't be in a class story arc instance, while those are generally solo or just dialog things, it does seperate you. And some of the fights can get a little rough even solo (Khem Vel for example). So you'd end up doing some of those twice just to get credit for each one.

But if you were to do this, I would suggest a Consular or SI duo simply so you aren't sharing the same gear drops.
Sith Apprentice"Master, whats for dinner"
Sith Lord "Wookie steak"
Sith Apprentice "Is it any good?"
Sith Master "It's a little chewy" .

NightfallAU
12.15.2011 , 12:46 AM | #4
No question, Operative and Shadow (or the Republic counterparts), covers all three sides of the trinity, depending on spec, and you both get stealth.

The starter zone is pretty quick and easy anyway, not an issue.