Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting forced into Romance: Sorta spoiler

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Getting forced into Romance: Sorta spoiler

iamthehoyden
01.22.2013 , 08:12 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
If you can't see the difference between a click yes or no option for a simple game storyline and real life tragedy...well...
The point is that there is enough similiarty in the two that it is a potentially serious trigger for someone who has had that real life tragedy to find something like that in game.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Morgani
01.22.2013 , 09:00 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
That's probably one of the reasons for the fear of same-gender options. These bugs just create some truely awful situations. .
If I may back the conversation up a little, I'd like to address this. As far as being afraid to be 'forced into an SGR' I'd like to point out that Makeb will only have SGR options with NPCs. In order to get any romance progression or the possibility of a FtB with an NPC, you have specifically follow the [Flirt] options that are presented. Usually they are the second option on the conversation wheel. (Or first a lot in the case of Smuggler.)

If an NPC of the same sex flirts with your character, I'm very sure Bioware will have a "Uh... yeah, no thanks buddy" or a "That's real sweet sister, but no. Now, about my mission..." option. NPCs will not get around to a FtB if the [Flirt] options aren't chosen. I know early in my Smug quest I riled the crap out of Corso by flirting with another smuggler NPC. But in the conversation preceding the one that would seal the deal, I shut him down by choosing a non-flirt.

Another way to avoid seeing a same sex FtB in a non class setting is to level with a friend. Even flirts that have the option to go to FtB will not if there are two or more people in the group.
Spoiler

As far as companions go, when SGRs are enabled for companions there absolutely needs to be a 'No' option for every romantic conversation. There should already be a way to tell Jorgan there will be no nookie on the Thunderclap. Nadia's little sister romance needs to have a 'I'm sorry, I got carried away, this can't happen" option for people who change their minds. This unfortunately means a bit of revoicing, but what better time than at an expansion when new voice is being added?

This post got long. Sorry.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

jumay
01.23.2013 , 11:22 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Link (the one to an earlier BW response on the topic) is fixed, Tatile, thanks for pointing that out.
The sad thing is that people still have to complain about an 8 month old issue. This is why so many have concerns about how BW desires to handle sgr. We have no proof that they have changed they're thought process about romance arc story lines and available opt outs. They certainly are not in any hurry to clarify for anyone either

AbsolutGrndZero
01.24.2013 , 06:09 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post

I feel very strongly that the game should account for the player changing his or her mind, especially in light of the companions that drop horrific backstory or plot actions on you mid-line.
Spoiler
all gave me staggeringly unpalatable reveals immediately before Progressing The Romance Plot, or trying to. To progress a linear storyline that involves repeated sexual advances long after the player has asked to stop is...well, sick.
Spoiler
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

bright_ephemera
01.24.2013 , 06:22 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Spoiler
RE: Sith Warrior Act 3:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
01.24.2013 , 06:25 AM | #46
Bugs like these make the male companions in this game look like the "Nice Guys" from OKCupid (and other dating sites).

I'm wondering if anyone's reported this as a bug through the in-game portal? Anything come of it?

iamthehoyden
01.24.2013 , 01:25 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Bugs like these make the male companions in this game look like the "Nice Guys" from OKCupid (and other dating sites).

I'm wondering if anyone's reported this as a bug through the in-game portal? Anything come of it?
I know I reported the Tharan bug (where he seems to think that you had a fling and all your conversation options also indicate that YOU think you had a fling but no fling was had). Response: "has been forwarded to the department, thank you...blah blah" Closed. I would be willing to bet that these other ones have been reported too.
---------------

stuffystuffs
01.24.2013 , 03:25 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I know I reported the Tharan bug (where he seems to think that you had a fling and all your conversation options also indicate that YOU think you had a fling but no fling was had). Response: "has been forwarded to the department, thank you...blah blah" Closed. I would be willing to bet that these other ones have been reported too.
I reported it and some others did as well.

I'm not sure if it's fixed...I'm rerolling another Consular now but I don't plan on talking to Tharan tbh. That seems to be the only 'fix' for this atm (don't speak to them)...now that I've read this thread, I won't be talking to Jorgan when I roll a Trooper for sure, Legacy unlock be damned!!
Node guarder

iamthehoyden
01.24.2013 , 03:43 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I reported it and some others did as well.

I'm not sure if it's fixed...I'm rerolling another Consular now but I don't plan on talking to Tharan tbh. That seems to be the only 'fix' for this atm (don't speak to them)...now that I've read this thread, I won't be talking to Jorgan when I roll a Trooper for sure, Legacy unlock be damned!!
Ah, don't do that, Jorgan's a cool guy
If you don't want the romance, just make sure that on any conversation where there's a Flirt option or that sounds flirty, pick the option that is clearly 'no.' Edited to add: The writers don't seem to get the whole 'letting someone down gently' thing, so cold rejection is what you need here.
Jorgan conversation spoilers:
Spoiler
---------------

Stradlin
01.24.2013 , 04:14 PM | #50
My pure eternally celibate Knight managed to shake his sinful wench of an apprentice off fine enough. Rest of the game just assumes I didn't. Towards end of lord Scourge's storyline, he talks about my coming offspring. Dialogue wheel player gets is something along the lines of

/ I have humped many a lady
- I sure love humping them ladies
\ I cant wait to start humping them ladies

WHAT LADIES IM IN CELIBACY AAARGHH