Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting forced into Romance: Sorta spoiler

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Getting forced into Romance: Sorta spoiler

Cartumandua
01.24.2012 , 03:57 PM | #1
So in all the same sex attraction threads, people talk about being 'forced'

Well, I just had that happen to my male Jedi Counselor with Nadia Grell.

I have NEVER flirted with her. I have always tried to be polite and mentor like, and I ended up in a dialogue last night where "Get off me woman!" wasn't an option. Every option led her on, and we ended up kissing. It felt a little date-rapey.

What's up with that?

I'm happy for her to do my diplomacy missions, but young girls with bug antennae tattoos do NOT do it for me...

smartalectwo
01.24.2012 , 04:03 PM | #2
A quick tip for Jedi saddled with romantically-minded padawans - cut back on the force persuasion lessons.
There is no try.

Space_Chicken
01.24.2012 , 04:13 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Cartumandua View Post

I have NEVER flirted with her. I have always tried to be polite and mentor like, and I ended up in a dialogue last night where "Get off me woman!" wasn't an option. Every option led her on, and we ended up kissing. It felt a little date-rapey.

What's up with that?

I'm happy for her to do my diplomacy missions, but young girls with bug antennae tattoos do NOT do it for me...
Spoilers for the romance arc below

Spoiler

Zandilar
01.24.2012 , 04:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cartumandua View Post

What's up with that?

You might have just stumbled on a bug.

I had something similar happen with my (female) Consular. I had had normal conversations with Tharan, completely avoiding any flirtatious remarks, and then suddenly he wants to end our "liaison" as if we'd been in a romance. I went out of my way to avoid anything like that, so it came as a huge surprise. I sat there blinking at the screen for a good five minutes spluttering about it to my partner, before putting in a ticket. It has to have been a bug, as far as I'm concerned. The GM was pretty unhelpful, I have to say. Now I can't talk to Tharan without getting that conversation, which I shouldn't be having anyway.

I really don't think this was intended.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Ranadiel_Marius
01.24.2012 , 04:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Space_Chicken View Post
Spoilers for the romance arc below

Spoiler
Spoiler

Cartumandua
01.25.2012 , 12:05 PM | #6
That is annoying. In a normal quest if the clickable dialogue doesn't really match what comes out of your mouth, you can shrug and move on, but being polite without telling her to Sod off means you end up sexually involved?

There is a reason that some responses have a [Flirt] option, and they ought to use that for all dialogue that leads to sexual involvement.

Luminous_Being
01.21.2013 , 06:40 PM | #7
Ugh I just stepped into that as well. I thought "this is inappropriate" was too harsh. Is there any way to break up?

SithKoriandr
01.21.2013 , 07:15 PM | #8
My female BH had the same thing with Torian. Admittedly, she did a few flirt lines. Like one in the beginning, two calling him arm candy (it didnt say it was a flirt option, but I'll look at it as one), and then a third that I had the options of (at least appeared to be) "No desire to learn Mandolorian" "No desire to learn Mandolorian" "Yes I want to learn Mandolorian alone with you. *Flirt*"

the rest played out as "we're in a relationship now!" but luckily I got the option to turn him down on the marriage, and decided to just call him a fling my BH had while she keeps her true feelings hidden away, as she's to afraid to speak up!

What? I'm running with that they gave me to work with

bright_ephemera
01.22.2013 , 09:12 AM | #9
Once you have tripped the romance line - and I think Nadia and, I've heard, Jorgan have stealth non-[Flirt] triggers - you cannot leave. There's an old petition to let us, you know, break up with our companion characters and maybe not be bombarded with kisses, propositions, proposals and so on forever more, but as the game stands, once you've started one of the full romances (i.e. not Tharan or Pierce) you don't get to stop.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
You might have just stumbled on a bug.

I had something similar happen with my (female) Consular. I had had normal conversations with Tharan, completely avoiding any flirtatious remarks, and then suddenly he wants to end our "liaison" as if we'd been in a romance.
In Tharan's case, that conversation opener is, I believe, a bug. Fortunately once he's finished his hilarious explanation of why "it has to end," he doesn't bring it up again, regardless of whether you encourage him or don't. He isn't a full romance, just an optional one-night stand with, it seems, a non-optional followup mention.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Path-x
01.22.2013 , 02:40 PM | #10
Hahaha.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.