Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What makes Boba Fett so great?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion

Screaming_Ziva
01.24.2012 , 12:32 PM | #1
This is something that I have never figured out. Why do people think Boba Fett was so great and that he's the coolest? What did he really do in the movies? He flew out with the trash and followed the Millennium Falcon to Bespin. That's pretty much it besides getting eaten by the Sarlaac.

I know there's books and comics but Fett was popular even before all those came out.

I just don't get it.

Valsdad
01.24.2012 , 12:41 PM | #2
He had a jet pack
Overtrebel, a right and proper scoundrel

georgemattson
01.24.2012 , 12:53 PM | #3
Because of this:

Back from the dead, ***holes!

Somebody get me a sock.

Noczod
01.24.2012 , 12:55 PM | #4
I think people liked him because he was mysterious he had the Bad *** persona about him. He pretty much was the guy that wouldnt take **** from anyone even the empire or the Sith.

Bobinator
01.24.2012 , 12:58 PM | #5
He doesnt have force powers, eliminating mary sue special sparkly rainbow power force thing.

Making him one my favorites...

OH and he survived the Sarlacc...crawled out after he was considered "INEDIBLE" by the Sarlacc because he was such a ****** man with brass balls for testees.
As of right now, i'm rash free.

Racheakt
01.24.2012 , 01:03 PM | #6
Think of it a a juxtaposition thing; When Lano meekly complained about Vader altering his deal, Vader responded "Pray I don't alter it further", When Fett protested with a little more force "He is of no use to me dead" -- Vader didn't say "tough deal with it, this is my terms" he said "I will see to it you are compensated"

DNA_Cowboy
01.24.2012 , 01:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Because I had to send away for him to Kenner with my proofs of purchase
"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Nissin
01.24.2012 , 01:22 PM | #8
Besides beating Vader in a fight on Maryx Minor what else do you need to know about Boba Fett? Dude is straight ****** and takes **** from no one and basically told Vader f-you with no repercussions.

Then he turns around later and helps Vader so they have a sort of professional respect for each other.
Nissin
Something Novel

Wolfninjajedi
01.24.2012 , 01:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobinator View Post
He doesnt have force powers, eliminating mary sue special sparkly rainbow power force thing.

Making him one my favorites...

OH and he survived the Sarlacc...crawled out after he was considered "INEDIBLE" by the Sarlacc because he was such a ****** man with brass balls for testees.
He may not have force powers, but he still has turned into a gary sue by the fans/authors.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TItanten
01.24.2012 , 01:36 PM | #10
He's the epitome of a noob.

Great gear, max level, but still dies to a static AOE.