Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Explanations for "Stormtrooper Aim" [Either serious or not]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Explanations for "Stormtrooper Aim" [Either serious or not]

Guildrum's Avatar


Guildrum
01.23.2012 , 03:58 PM | #1
So, how do you rationalize the notorious Stormtrooper Aim? How through 3 movies, a massive army of Stormtroopers can in total, once injure a main character, on the shoulder. This could be a serious one or not, but here's mine:

The Stormtrooper's primary stat is Aim, but Darth Vader keeps giving them strength gear.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.23.2012 , 04:16 PM | #2
They also hit R2. But here it goes, being serious.

Stormtroopers are inaccurate in the movies because they were under orders.

1. In ANH they are let go so that the Empire can find the rebel base on Yavin IV

2. In ESB they are let go so that the Executor can capture the Falcon, thus capturing the recently rescued Luke Skywalker.

Now on endor they have no special orders, which is why we see Leia get injured and R2 get hit. But thats just my view.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

AbelMorvant's Avatar


AbelMorvant
01.23.2012 , 04:17 PM | #3
I say the clone project was a failure in the long term. They live up to expectations but reach a certain age where something just goes retarded in their biology and they become somewhat stupid and sucky.

That's also the same reason why Jango Fett was a super awesome jedi killer and Boba Fett was just an inobservant snitch that got knocked into a sarlaac pit 3 stooges style.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.23.2012 , 04:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AbelMorvant View Post
I say the clone project was a failure in the long term. They live up to expectations but reach a certain age where something just goes retarded in their biology and they become somewhat stupid and sucky.

That's also the same reason why Jango Fett was a super awesome jedi killer and Boba Fett was just an inobservant snitch that got knocked into a sarlaac pit 3 stooges style.
By the OT majority of stormtroopers were just regular humans, very little clones(even if there were different clones, they were not from the same template) and the only true clone legion throughout all the movies is the 501st. So it can't be because of biology.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

AbelMorvant's Avatar


AbelMorvant
01.23.2012 , 04:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
By the OT majority of stormtroopers were just regular humans, very little clones(even if there were different clones, they were not from the same template) and the only true clone legion throughout all the movies is the 501st. So it can't be because of biology.
Not saying you're wrong, but where is this stated?

And if that's the case then maybe the Empire didn't have very strict criteria for someone to enlist as a storm trooper.

"I see you don't mind getting shot at, I think your just the type of man we need!"

Doomla's Avatar


Doomla
01.23.2012 , 04:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AbelMorvant View Post
I say the clone project was a failure in the long term. They live up to expectations but reach a certain age where something just goes retarded in their biology and they become somewhat stupid and sucky.

That's also the same reason why Jango Fett was a super awesome jedi killer and Boba Fett was just an inobservant snitch that got knocked into a sarlaac pit 3 stooges style.
and I quote, "fought his way out of the sarlacc pit, and spent the next 10 years recovering from the injuries" he didn't die, it's canon.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.23.2012 , 04:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AbelMorvant View Post
Not saying you're wrong, but where is this stated?

And if that's the case then maybe the Empire didn't have very strict criteria for someone to enlist as a storm trooper.

"I see you don't mind getting shot at, I think your just the type of man we need!"
"By the time the Galactic Civil War began in earnest, Jango Fett's clones were heavily supplanted by clones based on a variety of templates around 9 BBY, followed shortly after by enlisted Humans. Thus, the Fett clones were ironically reduced to a minority status after years of virtually filling the stormtrooper ranks in its entirety. "

and no the Empire did have very strict criteria in order to become a stormtrooper you had to be a certain height and weight, this is why they are all the same height and such. The movies don't really do stormtroopers justice except for the 1st scene aboard the Tantive IV, you really need to read the lore behind them and see they are really elite.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

AbelMorvant's Avatar


AbelMorvant
01.23.2012 , 04:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomla View Post
and I quote, "fought his way out of the sarlacc pit, and spent the next 10 years recovering from the injuries" he didn't die, it's canon.
I didn't say he died, but only reason why he survived was his armor.

All I implied really is that Boba's death was ridiculous

TheRealBrave's Avatar


TheRealBrave
01.23.2012 , 05:07 PM | #9
Plot Armor, it's not complicated.

Mr_Bald's Avatar


Mr_Bald
01.23.2012 , 06:48 PM | #10
Because Jango Fett was a bounty Hunter skilled in the use of a blaster pistol. Stormtroopers are given blaster rifles so they can't perform well. Even if all those guys have Aim as a main stat the difference of the weapon weighs a lot.
I find my lack of a good PC disturbing.