Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Best Solo Class?


Sleipnerpig's Avatar


Sleipnerpig
12.30.2011 , 07:25 AM | #21
The marauder is the best for solo playing i think. U have Vette that is a great range Tank that holds aggro pretty well, while u easely can DPS down the target from behind using any skills u want. works great on Elites and class bosses.

derekreevs's Avatar


derekreevs
01.01.2012 , 02:22 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sleipnerpig View Post
The marauder is the best for solo playing i think. U have Vette that is a great range Tank that holds aggro pretty well, while u easely can DPS down the target from behind using any skills u want. works great on Elites and class bosses.
I level'd a sith warrior to level 12 and went jugg. Then decided "SoB. I wanted to DW lightsabers. Screw this"

So I level'd a BH Merc (currently level 21).

Then I thought, you know what? I still want to DW lightsabers. So I leveled a sith warrior again, and went to marauder. . . . He is level 11 and will most likely stay there because I feel super weak with him (and Vette hates me. Im at like -50 rep with the stupid B-hotch)

Jmotivator's Avatar


Jmotivator
01.03.2012 , 11:08 AM | #23
My Trooper Commando gets heals from Elara Dorne while she wears a Princess Leia bikini. End of story.

Bead's Avatar


Bead
01.03.2012 , 11:21 AM | #24
Level 50 tactics vanguard. Once I got Dorne I barely had to rest at all, was usually toped off and with the tactics ammo and minimal ammo management I usually had close to or max ammo after every pull.


I tried using other companion but they just didn't measure up.

Windkull's Avatar


Windkull
01.03.2012 , 02:41 PM | #25
I didn't get my heal companion until level 42 on my Assassin so I guess that might be a bad one, but I've been able to solo heroic +2 all the way and even the heroic +4s that don't require killing just by stealthing and vanish/sprinting away...

Urothefox's Avatar


Urothefox
01.03.2012 , 03:14 PM | #26
Operatives are pretty awesome solo. With a few exceptions (and barring 4 person quests), I've been able to handle everything the game has been able to dish out.

Tiresias's Avatar


Tiresias
01.03.2012 , 03:36 PM | #27
Kinetic Shadow/Darkness Assassin.

Not only are you an incredibly durable tank with a decent amount of self-healing and excellent single-target and AoE damage output, but you can stealth into area and CC mobs to speed up your questing.

I just got done soloing a Heroic-4 quest by stealthing through the area to the back of the cave, killing the boss enemy with the help of my companion, and stealthing out.

Earlier I completed another Heroic-4 area solo by stealthing into the area, Mind Mazing the enemies guarding the items I needed, and stealthing out.

So you can use stealth and CC to speed up your questing by avoiding trash pulls, and you can tank down a ton of encounters with the help of your healing companion. Your raw kill rate will be slower than using a DPS class, but you will be able to simply avoid a lot of needless fighting.

You also get some great escape abilities for when you overpull or get adds, two stuns, some powerful damage reduction cooldowns, and Force Pull to separate pulls.

Kinetic Shadow has been the best leveling experience I've had in any MMO. Usually stealth classes are made of paper and, though they can GET to quest objectives quickly, they cannot actually COMPLETE many of them because they cannot deal with tough enemies well. Playing a stealth tank with a healing companion resolves this issue nicely.

Urothefox's Avatar


Urothefox
01.03.2012 , 03:41 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Kinetic Shadow/Darkness Assassin.

Not only are you an incredibly durable tank with a decent amount of self-healing and excellent single-target and AoE damage output, but you can stealth into area and CC mobs to speed up your questing.

I just got done soloing a Heroic-4 quest by stealthing through the area to the back of the cave, killing the boss enemy with the help of my companion, and stealthing out.

Earlier I completed another Heroic-4 area solo by stealthing into the area, Mind Mazing the enemies guarding the items I needed, and stealthing out.

So you can use stealth and CC to speed up your questing by avoiding trash pulls, and you can tank down a ton of encounters with the help of your healing companion. Your raw kill rate will be slower than using a DPS class, but you will be able to simply avoid a lot of needless fighting.

You also get some great escape abilities for when you overpull or get adds, two stuns, some powerful damage reduction cooldowns, and Force Pull to separate pulls.

Kinetic Shadow has been the best leveling experience I've had in any MMO. Usually stealth classes are made of paper and, though they can GET to quest objectives quickly, they cannot actually COMPLETE many of them because they cannot deal with tough enemies well. Playing a stealth tank with a healing companion resolves this issue nicely.
Which Heroic-4s were those? I'd be interested in trying them out on my Operative

Tiresias's Avatar


Tiresias
01.03.2012 , 03:49 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Urothefox View Post
Which Heroic-4s were those? I'd be interested in trying them out on my Operative
The first one was Terror Brigade on Hoth. There are actually 4 bosses to kill, but none of them were a challenge to me. I was able to stealth past the large elite pulls using Mind Maze, Blackout, and Force Speed.

The second one was the Area-4 quest on Hoth that is actually a chain. The first part involves killing groups of elites, but I handled that by taking on the smaller groups in the area by myself.

Mind you, I was several levels over these areas, but largely because I ran Flashpoints and do space combat every day.

Urothefox's Avatar


Urothefox
01.03.2012 , 03:52 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
The first one was Terror Brigade on Hoth. There are actually 4 bosses to kill, but none of them were a challenge to me. I was able to stealth past the large elite pulls using Mind Maze, Blackout, and Force Speed.

The second one was the Area-4 quest on Hoth that is actually a chain. The first part involves killing groups of elites, but I handled that by taking on the smaller groups in the area by myself.

Mind you, I was several levels over these areas, but largely because I ran Flashpoints and do space combat every day.
Awesome. Thanks for the info.