Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Solo Class?

Riulassher
12.15.2011 , 02:35 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MetallicaRulez View Post

While the Commando is AMAZING for soloing random groups of weak enemies because they have such ridiculous AoE damage, they really struggle with ranged Elites until L18+. Aric Jorgan is easily the worst starting companion in the game. I guess if you go Medic, it's super easy, but it would also be extremely slow.

My main is a Commando, currently level 19.
I don't remember having problems with elites during stress test beta and I made it to level 18...did something change?

I let Aric attack first and then we killed the elite before Aric passed out...or shortly after he fell.

Solantharius
12.15.2011 , 02:45 AM | #12
Yeah any class can solo just fine really. Personally I leveled a pure DPS Gunslinger to 50 multiple times throughout the beta and everytime I solely used a DPS companion while doing so. Never used a healing or tank companion, and I soloed Heroic 2's, some 4's, and even multiple boss quality mobs my entire way to 50.
Kataro - 50 Gunslinger - Hammerfist Clan
50 Gunslinger PVP (Beta)

"Reality is but a figment of our collective imaginations." -N.E.S.

livewood
12.15.2011 , 02:57 AM | #13
Bounty Hunter
Reason: Good damage, good cc Starts With Healing Companion, great story

Apollonel
12.15.2011 , 03:33 AM | #14
i'm guessing any tank once u get your healer companion.
Legion of Lettow / Lord Calypho. EU
<◙w◙◙w◙(▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
"had to be me, someone else might have gotten it wrong "

DizzD
12.15.2011 , 06:26 AM | #15
Most classes/AC's in beta were pretty easy button IMO with the exception being Sentinel/Marauder.

Both were still pretty easy to solo up to the mid levels, they just required more effort and yielded lesser results than any other AC.
Darth Dizmal
<Sithit>
Shadowlands
Moar Pew Pew

Amarath
12.15.2011 , 07:27 AM | #16
MERC or PT hands down u get heavy armor, a healing comp, heals merc, tank stances pt, and tons of damage. aoe and single.

Archaegeo
12.15.2011 , 07:48 AM | #17
Sage solo's Republic's Most Wanted (+2) at 11 and can drop the black market boss robot in the herioc area at 14. Just my experience.
INVICTUS
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Polygome
12.15.2011 , 07:55 AM | #18
Solo.

Han Solo.

Ergo, Smuggler.

Bossdwarf
12.15.2011 , 08:44 AM | #19
All of the classes are relatively viable for soloing, so really personal preference is the most important factor.

One option to consider is the Smuggler Scoundrel. Self healing is a big plus, and the stealth abilities are nice for avoiding sections that otherwise might bog you down with multiple fights.
“Evacuate in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.”

Gelos
12.15.2011 , 09:27 AM | #20
The Sage is pretty good, but you end up depending on your companion a LOT. And the Companion is fugly as all heck (shouldn't be an issue..but just saying) :-\

The thing is, compared to the other classes the Sage is kinda slow to kill things. You may find yourself Crowd Controlling a group, then finishing off the mob caught in the whirlwind. And you may not die...

BUt then you watch a Guardian or a Trooper on that same group and they are through it in less than half the time.

And for Solo Levelling, SPEED of levelling in my view is very important.

So you want a class that combines Speed of levelling with survivability. This is why people always claimed in WOW that the Hunter was the best leveller. You did great damage, and could survive encounters. Now with SWTOR ALL classes are hunters, essentially, because of the Companion System.

But not all Classes get good companions early on. And you might be well advanced in levels before you are able to get the companion you need/Want. That's why people say the Bounty Hunter is one of the best for levelling. Because early on you get a little Heal Bot that can heal you while you Tank stuff, which is a great synergy from level 10 all the way up. Other Classes get companions that may be less suited to their chosen AC.

For example, as a Jedi Knight Guardian you may want a strong DPS companion while you Tank, but you are given T7 who himself does best as a Tank.

I would say from start to Finish the Bounty Hunter would be easiest to level early on because of its starting Companion.

Sage is very survivable with its Companion, but would not kill as quickly as the Jedi Sentinel or even Vigilance Specced Guardian. Once the Companion falls, you are toast as your health drops extremely quickly under fire.

The Trooper is the Republic Mirror of the Bounty Hunter, but it does not start off with a healing companion. I would pick a Trooper Commando or the equivalent for the Bounty Hunter if I was interested in smooth, fast, PVE levelling as a Solo Player

Those are the classes I have experience with right now :-)

I have a Jedi Sentinel, and that's going well enough with judicious use of Cooldowns and depending heavily on T7 taking the damage.