Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Solo Class?

Spagetto
12.14.2011 , 05:32 PM | #1
I have unreliable playing times so I often end up solo. What is a good class for solo survivability and dps on the Republic side? Commando / Medic?

BenderBending
12.14.2011 , 06:24 PM | #2
Jedi Sage/Sith Sorcerer is pretty good for soloing. The first companion they get is a melee tank, and the player can do respectable ranged DPS as well as bubble/heal their tank.

hooty
12.14.2011 , 07:54 PM | #3
Sage was the "easiest" Republic solo class for me personally in beta. I don't know if that makes it the "best", but I had a LOT of fun with it. The pace can be slow depending on how you play it. In beta I found this class to have the highest occurrence of other PCs joining in my fights (either accidentally or intentionally). Some times they'd be like "looked like you could use some help", and I'd be "well that fight took a long time but neither health bar ever went below 90% so it wasn't like I was in any danger Plus I was eating supper at the same time.". Actually made some friends that way. Doesn't bother me but I mention it because lots of other players told me that kind of thing bothers them. So if you roll a sage and play at a leisurely pace I'd expect these things to happen.
Tabris Legacy @ The Ebon Hawk
Yes, it is SW(KO)TOR. I like it that way, except when I don't.

Toogeloo
12.14.2011 , 07:56 PM | #4
Pretty much anyone can solo regular content with ease. Heroic+2 is a little stickier, but doable if you are careful, but only up to about level 18 or so... gets a lot more difficult to solo Heroic+2 after that.

I was able to solo Heroic+2 with Vanguard and Aric by having Aric engage first and us dpsing down the weak enemies first. Then I would taunt the mobs off him and tank the rest while he dpsed them down.

Aaoogaa
12.14.2011 , 08:23 PM | #5
The easiest healer to solo with would be the sage or scoundrel since they both start with tanks. That being said any AC is solo friendly with the ease of this game.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

Evuke
12.14.2011 , 09:01 PM | #6
Juggernaut/Guardian with a healing companion

Faolon
12.14.2011 , 11:53 PM | #7
The easiest are the ones that can spec heals and have a tank pet, or the ones that can spec tank and have a heal pet.

So... all of them.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

Darth_Precursor
12.14.2011 , 11:57 PM | #8
Classes that have either a tank or healer companion. Preferably a tank.
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion

Ignobull
12.15.2011 , 12:35 AM | #9
commando all the way bro, best class for solo and yes I have played them all

MetallicaRulez
12.15.2011 , 12:37 AM | #10
Jedi Sage for Republic and Bounty Hunter of either AC for Empire. You want a combination of a tank/dps and heals as quickly as possible. Sage can heal and their first companion is a tank. BH can tank or DPS and their first companion is a healer.

Any class is fine though. It's not like one is WAY better than the other, it's really only the early game where there's an obvious advantage for classes with good starter companions like Mako and Qyzen Fess.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ignobull View Post
commando all the way bro, best class for solo and yes I have played them all
While the Commando is AMAZING for soloing random groups of weak enemies because they have such ridiculous AoE damage, they really struggle with ranged Elites until L18+. Aric Jorgan is easily the worst starting companion in the game. I guess if you go Medic, it's super easy, but it would also be extremely slow.

My main is a Commando, currently level 19.