Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Don't hold any hopes on bioware fixing Republic disadvantages

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Don't hold any hopes on bioware fixing Republic disadvantages

Redsuns_
01.22.2012 , 01:32 AM | #1
In my whole experience of playing mmorpgs, i have almost never seen devs actually fixing any faction unfairness. Most are set in stone in design. They don't care a damm if A skill is faster than B or A zone is easier than B zone. All these are on the LOWEST priority. Even bioware has said Project issue is on low priority which they will look into IN THE FUTURE.

Judging by the huge amt of bugs and improvements that need to be done in swtor, its going to be a long long wait.

All republic players should just quit and stop being the step child of bioware and playthings for the empire.

DenverRalphy
01.22.2012 , 01:33 AM | #2
And yet... you didn't mention one single issue or bug that reflects what makes republic suffer in favor of imperial.

Redsuns_
01.22.2012 , 01:35 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DenverRalphy View Post
And yet... you didn't mention one single issue or bug that reflects what makes republic suffer in favor of imperial.

why waste my time. There are hundreds of such threads everyday. Go search yrself.

Explosive_Lasers
01.22.2012 , 01:36 AM | #4
They aren't going to bother fixing people's preferences, or trying to force people to do something they don't want to.

I play Republic, and I'm glad. I wouldn't want to feel like I needed a bone tossed to me to compete with the enemy.
"Bet you heard we ain't in the pris'ner takin' bisness. We in the killin' Imperial bisness." -Me, before every Warzone

Quote: Originally Posted by Kabjat View Post
Explosive, you always make so much sense. And here as well you do not disappoint.

YourFutureEx
01.22.2012 , 01:41 AM | #5
Here's a fix for people like you:

Logout of the game

Delete your toons, all of them

Uninstall the game

Go play WoW (because factions are exactly equal over there.)

You're welcome.

Redsuns_
01.22.2012 , 01:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Explosive_Lasers View Post
They aren't going to bother fixing people's preferences, or trying to force people to do something they don't want to.
Some examples like

Empire instant skill vs Republic delayed animation

Republic dirty kick that roots the player for 1 sec vs Empire smooth animation

you call these preferences? No wonder republic suck balls in pvp. Hell, the players can't even notice the flaws if you shoved it into their faces.

DirtyDiggler
01.22.2012 , 01:42 AM | #7
I think this is a server issue, because on my server the rep side is alive and kicking and on illum have been steamrolling. I'm speaking of population imbalance of course.

Redsuns_
01.22.2012 , 01:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by YourFutureEx View Post
Here's a fix for people like you:

Logout of the game

Delete your toons, all of them

Uninstall the game

Go play WoW (because factions are exactly equal over there.)

You're welcome.
Yup i hope every republicans will just leave and let empire kids play huttball all day.

DenverRalphy
01.22.2012 , 01:43 AM | #9
A bunch of hyperbole and no substance.

I play toons on both sides, on the same server, and it always comes down to which side has their act together vs the other.

Republic isn't gimped vs Imperial, and vice-versa.

PibbyPib
01.22.2012 , 01:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Redsuns_ View Post
Some examples like
Republic dirty kick that roots the player for 1 sec vs Empire smooth animation
OMG that really is devastatingly game-destroying! What a massive, unbalancing inequality!!! A whole second! One one whole skill?! Used by an entire class?! The hell you say!