Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to acquire Conductive Flux: Crafting Material for Armstech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
How to acquire Conductive Flux: Crafting Material for Armstech?

CassKarma
01.20.2012 , 07:12 PM | #1
Hey All,

I'm wondering if someone can help me out with how to obtain Conductive Flux which it says is of type Crafting Material.

Im a bounty hunter with Armstech, Scavenging, and Investigation but none of the skills allow me to get this specific material needed.

Is Crafting Flux a higher level Investigation or Scavenging item such as a grade 2 or 3? (Currently at grade 2 item yields with Scavenging and Grade 1 with Investigation for these skills)

The item i am trying to create is a 'Reflex Barrel 5' which requires Laminoid, Aluminium, (Grade 1 scavenged metals) and Conductive Flux (crafting material).

Still getting my head around the crafting side of things here.

Thanks for any suggestions with this.

drakeborn
01.20.2012 , 07:13 PM | #2
Tier 1 scavenging missions or buy it from the Crew Skills Vendor.

Sirvhim
01.20.2012 , 07:15 PM | #3
There are crafting material vendors that sell flux, there's one at the fleet in the crafting training area. At some point you can also get flux from scavenging missions, though only the higher level ones I think.

CassKarma
01.20.2012 , 07:17 PM | #4
Cool ill check out the vendors. Thanks for your help!

GateKeeper-York
01.20.2012 , 07:17 PM | #5
It is found in tier 2 Underworld Trading

Counterintel
01.20.2012 , 08:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GateKeeper-York View Post
It is found in tier 2 Underworld Trading
100% incorrect.

Flux are obtained via scavenging missions or the crew skills vendor in the various main city hubs.

at low levels, its typically more economical to buy it from the vendor (cost per flux is on par or negligible from cost per mission per yield of flux )

higher levels like tier 4, 5, and 6, you definitely need to do the missions.

I send one of my companions out on flux missions every time to ensure my tier 6 crafting isnt hindered by it.

That is until I realized that most gear producing crew skills are worthless, and i was not the 2 people on my server to be lucky enough to RE epic leve 49 items for every slot for every spec already, SO YEAH NOT WORTH IT.

But thats another complaint for another thread for another time.
“She’s ‘lost the will to live’? What is your degree in? Poetry?! You sorry bunch of hippies! For God’s sake, don’t use the billions of dollars of medical equipment around us! Why don't we just get down on our knees and pray?! WE DONT HAVE KNEES MOTH#*$&#^@!!” -Dr. Ball, Imperial Medical Probe