Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best And Worst Class Story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best And Worst Class Story?

NyanC
07.12.2012 , 09:44 PM | #241
Best: Trooper
2nd best: Agent

Worst: Jedi (Both)

Ivar_Tiorstien
10.06.2012 , 07:58 AM | #242
I would say honestly on the empire side my favorite so far is the warrior. least favorite is without a doubt the ****** cliche commando story for the republic. but hey what do I know I've only gotten far with two toons, but I have started the agent since I saw so many damn posts about the story being good and I agree its very well written which is something i didn't expect but hey woo hoo!! swtor rocks
Chang chang chang

masterepic
11.03.2012 , 02:04 PM | #243
I really liked Inquisitor and BH stories; hated the Consular and Knight though.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. There is no death, there is the Force. The Force shall free me.

LostInReverie
11.05.2012 , 12:04 PM | #244
I've only played Consular story to completion so far, getting really close with my Sith Warrior too. As for the Consular, the story is all right. I'm always going to be attached to my Shadow and her story though, because she is the first character I ever made. Her story was definitely slow at times, but I think that fit with being a Consular. She's a diplomat and a mediator, not an action hero like the Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior.

Speaking of Sith Warrior, I've enjoyed the story so far. I'm in the beginning of Chapter 3 right now. So far it's been fun. I think Chapter 1 is really strong but Chapter 2 not so much. I have high hopes for Chapter 3 though and an exciting conclusion.

I've got a level 10 Trooper and a level 17 Imperial Agent. Yeah, the Trooper's story seems a little cheesy at first, but I can appreciate the corniness. The Imperial Agent story is completely addicting though. My Sniper is drawing me away from finishing my Marauder's story. Oopsies.
THE CALLISTO LEGACY (JC)
THE SOLARIS LEGACY (EH)
55s - Melusine
55s- Ilaria / Drusīlla

happysister
11.05.2012 , 06:44 PM | #245
in my opinion...so far

best = smuggler
worst = trooper

not that i dislike the trooper story. it's good, and i like the companions you get. it's just made the least impact on me so far, though i have yet to finish chapter 3.

smuggler by far was the most addicting story to me. i loved the humor and all the one liners. not to mention, the female smuggler's voice is absolutely brilliant.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

oakamp
11.05.2012 , 07:27 PM | #246
best: BH
second: SI

worst: consular
second: agent
English is not my first language, still working on it.

MusicRider
11.06.2012 , 07:37 AM | #247
All stories have good and bad parts. For example in the knight's story the transition from chap1 to chap2 is ridiculously fast, as from being a padawan you are called to do what you have to do. Consular's story, chap1 is yawn, but the rest of the chapters are cool; and basically fit with the role of a consular. Also the sith's stories fit with their role, both warrior and inquisitor. In some respects it seems that the jedi's and sith's stories are "inspired" by a char in the movies imo. Knight=Luke, consular=Qui-gon/Owi-wan, warrior=Vader, inquisitor=Palpatine.

Smuggler's is not my favourite, contrary to agent's which is good. Started the bounty's and seems good from start. Not a clue about trooper's. Imo this class should not even exist given the period in the star wars timeline that swtor takes place.

Thylbanus
11.06.2012 , 09:40 AM | #248
I'll just rank them all in order

1. Agent
2. Trooper
3. Sith Warrior
4. Jedi Knight
5. Sith Inquisitor
6. Bounty Hunter
7. Jedi Consular
8. Smuggler
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Danicony
11.08.2012 , 11:38 AM | #249
After recently playing through the Sith Warrior story I must say I absolutely love it, especially the female voice. I always got the feeling that what I did mattered for the empire, and I swear, at some points SWTOR was a RPG and not an ORPG.

I am currently on my second warr now, first one I went "whatever floated my boat at the moment" and sometimes you got that lapdog feel, but I think that would perfectly resemble how a sith apprentice actually feels towards his/her master. Next playthrough I'll roll more neutral options, which, at the few times I picked em proved to lead to intruiging chat options.

Worst, jedi consular. I have nothing new to add on this discussion so I'll just leave it at that.

jealouspirate
11.09.2012 , 09:25 PM | #250
I was hugely disappointed with the Smuggler story. They should just rename the class "Republic Bounty Hunter" because it has nothing to do with being a Smuggler.

The story starts off great, but the entire premise of Act 1 is flawed because it can never pay off. The end is very, very anti-climatic.

For the rest of the story you're literally just a mercenary for the Republic, killing stuff, that's it. If you're hoping for a true Smuggler/Firefly like experience, this isn't it.

Edit: Smuggler also has Corso Riggs, who is the most insufferable NPC I've ever encountered.