Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DDE to CE Question

Glowrod
12.14.2011 , 03:34 PM | #1
I originally pre-ordered the DDE version but today I decided that I want the CE instead. Im I able to transfer the DDE key to someone else to create an account with and upgrade my account to CE, or will I have to lose the DDE to upgrade?

VIP Lounge Member

GrolschUK
12.14.2011 , 03:37 PM | #2
I think that will be a call to CS to ask, but would probably wait until after the launch busy period has died down, unless you want to wait for 3 hours on hold.

Glowrod
12.14.2011 , 03:40 PM | #3
I bet they'll be busy!

I just mail ordered the CE version today for normal delivery speed so it won't be here any time soon any ways.

VIP Lounge Member

VanCarak
12.14.2011 , 03:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Glowrod View Post
I originally pre-ordered the DDE version but today I decided that I want the CE instead. Im I able to transfer the DDE key to someone else to create an account with and upgrade my account to CE, or will I have to lose the DDE to upgrade?
Well, if you make a new account, and give the old one to someone else, it has the pre-order code items registered with it, so that could solve the question.

Otherwise you need to cancel your DDE Order to upgrade.

That's my working knowledge of the subject anyway.
Cathar? Pshaw! That's so last patch. Give us Shistavanen, or give us Death!

Osanna
12.14.2011 , 03:44 PM | #5
From what i read on pre-forum wipe threads, all you will have to do is enter your CD Key for the CE over the top of your existing DDE Key, and it will automatically upgrade.

I would although contact customer service anyway to confirm this, as You would not want to mess up your existing account needlessly.

Hope that helps.
Infinite Sun OSANNA
Recruiting for The Republic!http://www.infinitesun.com
BETA TESTER / EGA VIP / CE VIP

Rugo
12.14.2011 , 03:44 PM | #6
As long as you haven't redeemed your dde game code (not the pre-order code), you can use that on another account.

Dasffion
12.14.2011 , 03:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rugo View Post
As long as you haven't redeemed your dde game code (not the pre-order code), you can use that on another account.
This but finding a CE at this time is probably going to be rather difficult.

Glowrod
12.14.2011 , 03:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
This but finding a CE at this time is probably going to be rather difficult.
GameStop seemed to have them, but then I haven't gotten a ship notice yet so...

VIP Lounge Member

Glowrod
12.14.2011 , 03:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Osanna View Post
From what i read on pre-forum wipe threads, all you will have to do is enter your CD Key for the CE over the top of your existing DDE Key, and it will automatically upgrade.

I would although contact customer service anyway to confirm this, as You would not want to mess up your existing account needlessly.

Hope that helps.
I have no doubt that this will successfully upgrade the account, but this would also trash the DDE. I'm hoping to find a way to pull the DDE off the account and give it to a friend so that the $80 isn't wasted. Will have to call CS when/if my CE arrives.

VIP Lounge Member

Akalet
12.14.2011 , 03:52 PM | #10
http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q399959

Their FAQ says that you can upgrade your edition at any time.

I did the same as you and searched for this answer for a while.