Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Noob question, how do you guys control your character?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Noob question, how do you guys control your character?

OSUNightfall
12.14.2011 , 04:16 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Acrimonus View Post
In WoW it was possible to strafe at a slight angle and maintain block/dodge/parry coverage while moving much quicker than back pedalling. Jump spinning was also a fun way to maintain coverage by jumping to face the mob on hit while maintaining full forward motion in the opposite direction. You spent very little time facing away from the boss and kept motion in another direction by bunny hopping. This was my favourite method of pulling bosses quickly.

That being said, being an experienced tank for many, many years, there is a time and a place for back pedalling. Sudden quick movements are not beneficial for the raid when a small readjustment is required, back pedalling is perfect for this. Lag can cause some mobs to overcompensate for your movements as well causing them to end up beside or behind you if you do a sudden but short motion so instead, you back pedal.
You said it better than I did. I didn't mean to imply I never used strafing or jump spin to tank. But there is a time and a place for every tool. I do find that occasionally backpedal is that tool.