Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Popular class types

Faolon
12.14.2011 , 03:46 PM | #11
I've noticed a ton of everything, as long as it's DPS.
Lots of Mercenaries, Sorcerers, Commandos and Sages.

None of them are healers.

A rather surprising number of Imperial Agents, though. I figured there would be fewer of them than Bounty Hunters. I was wrong. They outnumber BHs. Still fewer in number than Inquisitors and Warriors, though.

So few healers and tanks around. More tanks than healers, as I've rarely been the only tank in a group.
However, I've decided to test latency on different servers and will most likely reroll as the server I was on was laggy for me. So I may switch to heals.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

OuroborosX
12.14.2011 , 05:35 PM | #12
I will play SI or IA/Operative.

And I DESPISE that these classes are so popular *sadface*

Mainly because I dont care about powergaming but roleplaying. And I love the "Evil deceptive cruel and arrogant elitist hatred" attitude of SI. My second choice, also based on RP was the imperial agent, because here aswell deception and other indirect evil intentions and manipulation has its place.

Now I have two classes that fits my roleplaying need and personality. But these are still to be - the most played classes by the looks of it. Even if I dont care about how powerful they are.

My prediction was Sith marauder and bounty hunter would be the FoTM classes. Seems I were wrong.

I will still choose SI or IA/O despite all this though - because one rule applies to gaming as with your line of work irl; If you are BEST at what you do, numbers wont matter that much - youll still be wanted.

Imagine a thousand lawyers. Who ends up at the top despite their numbers? The best. And Im confident enough in myself to realize that even if SI and IA/O may be FoTM and overpopulated - I will still be highly sought after.

nonjedichampion
12.14.2011 , 05:46 PM | #13
So...I'm not going to let out too much of the secret but.....lets just say Operatives/Scoundrels get VERY interesting around level 20. Hands down, they are the single target DPS nightmare if they time their burst. Nothing better then popping out of stealth and unleashing 6 straight attacks and watching people crap themselves as their HP melts away. Very, very underplayed class and I have no idea why. Hands down the best kept secret in TOR.
(█▒|▒|▒|▒|█[]█[▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
"It's just a bunch of simple tricks and nonsense." -Han Solo

Celestry
12.14.2011 , 05:55 PM | #14
My early play guildies have been playing mainly Troopers and Smugglers to start, and are rolling jedi classes as alts. That is a rather skewed sample though.