Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character names

Ookami
12.14.2011 , 12:50 PM | #1
Trying to find a server that would let me use the name I wanted this late in the game did not happen (all servers I tried, the name was unavailable, makes me wonder if someone logged into them all and locked the name for one reason or another ) so I tried using a secondary name instead. Got a weird error stating "Inavlid Name". Any clue on the meaning of this, I verified that there were no special characters that might be conflicting, even spaces, and still couldn't figure this one out. Anyone else run into this or have a clue as to why it happens?
Quote: Originally Posted by Thentamakur View Post
For the pains we endure now so shall we lessen for those that come after. Into the forgotten night we go head held high in defiance of obscurity. such is the life of a beta tester, and aren't we sadistic enough to enjoy it lol.

eerbin
12.14.2011 , 12:58 PM | #2
I had the same issue. "Invalid Name" means that for some reason the name has been banned.

I wish there was a way to dispute this, as it was really upsetting yesterday when the name I use in usual Star Wars roleplaying was denied to me, all the while I see Darththis and Darththat running around the server.

I realize that the dev's will eventually force these people to choose new names, but it does nothing to salve the wound in my heart that is my character without his proper name.
In Bioware, we trust.

Ookami
12.14.2011 , 01:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by eerbin View Post
I had the same issue. "Invalid Name" means that for some reason the name has been banned.

I wish there was a way to dispute this, as it was really upsetting yesterday when the name I use in usual Star Wars roleplaying was denied to me, all the while I see Darththis and Darththat running around the server.

I realize that the dev's will eventually force these people to choose new names, but it does nothing to salve the wound in my heart that is my character without his proper name.
Yea, that's what I figured. I tried to verify the name and it came up listed as a planet name in the SW Wiki. Another name I tried also produced the error, but I could find no reference to it anywhere in the SW sources I used. Maybe there should be a way to dispute it, or at least a list compiling all the names that can't be used. Kind of annoying.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thentamakur View Post
For the pains we endure now so shall we lessen for those that come after. Into the forgotten night we go head held high in defiance of obscurity. such is the life of a beta tester, and aren't we sadistic enough to enjoy it lol.