Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

vBulletin and You - [SWTOR vBulletin Guide] (What Bioware left out)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
vBulletin and You - [SWTOR vBulletin Guide] (What Bioware left out)

Dasffion
01.18.2012 , 10:21 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandrel-Blitz View Post
Great point there. I too have done the same. The template is a little misleading at times because you often will still see the "Reply" and/or "Quote" buttons even if the thread is locked. The only sure way to tell if it's locked in most cases is read to the end and find the Bioware post (if any) that says the thread is locked, or simply attempt to reply and get the "Thread Locked" error message.
The quote button is ALWAYS gone if it's locked. If you're seeing it when you're reading through it's because it hasn't been locked yet.

HanzoV
01.18.2012 , 10:23 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
If the quote option is gone it's locked.

Not sure why this thread is in the new player help forum, did it get moved here?

The forums are fine the way they are. Could there be more functionality? Maybe but they work, I've had no issues with them and I'm sure most of the population doesn't either. Ignorance is bliss.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that "tell" from now on.
TORtanic indeed. It's just like that movie that was hugely successful and made boatloads of money.
This is an MMO. Whether you play with or see the other players is irrelevant to that fact.

Vandrel-Blitz
01.18.2012 , 10:24 AM | #23
If the quote option is gone it's locked.
I've seen cases where both or at least one of the buttons is still present.

Take: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=3500 for example. "Post Reply" is still there. Someone would have to go all the way to page 99 before they knew it was locked.

To me, it's right on par with the magically disappearing Search button, which the feature still works.

Not sure why this thread is in the new player help forum, did it get moved here?
Indeed, it was in general. meh. Help is help so I suppose it "may" be better suited in here.
Electric Mayhem (click for more details)
SWTOR - The Shadowlands - US East - PVE - Empire Guild

Dasffion
01.18.2012 , 10:26 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandrel-Blitz View Post
I've seen cases where both or at least one of the buttons is still present.

Take: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=3500 for example. "Post Reply" is still there. Someone would have to go all the way to page 99 before they knew it was locked.
Post Reply is always there locked or not but as I said, Quote is always gone on locked threads. The only time I've ever seen a quote button on a "locked thread" was when the mods locked it between the time i opened it and hit quote

The search button doesn't magically disappear, it was disabled for a time and is again.

Vandrel-Blitz
01.18.2012 , 10:27 AM | #25
Post Reply is always there locked or not but as I said, Quote is always gone on locked threads. The only time I've ever seen a quote button on a "locked thread" was when the mods locked it between the time i opened it and hit quote
May be the case then, none the less it's still something that should be looked into for a (enhancement) if you will.

I have no idea how many people find it annoying, I for one do, but it'd be nice to not be bothered with that here.

It's not something that's present in newer versions of vBulletin, where you'll instantly find a "Closed" or "Locked" button (depending on template) to replace "Reply", "Quick Reply", "Quote", and "Multi Quote". This is a version/template error.

For example: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...munity-Members

Notice the "Closed Thread" button and lack of reply/quote buttons

Vandrel-Blitz
01.18.2012 , 05:19 PM | #26
For those looking for the "search" feature, you can use http://www.swtor.com/community/search.php until it's back up

Cioffaz
01.19.2012 , 04:59 AM | #27
Thanks man!

So, we're going to split the money 50/50, right?

Refer me pls!

Vandrel-Blitz
01.19.2012 , 04:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Cioffaz View Post
Thanks man!
No worries,

Looks like the search function is back on the layout now. I'd still recommend that everyone bookmarks my previous link.....just incase.

Emily_Mc
01.20.2012 , 06:41 PM | #29
free bump for this, great guide and wonderful info. glad to see the search is back!

RohanEagle
03.06.2012 , 01:59 PM | #30
The Forum Software t was extremely simplified to avoid volume traffic.

Whois History:
163 records have been archived since 2008-01-07 .
Reverse IP:
675 other sites hosted on this server.

No Comments
The Jedi Tower