Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Stop Waves So Early?!? ANSWERED

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion

AaronPenick
12.14.2011 , 12:38 PM | #1
I am going to hazzard a guess and say about 70% of EACH wave that got invited today cant play right now do to being at work/school. So yes right now the servers are light/standard and the herd is QQing about what they PRECIEVE to be BW taking off for the day. They send out the invites and now what they are doing is bracing themselves for the onslaught once people start getting off work/school. The rest of the day will be server monitoring/creation etc. I really dont see why this is so hard for people to grasp

So yes if you didn't get into the game today that sucks and im sorry. Good news is based off of how many got in today you will get into tomorrow which is a lot earlier then would have happened originally.
Please remember to engage your brain before posting on the forums

AaronPenick
12.14.2011 , 12:40 PM | #2
::sigh:: bump so hopefully we stop seeing these threads about ending early being bs

Kaphene
12.14.2011 , 12:41 PM | #3
why is it so hard to grasp that the 20th 3x the people that pre-ordered the game will purchase the game and it will be server *****torm, if they can't handle to let the people that pre-ordered the game in, how do they expect to survive the 20th? Contrary to most of the people on the forums 90% of people do not pre-order things.

<<work at gamestop
<< midnight release for MW3 sell 700 copies
<< day MW3 actually came out sell 5,000 copies
<< where the hell were all these people at midnight release?
<< oh ya they are lazy and didn't preorder.
<<20th == server *****torm INC

LordRaevin
12.14.2011 , 12:41 PM | #4
I thought because it was lunch time at McDonalds, damn.

skrill
12.14.2011 , 12:41 PM | #5
You really think these people that are nerd raging are going to listen to logic and/or actually read anything other than their own rage posts?

Terraphon
12.14.2011 , 12:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by skrill View Post
You really think these people that are nerd raging are going to listen to logic and/or actually read anything other than their own rage posts?
+1 internets to this man.

AaronPenick
12.14.2011 , 12:43 PM | #7
Everyone I know personally has pre-ordered the game. They do this for a MAJOR reason in the MMO world and that is for early access. Pretty sure the majority want the extra time as well and will preorder. I am also willing to bet that AT LEAST 60% (and thats major lowballing i want to say at least 75%) of players on the 20th will be preorders

Naitaka
12.14.2011 , 12:44 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AaronPenick View Post

I am going to hazzard a guess and say about 70% of EACH wave that got invited today cant play right now do to being at work/school. So yes right now the servers are light/standard and the herd is QQing about what they PRECIEVE to be BW taking off for the day. They send out the invites and now what they are doing is bracing themselves for the onslaught once people start getting off work/school. The rest of the day will be server monitoring/creation etc. I really dont see why this is so hard for people to grasp

So yes if you didn't get into the game today that sucks and im sorry. Good news is based off of how many got in today you will get into tomorrow which is a lot earlier then would have happened originally.
Well that sure made a lot of sense.

AaronPenick
12.14.2011 , 12:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by skrill View Post
It's always a losing battle but if you give up the fight you loose the war.

Shredding
12.14.2011 , 12:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AaronPenick View Post

They were light and standard last night at 8pm central... expect about the same tonight. They could let more people in if they want.