Why Stop Waves So Early?!? ANSWERED

AaronPenick

I am going to hazzard a guess and say about 70% of EACH wave that got invited today cant play right now do to being at work/school. So yes right now the servers are light/standard and the herd is QQing about what they PRECIEVE to be BW taking off for the day. They send out the invites and now what they are doing is bracing themselves for the onslaught once people start getting off work/school. The rest of the day will be server monitoring/creation etc. I really dont see why this is so hard for people to grasp :confused:

So yes if you didn't get into the game today that sucks and im sorry. Good news is based off of how many got in today you will get into tomorrow which is a lot earlier then would have happened originally.

Edited by AaronPenick

why is it so hard to grasp that the 20th 3x the people that pre-ordered the game will purchase the game and it will be server *****torm, if they can't handle to let the people that pre-ordered the game in, how do they expect to survive the 20th? Contrary to most of the people on the forums 90% of people do not pre-order things.

<<work at gamestop

<< midnight release for MW3 sell 700 copies

<< day MW3 actually came out sell 5,000 copies

<< where the hell were all these people at midnight release?

<< oh ya they are lazy and didn't preorder.

<<20th == server *****torm INC

Everyone I know personally has pre-ordered the game. They do this for a MAJOR reason in the MMO world and that is for early access. Pretty sure the majority want the extra time as well and will preorder. I am also willing to bet that AT LEAST 60% (and thats major lowballing i want to say at least 75%) of players on the 20th will be preorders

Why Stop Waves So Early?!? ANSWERED

I am going to hazzard a guess and say about 70% of EACH wave that got invited today cant play right now do to being at work/school. So yes right now the servers are light/standard and the herd is QQing about what they PRECIEVE to be BW taking off for the day. They send out the invites and now what they are doing is bracing themselves for the onslaught once people start getting off work/school. The rest of the day will be server monitoring/creation etc. I really dont see why this is so hard for people to grasp :confused:

So yes if you didn't get into the game today that sucks and im sorry. Good news is based off of how many got in today you will get into tomorrow which is a lot earlier then would have happened originally.

Well that sure made a lot of sense.

They were light and standard last night at 8pm central... expect about the same tonight. They could let more people in if they want.

why is it so hard to grasp that the 20th 3x the people that pre-ordered the game will purchase the game and it will be server *****torm, if they can't handle to let the people that pre-ordered the game in, how do they expect to survive the 20th? Contrary to most of the people on the forums 90% of people do not pre-order things.

<<work at gamestop

Over 2 million pre-orders, something like 800k box orders. Contrary to your personal belief.

<<work at gamestop

Why does everyone think that the servers are going to crash on the 20th? Don't you realize that the point of staggering is build up the server durability so it can handle mass amounts of people?

I guess these are the same people that expect a full length movie to immediately load and get pissed when they get the buffering screen when trying to skip to the end.

<<work at gamestop

The issue isn't that they can't handle it. The issue is they want the population to be evenly distributed on the servers. What would happen on the 20th if everyone who pre-ordered and got into Early Access were bunched up on 10-20 servers out of 106? Those players whose guild was placed on those 10-20 servers would be screwed. Bioware is not doing this because they can't handle it, they are doing it because they are being responsible about it.

There are a lot of reasons to be unhappy with Bioware (I'm not going to get into my personal issues with them right now), but the EGA program is not one of those valid reasons. They originally planned to start EGA (Exactly the same methods btw) on the 15th. Today is the 14th and everyone up to October 3rd-4th seems to have been invited now. I pre-ordered at the end of September and wasn't expecting to get into the EGA until Friday or Saturday. I got in today (not that I can play until probably 5-6 hours from now when I get home from work). It's a bonus to me and I don't understand why people can't see that they are still getting in earlier than they would have!

Edited by theLast

Why start another thread for ************ whining and gnashing of teeth? Stop the cycle. I am flagging this thread as it is just perpetuating the cycle.

I would really like to get a semblance of normalcy and an air of positivity back on the forums so I can start focusing on the GAME!!!!! I want to play.

QFT

FLAG!

Useless QQ thread

<<work at gamestop

Mostly, i agree with you. But about the midnight launch rant... Normal people sleep at night, not go out and buy vidya games.

<<work at gamestop

Honestly? Very damn difficult to grasp. Where did you get your stats from? Three times the number of pre-ordered games.... will be sold to non-pre-orders... which means that there is no "limited quantity" of games put out on the market. Yep. You're right. It'll happen. Servers will go down. And we'll all find out the Mayans were, in fact, full of ****. Cuz the world will end about a year early. :rolleyes:

you cant stop the ragers, people who think they can are also the same people who thing the govt is capable of fixing the economy

Why start another thread for ************ whining and gnashing of teeth? Stop the cycle. I am flagging this thread as it is just perpetuating the cycle.

I would really like to get a semblance of normalcy and an air of positivity back on the forums so I can start focusing on the GAME!!!!! I want to play.

QFT

FLAG!

Useless QQ thread

Hear hear, for the record I've also flagged this post already when I made my reply.