Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Last names?

Xerolyfe
12.14.2011 , 12:26 PM | #1
Is this in the game already or a feature that is "coming soon"?

JinsGhost
12.14.2011 , 12:32 PM | #2
Last names are part of the Legacy feature I think. I have no idea about anything else about it.
Force NERDS: Nobody Ever Really DieS...
Inconceivable
Spyderwalker Legacy

Ookami
12.14.2011 , 12:33 PM | #3
You may be refering to the Legacy system that is in place and you have access to after you finish chapter 1 of your class quests. It let's you choose a surname for all your charatcers, though like a character name, only one user can have that name per server.

If you're refering to actually being able to choose a last name at character creation, then no it does not exist, though I wish it would. It would help with people who want to use a specific name, but because they came in to late can't because it's been locked by another user who chose it first. I always wonder why developers off MMOs don't implement this.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thentamakur View Post
For the pains we endure now so shall we lessen for those that come after. Into the forgotten night we go head held high in defiance of obscurity. such is the life of a beta tester, and aren't we sadistic enough to enjoy it lol.

Dasffion
12.14.2011 , 12:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JinsGhost View Post
Last names are part of the Legacy feature I think. I have no idea about anything else about it.
Yep, once you finish chapter 1 you can choose a last name but it applies to all characters on that server.

fallenjedi
12.14.2011 , 12:35 PM | #5
Last names are part of the Legacy System which should be "live". You need to finish Act 1 with any character on your account to enable the Legacy System content.

The Legacy content tab is either in the character sheet, or the window that displays the codex (it is a multi-tabbed window). I kind of forget exactly where it is, sorry.

Xerolyfe
12.14.2011 , 12:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
Yep, once you finish chapter 1 you can choose a last name but it applies to all characters on that server.
It applies to all the characters on the server? That's... lame. What if I want to be Darth Evil Meanie on one toon and Master Super McNiceguy on another?

Xerolyfe
12.14.2011 , 12:40 PM | #7
I was hoping for something more like EQ2's naming system.

Ookami
12.14.2011 , 12:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerolyfe View Post
I was hoping for something more like EQ2's naming system.
Never messed with it, how does EQ2 handle names?
Quote: Originally Posted by Thentamakur View Post
For the pains we endure now so shall we lessen for those that come after. Into the forgotten night we go head held high in defiance of obscurity. such is the life of a beta tester, and aren't we sadistic enough to enjoy it lol.

GamewizX
12.14.2011 , 12:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerolyfe View Post
It applies to all the characters on the server? That's... lame. What if I want to be Darth Evil Meanie on one toon and Master Super McNiceguy on another?
It's because the Legacy system has much more in store down the road. It's not just a "last name" system, that is just the tip of the iceberg for what is to come.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

Pwny_Express
12.14.2011 , 01:01 PM | #10
Bah, if someone takes the name I want before I can get to it it will ruin the game me. Grrrrr.
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Better advice was never given.