Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PAY PAL ISSUE - urgent

Darthpiccettina
12.14.2011 , 12:00 PM | #1
hi, in short
1. early game access code inserted correctly
2. personal infos filled in correctly
3. COLLECTOR'S edition code on the box inserted correctly
4. random security code generator activated correctly
5. i have a 30 days pre paid game access but i have to subscribe anyway to get in game once i receive your email for the early access. so i went to the subscription page, selected PAY PAL MONTLY RECURRING BILLING, went through all the process, to the paypal page, which sent me back to your site, and your site says SUBSCRIPTION NONE.
if i look at my account the subscription part is grayed out while all the others mentioned above (points 1,2,3,4) are all in color and with a yellow flag.
without a subscription i won't be able to get into the early access even if i receive the email saying i'm ready.
calling you is impossible, your operators are always busy
i wrote 2 emails already, no answer
which god do i have to pray in order to get a bit of customer care?

i'm posting this in the player help section too, maybe someone will see it
TOTALLY TOTALLY TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH YOUR CUSTOMER CARE

p.s.
my paypal always worked and still does for my WoW subscription SO the problem is definitely on your side

Reprezent
12.14.2011 , 12:02 PM | #2
so they are making us subscribe when we get 30 days of free time with getting the digital deluxe edition COOL *********** STORY BRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarthTHC
12.14.2011 , 12:10 PM | #3
You do not need a subscription to get early access. You need a code that whomever you pre-ordered from should give you when you pre-order. You enter that through your account pages here on this site.

After that, you need to wait until your account is enabled for early access. They are enabling that on a first-come, first-served basis. If you registered on July 21, you're in already. If you registered on December 13, you're going to wait a bit yet.

You do not need an email from BioWare stating that you are in early access. All you need to do is log in via the launcher (I assume you've downloaded already). If the Play button is enabled, you're in. If it's grayed out, try again next time they announce a wave.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

MrJake
12.14.2011 , 12:59 PM | #4
maybe try customer service thread :P

Dasffion
12.14.2011 , 01:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJake View Post
maybe try customer service thread :P
He has http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...293#post186293

No answers there but he got the answer he needs here, you don't need a subscription for early access.

Darthpiccettina
12.14.2011 , 06:05 PM | #6
i think some ppl can't read or should maybe use their brain to read what it's been written,not just their eyes.

did i say anything about wanting to get in early? ANSWER: NO
can i? ANSWER: I COULD IF I WAS ABLE TO SET UP A PAYMENT

if you go on the site it says CLEARLY that upon the 20th you'll need to have an active subscription i.e. credit card, pre paid cards, pay pal, to be able to even CLICK the PLAY button, otherwise you're out.

so NO i didn't get an answer here as i didn't in the customer care section
pay pal doesn't work, it doesn't set up a recurring billing for you as it should, and it's an option available to my country since the only country not allowed to use pay pal is russia (and i'm not from russia).

copying from the main page of my account:

Whether you purchased a Digital or a Physical copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic, you will still need to complete all of these steps before you're ready to play.

the last step is to PAY to set up a monthly billing, which could be a pre paid gaming card, credit card, or paypal
i didn't experience ANY error in registering any of my early access code, 5 security questions, contact informations, product registration code (the one on the box), security key setup.

what i get is the IMPOSSIBILITY to set up a payment for the months to come which is NEEDED EVEN IF YOU HAVE 30 DAYS OF FREE TIME.
even more IT IS NEEDED ON THE 20TH OF DECEMBER otherwise you can say goodbye to your PLAY button on your client

copying again from the SUBSCRIPTION LINK on my account
You have 30 days of play time starting 12.20.2011. You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play. If you sign up for a recurring subscription, you will be billed automatically at the end of your current remaining play time.

do you get the problem now? the billing setup doesn't work
other ppl did it with credit card or game cards and worked. pay pal is broken
this means that even if i get in only on the 20th, i won't be able to play
not only, the site will be so congested at that time that even trying to set up a pay pal billing subscription will result in several disconnects all day long (as you might have experienced in the last 2 days)
so if you guys didn't notice, you should log into your account and have a look at all the steps you have to complete because you'll get stuck on the payment one if you're willing to use pay pal

Aevar
12.14.2011 , 10:35 PM | #7
not sure what your trying to pay for....the game is not LIVE until the 20th.

until they turn the switch on for your "early access", which is much like beta access. You just have to wait until you get your invitation email.

FYI, most people cant even enter a product registration code yet, cause they dont have the game.

I would say your best bet is to wait until they take the serves off line on the 19th and try again. ya their is going to be a ton of people trying to do the same thing.

DEAL WITH IT

sdwagonjp
12.14.2011 , 10:45 PM | #8
You keep talking about how Paypal does not work. Use a DIFFERENT card.

muuud
12.15.2011 , 04:47 PM | #9
Whether you purchased a Digital or a Physical copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic, you will still need to complete all of these steps before you're ready to play.

but:

If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access. (from Account 5 steps page)

paypal now is not working (me too), but now is not needed.... it can work 20th ?